my problem

Guest professor poopatronic

this is going to sound really syupid and all you straight edge guys are going to burn me at the stake, but i have this dilemma. i'll just spit it out. i can't write unless i'm drunk and i hate drinking by myself (actually i don't really even like drinking that much in general). it fucking sucks. i just tried to jot some shit down and when i was done it was the stupidest crap ever (well all my stuff is stupid but this was just shitty and boring). and that's better than i usually do. normally i just end up staring at the keys and getting really pissed off. can somebody come drink with me? any suggestions on what to do are highly appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no you missed my whole point, if i was drunk i'd be writing. i tried to get drunk by myself last night but it just doesn't work?

Originally posted by High Priest

I dont understand why Alcohol is so populer.. i understand its cheap and legal but theres just so many better substances out there. Ever try writin on E or 2cb .. or anything else aside from alcohol?

word dude...whats the big deal with alcohol....you puke, it makes you smell like shit, it feels heavy on the stomach, it doesnt taste good (to me)....WEED IS BETTER!!!

well i'm one of those straight edge guys, but i'm not gonna give ya shit.

i'm assuming you mean write as in literature of some form (not tagging). i'm a writer as well. like everything good stuff comes w/ time and practice. a practice my brother taught me is just writing, whenever, w/o inspiration w/o regard for how 'good' it sounds. you put down shit 75% of the time. but w/ time that decreases. your mind learns what is good, and how to form that quicker. it works out with time.

i've been in your spot. i used to smoke to get god writings. now i'm sXe, seriously though, time and practice is where you get good.

i need to start writing more. no job and living on my own in boulder. i'm sure i can find time to write more...

Originally posted by REGULATOR

word dude...whats the big deal with alcohol....you puke, it makes you smell like shit, it feels heavy on the stomach, it doesnt taste good (to me)....WEED IS BETTER!!!

If you can get the same effects from weed that you can from alcohol, then there's something wrong with you....

Originally posted by REGULATOR

i agree wholeheartedly. like i said, i really don't even like drinking that much but for some stupid reason i can write effortlessly for hours when i'm smashed. it really annoys me.

and skydancer666, thanks for the encouragement. i end up throwing away or deleting the majority of the crap i write down anyways, and the stuff i do keep i should probably also throw in the trash. but it's not that the stuff i write sober isn't good, most of the time i seriously can't come up with a single word to write. that's part of the reason i post on here- not that anything i say on this board is of any value whatsoever, but if i get to typing about something it sometimes gives me an idea and then i cut to the notepad.

Bukowski was a drunk. Poe smoked opium and was an alcoholic. Churchill was a drunk. Burroughs was a dope addict. Hunter S. Thompson....well...he did a shit load of drugs. We all have our vices. When you get stuck just try some stream of conciouse writing or something. You never know, when you go back there might be 1 or 2 gems in a pile of shit.

matthewthirteen.

Guest Canadiano

what the fuck is wrong with drinking with yourself? nothing, I say. it doesn't mean you're a lonely soul. It doesn't mean you're crying out for attention, nor does it mean you are suicidal. It just means (for me) that I'm drinking by myself. Who doesn't like to have a few beers after school/work and drink a six pack watching the baseball game or something? it's not so bad, guys. and if it gets your writing flowing, then why the hell not? Although it's not recommended to use a substance as a crutch when it comes to art or whatever. I have that with graff. I only street bomb when I drink, and I only piece when I'm high.

Originally posted by Canadiano

what the fuck is wrong with drinking with yourself? nothing, I say. it doesn't mean you're a lonely soul. It doesn't mean you're crying out for attention, nor does it mean you are suicidal. It just means (for me) that I'm drinking by myself. Who doesn't like to have a few beers after school/work and drink a six pack watching the baseball game or something? it's not so bad, guys. and if it gets your writing flowing, then why the hell not? Although it's not recommended to use a substance as a crutch when it comes to art or whatever. I have that with graff. I only street bomb when I drink, and I only piece when I'm high.

Amen brother......

Guest amorphic
Originally posted by professor poopatronic

no you missed my whole point, if i was drunk i'd be writing. i tried to get drunk by myself last night but it just doesn't work?

dude you shoulda called me and i'd of brought over the giant McCormick's eco-drunk liter. :D

Archived