my rant for the day

slave_one

i'm at work right now and i'm surrounded by guys who shoot the shit about sports whenever it's breaktime, and then come around lunchtime...it's all about playing halo, and then after the game, they have to talk about it...this is everyday...and then the girls at my work - i just can't relate to them.

this shit drives me nuts. it sucks even more when my ipod isn't charged. i hate sports!

come on ladies (or guys), back me up on this.

your rant for the day...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Excellent graphics, fluid controls/gameplay. No doubt that if that’s all they do, they are geeks, but hey, geeks can be cool. It’s the nerds that aren’t.

Have you seen that commercial for NHL Centre Ice? It’s a set of channels that plays every nhl game on tv for the season. In the commercial, this dude is in the office kitchen, and the boss comes in. He fails to start a conversation with him. Then a co-worker comes into the picture and starts talking to the boss about the game last night. The boss starts having a good conversation with the co-worker and the original dude gets all pissed.

i'm okay with sports, especially college and pro bball..

but i don't even know what "halo" is..

luckily i have some really cool coworkers.

all of them are foreign (greece, new zealand, uruguay, and germany) except one american girl besides myself.

our conversations are usually pretty fucking interesting...and all over the place in terms of opinions, info and ideas.

my old job, sheesh, it was almost entirely women.

being a delinquent graf writer, i couldn't relate to those bitches at all.

and my jobs previous to that? most were behind the line in the kitchens of my ghetto ass city.

i fit in ok with the ex-cons.

Originally posted by Pinup

it's hilarious that slave came here to bitch about her co workers talking about halo all the time.....and now this thread has been hi-jacked by a discussion about..... halo 2 ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ssssshhhit...i was thinking the same exact thing! oh well

eventually i will join the masses and play halo. right now, i prefer good ol' Dig Dug!

I went to the Chinese mall yesterday looking for the seven seasons of Robotech on dvd (burnt). I couldn’t find it, so I’m gonna have to look even harder. I saw it at an EB Games, but it was going for like 650 dollars Canadian. I think I mentioned it on here last year. I still haven’t run that smash and grab mission.

my rant for today: i'm not at home. :(

i have no complaints about my co workers.

1. gay guy who gave me sedatives and pain killers. so flamboyant. owns the office dog named frayja. i can call him shaniqua.

2. the girl that works with me on the main floor, cool as hell. we quote old school all the time and she's funny as hell to. sarcastic like me. and always calls people "bitches." i dont get a long with girls much but if you are sarcastic and somewhat of a bitch, then you are more than okay with me.

3. cute guy who is married to this hot filipino girl. he gives me free stuff and he's nice.

4. old guy that we call "uncle jim". likes the fact that i can almost out drink him.

5. old guy that loves my fiance.

6. boss is cool. gave us two weeks off for christmas.

Slave, I brought it up because you mentioned it in the cartoon women thread.

Captain Fokker dying was a tough pill to swallow when I was five years old. I read all the books when I was 12 or so, and they were actually pretty good. 23 in the series, I think. The only thing I have now is Macross Plus that I taped off tv. That’s the one with the singing computer that goes all psycho at the end. I really want to get these dvds. I didn’t even realize there were seven seasons to the English version.

hey the people at your work seem really cool dev! we have a gay guy here too, but he's not flamboyant. but God knows what he's looking at on the internet...

i'm just glad to be working here. my other job sucked.

weapon x: yeah those DVD's are hard to come by. i gotta get macross plus. sharon apple = computer love

Originally posted by E MARTYR

fuck baseball. its all about football and basketball.

baseball never ends it seems. i swore there was like 4 world series this past year... everytime i turn around a fucking baseball games on.

boooooooooooooooo!

aw baseball's dope!! summer time, night games, garlic french fries, yelling at the umpire, the sun, expensive beer (but beers never expensive to me...its beer!), hot dogs.......

i cant wait.

football is okay. i get the game and i like watching it, but it doesnt really appeal to me. basketball died when i moved out here. and that was in 97 after the bulls won everything.

Originally posted by slave_one

hey the people at your work seem really cool dev! we have a gay guy here too, but he's not flamboyant. but God knows what he's looking at on the internet...

i'm just glad to be working here. my other job sucked.

are you still at the one that you have to commute to for hours and hours?

or did you get another job?

I have 4 female bosses. Talk about too much estrogen. I'm a completely different person at work. I'm sweet, nice, and really polite. My boss couldn't even believe that I drink magaritas (which is nothing compared to all the beer I drink and all the weed I smoke before I go to work).

One day we had a meeting with the Loss Prevention gang, and they explained to us about burgulary tools, professional shoplifters, and all that. My co-workers were impressed with their meeting. You'd hear a bunch of "oooh" and "aaaah" acting like a bunch of heroes, and I just wanted to roll my eyes. But, they are nice people with good intentions, so I smiled at them, and pretended I have never heard of any of that stealing stuff.

And the award for "Best Female Actress at a Work Place" goes to........ Fuck Ya'll. Yay!

my rant.

Originally posted by slave_one

it's like asking me why do i do graffiti - you can't explain why - you just do it bcuz you enjoy it

this yuppie guy asked me a little while ago "i dont think the bus company asked you to put that there, how would you like it if people put things in places you look at everyday and you didnt ask them"

and i was like did i ask for that giant billboard to be there? did i ask for them to clear out the park over there and build those building?

he didnt have a responce to that so he was all like pssssssssht and rolled his eyes.

brainwashed morons.