my visceral hate for wisdom teeth or the lack thereof.

Pinup

how long is the "dr. doolittle cheeks" syndrome supposed to last ? i look like a hamster. an angry one.

waking up from the operation was quite a sight, i'm sure the nurses got a kick out of me explaining that "i wath aouaouaouaouaaough ?"

so i guess this thread's topic is : share wisdom on the whole wisdom teeth thing. DID your life turn into an intersperse between crumbled meringue, yogurts and painkillers ? are there any mutant mother fuckers whose teeth fell right in place ? my dentist said you were the evolution of humanity.

maybe you should all evolve down into some deep pit.

but i love you all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i don't believe in the dentist

(although i am very keen on dental hygeine)

my wisdom teeth came in when i was about 18, and would recede, and come back, and recede, and come back, bursting through the gums each time, creating quite an arresting discomfort.

thanks anbesol.

i just nursed em with ice cream whenever they felt shitty, never had em removed.

it's been about two years since they did that.

so i put up with about ten years of wisdom ripping my gums open and it finally went away.

Well, i had all four teeth removed last year and it kicked ass. My cheeks didn't swell at all and by the second day i was eating cheesburgers down at the Smokehouse in Berkeley.

Yeah, i guess i was one of the lucky ones.

Did they give you a valium before you went in for the surgery?

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

Damn man, you're still hamstered out?

I woke up more hamstered out than ever. And it's supposed to last a week, if it doesn't infect. Fantastacular (is a word i just invented and i think i can say with no shame or apprehension that i think it is quite a cool word.)!

Originally posted by Pinup

i look like a hamster. an angry one.

there he goes..!

http://www.dur.ac.uk/trevs.lout/images/hamster.jpg'>

It'll go away soon.

I think my friend had really bad ones and they cured within a couple of days.

I'm scared to get em pulled.

I'm waiting as looooong as possible.

their pretty much all grown in.

My dentist said their a haven for cavities tho.

Hope you feel better! :)

LENS, i hate you very much. ;)

And they gave me several things, they knocked my mouth out and i was also in some kind of twilight sleep where i was aware of the drilling in my mouth but would start hallucinating about hills of vivid colours now and then. I wasn't actually aware of when i passed out.

LENS, i hate you very much. ;)

And they gave me several things, they knocked my mouth out and i was also in some kind of twilight sleep where i was aware of the drilling in my mouth but would start hallucinating about hills of vivid colours now and then. I wasn't actually aware of when i passed out.

S'cool man, I'd hate me too if i was you.

My nose was fitted with a weird respirator and they started channeling nitrous into me. Next i was given some funky I.V and told to take three real deep breathes (I didn't even get halfway through the second one) and WHAM-O!

out like a light

I remember passing the fuck out and hallucinating/wild colors/crazy visions/etc... and before i knew it, i was woken up.

If it makes you feel any better, i ruined a pillow at home when i passed out and drooled blood all over it.

Originally posted by LENS

Well, i had all four teeth removed last year and it kicked ass. My cheeks didn't swell at all and by the second day i was eating cheesburgers down at the Smokehouse in Berkeley.

Yeah, i guess i was one of the lucky ones.

Did they give you a valium before you went in for the surgery?

You cuntface, my brother was the exact same way. He was eating lamb chops the same day he got them taken out. I on the other hand was a complete zombie for about a week. All I did was lay on the couch watching the cartoon network from getting up to going to bed. I didn't eat a think for like 5 days. I had chipmunk cheeks for like a week, then when I could finally get up and the swelling had gone down, it was another week or so until I could actually clench my teeth together. It was the shittiest week of my life.

Oh, and they didn't put me under, they only used that anaesthetic in a needle, so I had the joy of being awake for the whole preceedings, hearing the cracking and the horrible taste of blood gushing down my throat.

Plus, they only did one side at a time. Which means I have to go back and get the other side taken out as well. Yay!

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I must but conclude only the cool people get the chipmunk cheeks. On a brighter note, now i know what i'd look like if i were fat.

It's rather quite endearing in a chubby guy kind of way.

Pinup....the single most annoying thing you will have to deal with in the whole recovery process is getting bits of food up in the bloody holes where your teeth used to be. you have to be straight up militant about keeping those holes clean

Well well...

just woke up. Cheeks a little less swolen but i still look like i'm stocking my food.

Thanks for the feedback, Lenski, i try to be careful with my holes but i don't want to feel them too much either. In addition to the antiseptic and painkiller and whatever that other pill they give me is, they give me this mouthwash which deals with the food in bloody wholes i think/i hope.

My teeth were not actually fully grown, only the roots were taken out. Even though these days are pretty much sucking for me, i suggest everyone get this done. I guess i'll turn out quite relieved in a week or so. Also, this way, i can all make fun of you.

I had three of them taken out with nitrous and novacaine. It hurt but the nurse was a cutie so I didn't mind that much. The nitrous made me pretty removed from what was going on even though it still hurt like crazy. I was stoned enough of the stuff to try to make the nurse laugh by trying to be funny. Then after it was done I went to the bathroom and saw how big my face was and realized how stupid it must look to be high on nitrous, flirting, and having cheeks the size of peaches. The novacaine shots actually hurt the worst, I felt those right to the bone.

The swelling went down after a couple of days for me, basically I just sat around and listened to the baseball playoffs, sketched, watched TV, and played video games. Oh and I had a lot of percocet, too, that helped with the pain.

Guest sneak

In addition to being an 'unevolved'

part of the parcel of being French...

its too easy...

Archived