Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

my recipe...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jah, Nov 23, 2002.

1. jah

jah Elite Member

for our final exams in my class i have to come up with my own recipes for my menu (based on the ingredients available to us). we have to use a rack of lamb, do fish quenelles with yabbies for garnish, and a lemon-based cream with a tulip bisque. so basically im deciding how i want to prepare my lamb, what i want to garnish my lamb with, what sauce i want to go with my lamb, what sauces i want to use for my quenelles and yabbies, what kind of lemon cream i want to make, what kind of tulip bisque i want to make, and what i want to garnish it with. heres what i came up with:

rack of lamb with glazed spring onions and turned mushrooms, eggplant, and spinach in a tomato sauce:

rack of lamb 1x7 rib
    golden shallots 80g
    garlic 3 cloves
    tomato paste
    carrot 60g
    onion 60g
    concassee of tomato 400g
    parsley stalks 5
    thyme 5 sprigs
    bay leaf 2
    white pepper corns 6
    rosemary 1 sprig
    merlot 200 ml
    veal stock 200 ml
    lemon juice 30 ml
    salt to taste
    pepper to taste
    cayenne to taste
    butter 20g
    flour 20g
    baby onions 5
    swiss brown mushrooms
    english/baby spinach
    butter 60g
    eggplant 1
    red wine 75 ml
    balsamic vinegar 25ml
    lemon juice 15ml
    chopped flathead parsley 2g
    parsley leaf 1

1. concassee tomatoes (decore, put an ex on the bottom with paring knife. blanch shortly. refresh. deseed. finely chop).

2. roughly chop onion, carrots, garlic

3. finely chip golden shallots. peel baby onions. turn mushrooms.

4.debone loin. trim. marinate in seasoned olive oil. cover. refrigerate.

5. chop bones. saute in medium-large pot in olive oil until browned

6. add shallots and garlic and cook until transparent and soft.

7. stir in tomatoe paste. add mirepoix (onion and carrot). cook until slightly softened

8. add bouquet garni (parsley stalks, thyme, rosemary, peppercorns, bay leaf)

9. add wine. reduce to 3/4

10. add stock, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a pinch of cayenne. simmer slowly for 45-60 min.

11. add 40 ml lemon juice, 20g butter, 15 g sugar, and baby onions to small pot. cover with water and bring to boil. reduce until onions are cooked through and glazed.

12. boil mushrooms au blanc with lemon juice and butter. season. (about 4-5 minutes)

13. slice eggplant into 1cm thick circles. sprinkle with lemon juice. season. saute in olive oil 3 minutes on each side.

14. add red wine and balsamic vinegar and reduce. finish in oven at 100 deg C for about 7-10 min (check periodically). season to tastes.

15. cook spinach in butter in a pan until wilted and buttery. season. drain and squeeze the excess fat out without squashing. set aside and keep warm.

16. slice lamb into noisettes and saute in olive oil on high heat for about 20 seconds on each side.

17. strain off sauce through a fine seive. make a roux and monte au beurre. taste. adjust seasoning.

present on a hot plate with the spinach formed into a 5 inch in diameter circle in center of plate. lay a slice of eggplant on top and stack about 5 or 6 noisettes of lamb on top. arrange onions and mushrooms around lamb and pour desired amount of sauce around the plate. garnish with chopped parsley and a parsley leaf on top of the lamb. enjoy....

ill put the other recipes on later. i have to go do laundry right now....

peace

2. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

sssuper!!! can i have some......purty please.

3. dahighlifdhl

dahighlifdhl Senior Member

DAMN
    I JUST REALIZED IM HUNGRY

4. faggotassguy

faggotassguy Member

cooking school in the house

5. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

6. That sounds ridiculously good. Way too good for me to appreciate fully.

While we're at it, I'd like some help on the following terms:

quenelles
    yabbies
    shondells
    concasse
    bisque
    (I know what this is in ceramics, but not in food)

Thanks in advance. Cooking is badass, I really should learn it more seriously. Good luck on your finals. Beer,

El Mamerro

7. jah

jah Elite Member

thanks dude. quenelles are little fish moussolines shaped kinda like eggs. a tomato concassee is chopped tomato thats been decored, deseeded, and skinned. yabbies are freshwater crayfish. i dont know what shondelles are. i dont think i put that. and i meant bisquit or something....

8. wrkr

wrkr Member

home-ec repezentin.

9. sneak

sneak Guest

any chance of u cooking it for me jah?

10. dignan

dignan Senior Member

you should cruise epicurious.com if you like recipes................just a sugestion :stretch:

11. Sora

Sora New Jack

loose the eggplant and your straight!

12. Bahaha, where the hell did I get shondells? I meant shallots. Oh, and what are noisettes? Thanks for the knowledge. Beer,

El Mamerro

13. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

eggplant rocks..

14. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

this is all you really need to know anyway, right?

15. spec

spec Guest

me too... and there's no food, what the fuck