my vegemite weighs a ton

Abracadabra

so my mum sent some vegemite over cos i was having withdrawals, but now that it's here all is right in the world once again. i gave some to rental last night and she actually ate it. that's the first non-aussie i've seen down a whole slice of vegemite toast and not curse god for creating the universe.

vegemite%20455g%20large.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Feb 27 2006, 03:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Feb 27 2006, 03:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ego maniac@Feb 28 2006, 05:05 AM

is it brown????????????

this is what it looks spread on toast:

180px-Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg

[/b]

Im sorry duder....

but It looks like poop...

But maybe tastes fanfuckingtastic....!!???!!!

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Feb 27 2006, 02:07 PM

WTF IS THAT?

Vegemite dates back to 1922 when the Fred Walker Company, which became Kraft Walker Foods in 1926 and Kraft Foods Limited in 1950, hired a young chemist to develop a spread from one of the richest known natural sources of the vitamin B group - Brewers Yeast.

Following months of laboratory tests, Dr. Cyril P Callister, who became the nation’s leading food technologist of the 1920s and 30s developed a tasty spreadable paste. It came in a two ounce (57g) amber glass jar capped with a Phoenix seal with the label "Pure Vegetable Extract".

In an imaginative approach, Walker turned to the Australian public to officially name his spread. He conducted a national trade-name competition offering an attractive 50 pound prize pool for the finalists. How the 50 pounds was distributed or who was the winning contestant has unfortunately been lost in history, but it was Walker's daughter who chose the winning name out of the hundreds of entries.

That winning name was Vegemite and in 1923 Vegemite first graced grocers' shelves. It was described as "Delicious on sandwiches and toast, and improves the flavour of soups, stews and gravies". However, it took 14 long years of perseverance from Walker before Vegemite finally gained acceptance and recognition with the Australian people.

------------------------------------------------- ---- -------------------------------

me and all the homies eat it on the block, get street get vegemite.

Ever since World War ll Australian troops have depended on Vegemite for a taste of home.

Australian doctors started recommending Vegemite as a convenient source of vitamin B after it was approved by the British Medical Association in 1939.

These days you'll find jars and tubes of Vegemite with Aussie backpackers and travelers the world over.

Originally posted by villain+Feb 28 2006, 06:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Feb 28 2006, 06:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do they make it by dynamiting vegetables and mopping the residue into a jar?

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Feb 28 2006, 05:19 AM

...... one of the richest known natural sources of the vitamin B group - Brewers Yeast.

it's a direct relative of beer, you gotta love it