1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

my visceral hate for wisdom teeth or the lack thereof.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pinup, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Pinup

Pinup 12oz Senior Member

my visceral hate for wisdom teeth or the lack thereof.

Discussion started by Pinup - Jul 14, 2004

how long is the "dr. doolittle cheeks" syndrome supposed to last ? i look like a hamster. an angry one.

waking up from the operation was quite a sight, i'm sure the nurses got a kick out of me explaining that "i wath aouaouaouaouaaough ?"

so i guess this thread's topic is : share wisdom on the whole wisdom teeth thing. DID your life turn into an intersperse between crumbled meringue, yogurts and painkillers ? are there any mutant mother fuckers whose teeth fell right in place ? my dentist said you were the evolution of humanity.

maybe you should all evolve down into some deep pit.

but i love you all.

Pinup - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

Devilush - Replied Jul 14, 2004

i wouldnt know the answer but you reminded me that i need to get my wisdom teeth taken out. i have two of them growing in. shit, its both on my right side too.

Devilush - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  3. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

MrChupacabra - Replied Jul 14, 2004

Damn man, you're still hamstered out? You were complaining about that damn near a full day ago. Hope you get better soon, but until then enjoy the pills.

MrChupacabra - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Jul 14, 2004

i don't believe in the dentist
    (although i am very keen on dental hygeine)

my wisdom teeth came in when i was about 18, and would recede, and come back, and recede, and come back, bursting through the gums each time, creating quite an arresting discomfort.

thanks anbesol.

i just nursed em with ice cream whenever they felt shitty, never had em removed.

it's been about two years since they did that.

so i put up with about ten years of wisdom ripping my gums open and it finally went away.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  5. gatita

gatita 12oz Senior Member

gatita - Replied Jul 14, 2004

Mine are coming in. First it didnt hurt now I wake up feeling like someone punched my lower jaw. Sore.. soooooore!

gatita - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Jul 14, 2004

Well, i had all four teeth removed last year and it kicked ass. My cheeks didn't swell at all and by the second day i was eating cheesburgers down at the Smokehouse in Berkeley.

Yeah, i guess i was one of the lucky ones.

Did they give you a valium before you went in for the surgery?

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. Pinup

Pinup 12oz Senior Member

Pinup - Replied Jul 14, 2004

I woke up more hamstered out than ever. And it's supposed to last a week, if it doesn't infect. Fantastacular (is a word i just invented and i think i can say with no shame or apprehension that i think it is quite a cool word.)!

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jul 14, 2004

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist 12oz Elite Member

CinchedWaist - Replied Jul 14, 2004

there he goes..!
    http://www.dur.ac.uk/trevs.lout/images/hamster.jpg'>

It'll go away soon.
    I think my friend had really bad ones and they cured within a couple of days.

I'm scared to get em pulled.
    I'm waiting as looooong as possible.
    their pretty much all grown in.
    My dentist said their a haven for cavities tho.

Hope you feel better! :)

CinchedWaist - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. Pinup

Pinup 12oz Senior Member

LENS, i hate you very much. ;)

And they gave me several things, they knocked my mouth out and i was also in some kind of twilight sleep where i was aware of the drilling in my mouth but would start hallucinating about hills of vivid colours now and then. I wasn't actually aware of when i passed out.

11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Jul 14, 2004

S'cool man, I'd hate me too if i was you.

My nose was fitted with a weird respirator and they started channeling nitrous into me. Next i was given some funky I.V and told to take three real deep breathes (I didn't even get halfway through the second one) and WHAM-O!

out like a light

I remember passing the fuck out and hallucinating/wild colors/crazy visions/etc... and before i knew it, i was woken up.

If it makes you feel any better, i ruined a pillow at home when i passed out and drooled blood all over it.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  12. fr8lover

fr8lover 12oz Elite Member

fr8lover - Replied Jul 14, 2004

i got mine out a couple months ago and still have giant holes in the bottom of my mouth in which annoying amounts of food collect and have to be swished out.

hate it.

fr8lover - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Jul 14, 2004

You cuntface, my brother was the exact same way. He was eating lamb chops the same day he got them taken out. I on the other hand was a complete zombie for about a week. All I did was lay on the couch watching the cartoon network from getting up to going to bed. I didn't eat a think for like 5 days. I had chipmunk cheeks for like a week, then when I could finally get up and the swelling had gone down, it was another week or so until I could actually clench my teeth together. It was the shittiest week of my life.

Oh, and they didn't put me under, they only used that anaesthetic in a needle, so I had the joy of being awake for the whole preceedings, hearing the cracking and the horrible taste of blood gushing down my throat.

Plus, they only did one side at a time. Which means I have to go back and get the other side taken out as well. Yay!

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. Pinup

Pinup 12oz Senior Member

yeah LENS, i had the thing up my nose as well.

i also did some awesome blood drooling on my pillow as i got home.

15. Pinup

Pinup 12oz Senior Member

I must but conclude only the cool people get the chipmunk cheeks. On a brighter note, now i know what i'd look like if i were fat.

It's rather quite endearing in a chubby guy kind of way.