Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

my problem

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by professor poopatronic, Jun 29, 2002.

1. this is going to sound really syupid and all you straight edge guys are going to burn me at the stake, but i have this dilemma. i'll just spit it out. i can't write unless i'm drunk and i hate drinking by myself (actually i don't really even like drinking that much in general). it fucking sucks. i just tried to jot some shit down and when i was done it was the stupidest crap ever (well all my stuff is stupid but this was just shitty and boring). and that's better than i usually do. normally i just end up staring at the keys and getting really pissed off. can somebody come drink with me? any suggestions on what to do are highly appreciated.

2. space

space Member

are you drunk?

3. no you missed my whole point, if i was drunk i'd be writing. i tried to get drunk by myself last night but it just doesn't work?

4. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

I dont understand why Alcohol is so populer.. i understand its cheap and legal but theres just so many better substances out there. Ever try writin on E or 2cb .. or anything else aside from alcohol?

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Write like graffiti or write stories??

6. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

word dude...whats the big deal with alcohol....you puke, it makes you smell like shit, it feels heavy on the stomach, it doesnt taste good (to me)....WEED IS BETTER!!!

7. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

well i'm one of those straight edge guys, but i'm not gonna give ya shit.

i'm assuming you mean write as in literature of some form (not tagging). i'm a writer as well. like everything good stuff comes w/ time and practice. a practice my brother taught me is just writing, whenever, w/o inspiration w/o regard for how 'good' it sounds. you put down shit 75% of the time. but w/ time that decreases. your mind learns what is good, and how to form that quicker. it works out with time.

i've been in your spot. i used to smoke to get god writings. now i'm sXe, seriously though, time and practice is where you get good.

i need to start writing more. no job and living on my own in boulder. i'm sure i can find time to write more...

8. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

If you can get the same effects from weed that you can from alcohol, then there's something wrong with you....

9. i agree wholeheartedly. like i said, i really don't even like drinking that much but for some stupid reason i can write effortlessly for hours when i'm smashed. it really annoys me.

and skydancer666, thanks for the encouragement. i end up throwing away or deleting the majority of the crap i write down anyways, and the stuff i do keep i should probably also throw in the trash. but it's not that the stuff i write sober isn't good, most of the time i seriously can't come up with a single word to write. that's part of the reason i post on here- not that anything i say on this board is of any value whatsoever, but if i get to typing about something it sometimes gives me an idea and then i cut to the notepad.

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

agreed.

11. When

When 12oz Loyalist

just be a lonely soul
    and drink by yourself

ive done it many times
    but yea just look to other things for inspiration
    drugs arent the answer to everything

12. SHELLTOES

SHELLTOES Member

i used to feel bad about drinking alone but ive done it so many times now that it doesnt phase me anymore.

13. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

they arent??

FUCK. come on guys, you need to keep me informed on these things...
    i hate being the last one to know.
    :lol:

14. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

listen to some good music for some inspiration

15. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Straight out the dr's mouth kid!!