my recipe...

jah

for our final exams in my class i have to come up with my own recipes for my menu (based on the ingredients available to us). we have to use a rack of lamb, do fish quenelles with yabbies for garnish, and a lemon-based cream with a tulip bisque. so basically im deciding how i want to prepare my lamb, what i want to garnish my lamb with, what sauce i want to go with my lamb, what sauces i want to use for my quenelles and yabbies, what kind of lemon cream i want to make, what kind of tulip bisque i want to make, and what i want to garnish it with. heres what i came up with:

rack of lamb with glazed spring onions and turned mushrooms, eggplant, and spinach in a tomato sauce:

rack of lamb 1x7 rib

golden shallots 80g

garlic 3 cloves

tomato paste

carrot 60g

onion 60g

concassee of tomato 400g

parsley stalks 5

thyme 5 sprigs

bay leaf 2

white pepper corns 6

rosemary 1 sprig

merlot 200 ml

veal stock 200 ml

lemon juice 30 ml

salt to taste

pepper to taste

cayenne to taste

butter 20g

flour 20g

baby onions 5

swiss brown mushrooms

english/baby spinach

butter 60g

eggplant 1

red wine 75 ml

balsamic vinegar 25ml

lemon juice 15ml

chopped flathead parsley 2g

parsley leaf 1

1. concassee tomatoes (decore, put an ex on the bottom with paring knife. blanch shortly. refresh. deseed. finely chop).

2. roughly chop onion, carrots, garlic

3. finely chip golden shallots. peel baby onions. turn mushrooms.

4.debone loin. trim. marinate in seasoned olive oil. cover. refrigerate.

5. chop bones. saute in medium-large pot in olive oil until browned

6. add shallots and garlic and cook until transparent and soft.

7. stir in tomatoe paste. add mirepoix (onion and carrot). cook until slightly softened

8. add bouquet garni (parsley stalks, thyme, rosemary, peppercorns, bay leaf)

9. add wine. reduce to 3/4

10. add stock, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a pinch of cayenne. simmer slowly for 45-60 min.

11. add 40 ml lemon juice, 20g butter, 15 g sugar, and baby onions to small pot. cover with water and bring to boil. reduce until onions are cooked through and glazed.

12. boil mushrooms au blanc with lemon juice and butter. season. (about 4-5 minutes)

13. slice eggplant into 1cm thick circles. sprinkle with lemon juice. season. saute in olive oil 3 minutes on each side.

14. add red wine and balsamic vinegar and reduce. finish in oven at 100 deg C for about 7-10 min (check periodically). season to tastes.

15. cook spinach in butter in a pan until wilted and buttery. season. drain and squeeze the excess fat out without squashing. set aside and keep warm.

16. slice lamb into noisettes and saute in olive oil on high heat for about 20 seconds on each side.

17. strain off sauce through a fine seive. make a roux and monte au beurre. taste. adjust seasoning.

present on a hot plate with the spinach formed into a 5 inch in diameter circle in center of plate. lay a slice of eggplant on top and stack about 5 or 6 noisettes of lamb on top. arrange onions and mushrooms around lamb and pour desired amount of sauce around the plate. garnish with chopped parsley and a parsley leaf on top of the lamb. enjoy....

ill put the other recipes on later. i have to go do laundry right now....

peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

That sounds ridiculously good. Way too good for me to appreciate fully.

While we're at it, I'd like some help on the following terms:

quenelles

yabbies

shondells

concasse

bisque (I know what this is in ceramics, but not in food)

Thanks in advance. Cooking is badass, I really should learn it more seriously. Good luck on your finals. Beer,

El Mamerro

thanks dude. quenelles are little fish moussolines shaped kinda like eggs. a tomato concassee is chopped tomato thats been decored, deseeded, and skinned. yabbies are freshwater crayfish. i dont know what shondelles are. i dont think i put that. and i meant bisquit or something....

Bahaha, where the hell did I get shondells? I meant shallots. Oh, and what are noisettes? Thanks for the knowledge. Beer,

El Mamerro

heres my dessert:

lemon-passionfruit-cinnemon cream in a tulip basket with fresh fruit and a raspberry-passionfruit coulis:

TULIP BASKET:

bakers flour 100g

egg whites 100g

icing sugar 100g

lemon zest 1/2 lemon

cinnemon pinch

salt pinch

preheat oven to 200 deg C

1. sift flour and salt into bowl. mix in all other ingerdients until smoothe.

2. cover. refrigerate. rest 30 min.

3. make molds out of thin cardboard (1mm) and cut into circles.

4. butter a baking tray. spread batter over the mold until a flat circle is formed. remove mold.

5. bake in oven for approx 4 minutes or until golden brown and firm. keep an eye on them because it doesnt take long.

6. remove from oven and bend into a basket shape while warm and flexible and allow to cool.

LEMON-PASSIONFRUIT CREAM:

eggs 3

sugar 100g

lemon juice 65ml

passionfruit juice 35ml

cinnemon couple pinches

unsalted butter 50g

1. mix eggs, sugar, lemon juice, passionfruit juice, and cinnemon in a stainless steel or glass bowl. cook au bain marie and whisk until thick (like custard). taste to ensure the eggy taste is gone. (approx 7-10 min)

2. while hot, stir in butter (softened and chopped into cubes) quickley.

3. transfer into a cold container and put on ice. cover and refrigerate (keep on ice).

RASPBERRY-PASSIONFRUIT COULIS:

raspberries 100g

passionfruit 50g

lemon juice 30ml

icing sugar 30g

1. blend in blender and pass through a fine strainer.

or

1. mix into sauce pan. bring to boil and redice slightly. strain. allow to cool.

FRESH FRUIT GARNISH:

raspberries 40g

strawberries 50g

kiwi 50g

orange segments 30g

sugar 15g

lemon juice 15ml

mint 2 sprigs

cream 100ml

sugar 20g

1. wash fruit

2. take stems off strawberries. slice.

3. peel orange and remove segments

4. peel kiwi and cut into slices

5. add raspberries, strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar to saucepan. warm through and allow to cool.

6. mix cream and sugar and whip cream until firm.

7. make chiffonade of mint

present by filling tulip basket with the egg custard (cream). top with a little whip cream and arranged fresh raspberries. garnish with chiffonade of mint. arrange fruit garnish around the outside of the basket on the plate. top with some whip cream. pour coulis around fruit and basket. dust with icing sugar.

shallots are like little onions but theyre segmented like cloves are garlic. noisettes are the cuts of meat. theyre round, thin slices of the loin.

and whoever said lose the eggplant i bet youd like it with this dish....

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Bahaha, where the hell did I get shondells? I meant shallots. Oh, and what are noisettes? Thanks for the knowledge. Beer,

El Mamerro

shallots are basically gourmet onions..

small, flavorful, milder than onions..not pungent

they are common ingredients in european food bases (for sauces, soups etc)

really delicious, use them in place of onions anywhere..

good in bearnaise sauce (hollandaise for meat)

noisette is just a cut of the lamb...i'm guessing super-thin slices??

Senk u for teh edumacation.

I shall now go make myself microwaveable Chicken Gordon Bleus. Well, at least they got a fancy name. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived