Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

My tooth is rotting out of it's socket....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

So for about two and a half years now i have needed a root canal in a pretty bad way. Last diagnosis (i think the third or fourth from a dentist) that was given said i needed a rotor rooter root canal and a big shiny crown to cap the thing off. The dentist didn't even tell me how much it would cost just "We need to see you right away to correct this..."

This was back in august of 2004

I have no dental insurance, low funds for this sort of thing but I need to do something soon. The goddamn hole in my tooth throbs daily now and is very sensitive to hot and cold stuff.

Isn't there some dental school like a barber school where students can do the work for a hundred dollars rather than the $3500 I estimate it would take to have an asian or white dentist do it?

2. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

That sucks. The dentist is no fun. I don't know what to tell you though.

3. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

LENS i sympathize with you,
    Although my situation is not quite as grim.

I have a cavity, it hurts when i drink semi-cold liquids. It hurts when i get toothpicks in the area while trying to pick out left over pieces of food. Im gonna be in fucking pain when this shit really gets going.

I cant afford a dentist at the moment, so im gonna have to use orajel when the shit starts hurting.

We need to start a 12oz medical fund.

For reals. Or at least start a "do it yourself dentistry" thread.

4. saraday

saraday Senior Member

can you find a dentist that would work out a payment plan?

also: i've heard of people going to charity hospitals to get dental work done, you just have to wait for several hours until they can admit you..

(i might be completely wrong)

5. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

I heard you date asian chicks

6. Come to Puerto Rico and my dad will do it for a case of Budweiser. No joke.

7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

^^^
    are you serious? i could plan a vacation around that....

but yeah, right now I am drinking myself into painlessness because my tooth socket hurts so much

8. Gunm

Gunm Banned

yes, you are right.....
    :haha:

9. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

hahaha self surgery..i remeber once i had an ingrown toe nail, and since i hated the doctors i actually cut my toe just enought so i could cut that in-grown sucker out, the process was a horribly painful experiance but the relief of haveing all that puss and crap flow from my in-grown wound was worth it.. its been a few months now and my toes never been better. not that i suggest getting your tooth out on your own though, i hope you tooth gets taken care of though because i know how painful cavities and all that gets.

10. cloner

cloner Senior Member

recently i had the same kinda thing happen. it was honestly the worst pain ive ever felt in my life..i was like crippled on the floor dying. i'd say your best bet is suicide..not that i dont like you or anything..just that it hurts that much.

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Im getting all four wisdom teeth yanked next week at the same time..

oh how high i will be for a few days.

12. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

That's health care, not dentistry, bub.....

14. Bunyip

Bunyip Junior Member

vodka, some string, a door handle and someone to slam that door.

15. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

i had 4 teeth out a few months back. on the reals, that shit didnt hurt at all.