Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

names to write

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by SEKrocstar OTR CFC, Nov 11, 2001.

1. SEKrocstar OTR CFC

SEKrocstar OTR CFC Junior Member

do you think that with only 26 letters in the english alphabet that its natural for people to have same names to write, or that we should STILL be able to come up with new ones even with all the writers nowadays? (on a side note: ive been writing for almost 10 years and all 3 of my names ive found in other cities...go figure)

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Boogie Hands, you are an asshole, you always seem to rape all of the polls posts....good job, on being more of an eyesore than myself.

3. I was thinking about that a lot lately.
    I make pieces under lots of names.But i concider one of those names my main one. I am not really happy about it, its a common name, i probably share it with a bunch of other writers around the globe.
    And i dont really care, i have it from when i started 7 years ago.
    So its my name, i dont care.
    The thing that bothers me the most is that in the quest of originality people choose really silly names, a 3/4 letter combo that doesnt mean anything and sounds ugly.
    My name is one of those although not to original.
    You mentioned 26 letters, fuck that.
    Cause at the end we are talking about the same 10 letters combined in 3 or 4 letter words...Not to many alternatives right?
    Why? cause not to many writers have the balls to rock a Q or an X.
    But thats straight formalistic shit, names are not copyrighted as walls arent also. They're locked by style.
    If your pieces under a _______ name lack style, your name will be taken by someone that actually deserves it just like your piece on a wall that will get covered really soon if its not able to prevent it.
    And to get back to your question,
    I think we earn our names, everytime i see the word "amaze" i automaticly think of AMAZE however that doesnt happen with other words that someone might be writing.
    I dont know if i feel that AMAZE is one of the coolest names a writer could have because its a good name or because the person behind is one of the coolest writers. The one thing i know is that the name is taken cause noone can write it without thinking of "AMAZE".
    And if you write SD56NHQ and you're biting you still aint shit.
    I say, pick a name that you like and actually can work on without thinking of someone elses stuff and do your best to hold it.

Its like Highlander:
    "There can only be one"

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Ouch.

5. tue skinny

tue skinny Elite Member

BOOOOOOGIIIEEE HANDS

6. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

i understand what you're saying, but i'd much rather see that, providing the right attitude was behind it. i mean if you're trying to be thug with a name like Glyxinixlpx then it won't really happen.

Although look an SNX in NYC on the 7line. It stands for Schonix! That kid destroys...seriously a fill-in AT LEAST on EVERY SINGLE ROOFTOP on the 7. No joke.

I'd rather see someone right something that makes them happy (hence the signature), no matter how silly it is. Don't try and please others or worry if it sounds fresh enough. (Someone in Nyc rights Fresh...and yes his stuff is).

do what you feel
    eat a pastrami sandwich

7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

its not that hard.

8. On a sidenote,
    I was also thinking about countries and places that have a different alphabet,
    Speak another language.
    It seems that graffiti as we know it is strictly associated with the English alphabet.
    Maybe its because we often judge the style of a letter based on its history of transformations.

9. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

hahhahah....you cant get enough of the boogie hands....fucker:D

10. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

just don't copy your name out of a magazine!

11. eliteLEIT

eliteLEIT Junior Member

12. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

...i was actually thinking about this the other day too...i was wondering if certains letters or combinations or words are intrinsically more pleasing to the human mind, and thus thats why you get the same letters and names(assuming you could hold the biting variable constant)...like on a deep subconcious level, jung style...i dunno just a thought.....

13. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

sure it's easy..but right when you get the name..your doing all good getting the hang of it..then you come to find out theres another you..lol..shit happens

14. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

the immortal lee county killers.

the alias that i use on trains isn't too original. but then i have acouple numbers after it .. so it makes it better.

15. Krook

Krook Banned

i only know of one person that has the same name as me...

and i noticed him on the boards a week after i started using the name but he lives in Canada so it's all good:cool: