My self is always more original than i am.

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.brokenschool.com/12oz/halloween.jpg'>

a lil halloween treat for you little kiddos hey beardo when you saved that gif in photoshop what color was the matte color? you need to get it as the same color as the grey background on 12oz from what it appears you have a white halo effect around your image cuz you have a white matte that what made it all sketchy and shit i hope this was of any help

...hey beardo what about jpeg status...i dunno, i mean gnes has got a point with the background...but i know that my teacher told us that jpegs are better for complex design and better looking graphics, ofcourse they take up more memory and time, and gifs are more for text or simple graphics...that shit you got going is not really that simple, and i did notice to that both tess and gnes are jpegs and yours is a gif...just a thought....r

yah, after i posted mine i went and checked and theirs were jpgs. i was trying to pull it off with no background. i'll repost it when i get home, the original photoshop file isnt on this computer. looking good tess and gnes!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Beardo, i fixed the link.But i am not sure that JPEG OR GIF really matters in this particular ones.

If you want tell me how you did it and you'll receive a pack of info.

(Exporting thin lines was my nightmare for some time)

i think a little light just went off. .

i did it in ill9 and opened it up in photo6 go save it as a gif..

doesnt ill9 have the ability to save as gif now? maybe that would help. once again though, i dont have ill9 on this computer to try it out.

to be continued.

Guest imported_Tesseract

The truth is that i dont know shit about how Illustrator works.I use corel for that kind of things.Also i only use GIFs for little animations.So there's not much i can say about that.

I see whats wrong with your GIFs but i dont know what needs to be done from Ill in order to solve the problem.

I will however post some general info that might help.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Abracatabra

I tried some stuff on Illustrator and i am pretty sure that its a resolution problem you are facing.

Use the export command instead of "save" and export the image as a TIFF,on the options window that will appear check "resolution-300" and "antialiasing".

Open Lifestyles.TIFF on photoshop and do whatever you like(draw,fill,stroke etc).I suggest you to use the "magic eraser" tool to cut out the background.This way you will avoid those litlle white dots that appear next to your outlines;)

Create a new layer and send it behind the original one.

Fill the new layer with a color(to fake transparency, fill with the 40%black 120z backround color)

Flatten image

Go to image size check "constrain proportion" and "resample image"

and change resolution from 300 to 72.

Save as JPEG (not below 8).

Post the result:)

Archived