ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- There'll be no more fun, fun, fun for one of

Albuquerque's biggest graffiti vandals now that the mayor's taken his

T-bird away.

********, blamed by city officials for graffiti at 250 sites across New

Mexico's largest city, handed over his keys and title to his 1987 Ford

Thunderbird to Mayor Martin Chavez during a news conference

Monday.

***** also gave the mayor a check for $1,500 and will make monthly

payments for a year as part of a restitution agreement with the city.

***** agreed to pay a total of $4,500 plus the car.

``I now understand that this form of expression is not acceptable,'' he

said.

The mayor said the episode should send the message that the city will

pursue graffiti vandals and sue them for money to clean up the damage.

``These are not harmless kids. This is a serious category of offense,''

Chavez said.

Albuquerque has collected about $31,000 from 57 people, including about

15 parents of young people blamed for graffiti, said Pete Dinelli,

deputy city attorney. He called ***** the biggest graffiti vandal caught

in

the crackdown.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What does this guy's car have to do with him painting? That sounds completely retarded, and I can't believe it made the paper. Albuquerque doesn't have bigger news?

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by exhibitone

an idiot writter in

a stupid city

i would of made them make some effort

to catch me

well, although i am far from my home town, i still get a little pissed when people diss it. you obviously have no idea the caliber of writers coming out of albq. name dropping is for the birds, so do some research tuff guy.

this guys style is anything but, but he crushed every inch of the city. more scribes then i've seen since i was about 18. the kid has balls enough for 20 writer's. it took them about 5 years to catch up to the guy, and even then they had to sue, they couldn't get enough evidence to file criminal charges. and as some of us know, they don't need evidence to sue. when i was 16 i was sued there for 60 thousand, but won thank the credit gods...

if you don't know now you know, nigga.......

*edit* i bumped a thread for people who are oblivious to burque, go to brick slayers, "early albuquerque, the hidden graff gem"

Guest mugshot

so he spraint paints a wall and that makes it ok for the judge to basically carjack him. fuck that shit, lets all bomb new mexico even harder now.

Originally posted by Tofu

Damn, it seems like they'd want to let him keep the car so he can get to and from work easily so as to make money to pay his restitution with...

By the way, I'm from Albuquerque, too :)

odale burqueno!! e-mail me, we'll talk ese...

they don't need evidence to sue? surely they must need something to incriminate him with? i mean, you can obviously press charges against someone, but without showing proper evidence... i don't exactly understand how the city could have won a case.

someone please explain.

Originally posted by casekonly

they don't need evidence to sue? surely they must need something to incriminate him with? i mean, you can obviously press charges against someone, but without showing proper evidence... i don't exactly understand how the city could have won a case.

someone please explain.

well, in albq. politicians and police practice crookedry as a way of dealing with things they can't seem to get a grasp of. if they can't bring a conviction, they will do what it takes to get your money, ie; bribed juries, judges who are really against what sort of crime is being committed, etc. we call them a gang, for that's exactly what they are. about a year ago i was spotted hitting a mop tag by a rookie cop. he pulled up to me, handcuffed me and threw me in his car. then we drove around the neighborhood till we got to a secluded area. 4 more cops arrived and they beat the hell out of me and then covered my face arms and legs with the mop, and made me walk home, like 10 miles. it was better then jail, but dirty as hell. if they want you they will get you, it's not like they care about you or your rights. they simply make the jury beleive you did it through trickery. people who have done nothing are sued constantly in albq., not just graff related. you can fight it, but sometimes it's just not your luck to win, guilty or not. i imagine it's the same everywhere... sounds kinda conspiracist theory speaking, but i've watched it happen. and i never said they had no evidence, just that they lacked enough to file criminal charges. in albq., they must catch you in the act to arrest, but lawsuits are running rampant. people's parents are being sued for something they either can't control or they don't know about. it's just weak ass shit any way you look at it...

how fucked up. the system doesn't work for them, so they modify it to work for them. sounds like the nerdy south...alot of corrupt cops who don't care if you did it or not, they suspect you, for whatever reason and decide that you're the scapegoat.

i honestly feel bad for the writers in albuquerque. if you get sued and don't have enough money to afford a good lawyer, even if you aren't really guilty, you lose. the truth is, sometimes it might cost as much to retain a good lawyer as it does to pay off the city. that's how it goes everywhere.

thanks for clearing up my question ragsoe

Originally posted by casekonly

how fucked up. the system doesn't work for them, so they modify it to work for them. sounds like the nerdy south...alot of corrupt cops who don't care if you did it or not, they suspect you, for whatever reason and decide that you're the scapegoat.

i honestly feel bad for the writers in albuquerque. if you get sued and don't have enough money to afford a good lawyer, even if you aren't really guilty, you lose. the truth is, sometimes it might cost as much to retain a good lawyer as it does to pay off the city. that's how it goes everywhere.

thanks for clearing up my question ragsoe

no problem. what most people who lose do is file chapter 11 bankruptcy. fucks your credit for 10 years, but the city eats the tab, and as long as you don't have much material property, you do okay.

Archived