My tooth is rotting out of it's socket....

Gunm

So for about two and a half years now i have needed a root canal in a pretty bad way. Last diagnosis (i think the third or fourth from a dentist) that was given said i needed a rotor rooter root canal and a big shiny crown to cap the thing off. The dentist didn't even tell me how much it would cost just "We need to see you right away to correct this..."

This was back in august of 2004

I have no dental insurance, low funds for this sort of thing but I need to do something soon. The goddamn hole in my tooth throbs daily now and is very sensitive to hot and cold stuff.

Isn't there some dental school like a barber school where students can do the work for a hundred dollars rather than the $3500 I estimate it would take to have an asian or white dentist do it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

LENS i sympathize with you,

Although my situation is not quite as grim.

I have a cavity, it hurts when i drink semi-cold liquids. It hurts when i get toothpicks in the area while trying to pick out left over pieces of food. Im gonna be in fucking pain when this shit really gets going.

I cant afford a dentist at the moment, so im gonna have to use orajel when the shit starts hurting.

We need to start a 12oz medical fund.

For reals. Or at least start a "do it yourself dentistry" thread.

can you find a dentist that would work out a payment plan?

also: i've heard of people going to charity hospitals to get dental work done, you just have to wait for several hours until they can admit you..

(i might be completely wrong)

hahaha self surgery..i remeber once i had an ingrown toe nail, and since i hated the doctors i actually cut my toe just enought so i could cut that in-grown sucker out, the process was a horribly painful experiance but the relief of haveing all that puss and crap flow from my in-grown wound was worth it.. its been a few months now and my toes never been better. not that i suggest getting your tooth out on your own though, i hope you tooth gets taken care of though because i know how painful cavities and all that gets.

recently i had the same kinda thing happen. it was honestly the worst pain ive ever felt in my life..i was like crippled on the floor dying. i'd say your best bet is suicide..not that i dont like you or anything..just that it hurts that much.

I've done the ol' cut your own ingrown toenail out before, and i've done the ol' tie a string to your tooth and a doorknob and slam it before...

I have two broken teeth right now. I have dental insurance but the waiting list for crowns is months and months long.

They are both molars. Aren't wisdom teeth and molars attached to the jawbone? That could make things very complicated because I heard they need to be cut out.

Dosent vicodin give him acne or something?

Anyway, i really pitty you. Its threads like this that make me so happy to be an Australian resident. I put myself in a 2 year waiting list for government subsidised dental work (75% off) and i didnt really even need it, none the less I got around $1500 work done, and the dentist said i will never need false teeth. Be jealos of me. Thanks.

Yeah, vicodin makes me break out in acne....so self medication isn't the ticket.

I don't qualify for health benefist because I am only working part-time right now and my job doesn't really have health insurance.

My tooth feels a lot better today....i figure i can extend the tooths life by cutting down on sugary beverages

more details as this problem develops