Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

my vegemite weighs a ton

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Abracadabra, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

so my mum sent some vegemite over cos i was having withdrawals, but now that it's here all is right in the world once again. i gave some to rental last night and she actually ate it. that's the first non-aussie i've seen down a whole slice of vegemite toast and not curse god for creating the universe.

[​IMG]

2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

what does it taste like?

3. Abracadabra

it tastes like awesome, except it's spreadable

4. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

5. Abracadabra

(it tastes like condensed soy sauce and smells like my cats hair ball treatment. love, rental)

6. ego maniac

ego maniac Elite Member

is it brown????????????

7. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

damn..marsupials, vegemite..what don't y'all niggas have?

8. Abracadabra

this is what it looks spread on toast:

[​IMG]

9. Abracadabra

water

10. master bait

master bait Member

sounds like a warner bros cartoon character

11. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

12. ego maniac

ego maniac Elite Member

this is what it looks spread on toast:

[​IMG]
    [post=4347360]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Im sorry duder....
    but It looks like poop...
    But maybe tastes fanfuckingtastic....!!???!!!

13. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

14. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

Vegemite dates back to 1922 when the Fred Walker Company, which became Kraft Walker Foods in 1926 and Kraft Foods Limited in 1950, hired a young chemist to develop a spread from one of the richest known natural sources of the vitamin B group - Brewers Yeast.

Following months of laboratory tests, Dr. Cyril P Callister, who became the nation’s leading food technologist of the 1920s and 30s developed a tasty spreadable paste. It came in a two ounce (57g) amber glass jar capped with a Phoenix seal with the label "Pure Vegetable Extract".

In an imaginative approach, Walker turned to the Australian public to officially name his spread. He conducted a national trade-name competition offering an attractive 50 pound prize pool for the finalists. How the 50 pounds was distributed or who was the winning contestant has unfortunately been lost in history, but it was Walker's daughter who chose the winning name out of the hundreds of entries.

That winning name was Vegemite and in 1923 Vegemite first graced grocers' shelves. It was described as "Delicious on sandwiches and toast, and improves the flavour of soups, stews and gravies". However, it took 14 long years of perseverance from Walker before Vegemite finally gained acceptance and recognition with the Australian people.

------------------------------------------------- ---- -------------------------------

me and all the homies eat it on the block, get street get vegemite.

15. Abracadabra

it dosn't look fantastic, but really, neither does peanut butter or nutella