My philosophy on race

KillWhitey

Race does not really exist I say. I think its not really there, that our races arent really black or caucasian. There is no biological differences for real, just appearance, but under the appearance I dont think we are different at all. The problem is that philosophers and anthropologists from centuries and even jsut decades ago kept writing down how the whites are smarter than blacks and blacks are meant to be laborers only(slaves) and how latinos are savages and arabs are exotic and all that type of shit.

feel me?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by KillWhitey

Latinos, well yeah, they are savages of course, especially the dominicans

They tought me that the Dominicans were the pure race, the race of history and of warriors. In biology they explained that other races attempt to mimick the skin tone of Dominicans to advance themselves like wolves in womans clothing but that only a true Dominican will bring to us paradise...hence latinos

Different races will never get along truley. There are differences that will always set us apart.

Look at black people. They still live in ghettos and in their own little areas and whatnot. They have been living in america for ages.

Its not that every one hates every one else, its just that we will never mix.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by crackatinnie

Look at black people. They still live in ghettos and in their own little areas and whatnot. They have been living in america for ages.

crackatinnie

Um what about sunburns? You rarely see a black person complaining of a sunburn while it's pretty common to see a white person with a sunburn. Eh and I forget the name of the disease, but last year in biology, I heard that some African people have a gene that makes the person immune to the disease. Sorry I can't think of it.... :o

Of course there are some biological differences because black, white, asian, and hispanic people come from and have evolved from different areas of the world. Because they have evolved from different places, different races have adapted better to certain things. If there were no biological differences then we would all be the same. And we're not the same so it's obvious there are biological differences. Not many major differences because we're all the same species, but still differences nonetheless.

Originally posted by KING BLING

crackatinnie

If I came up with an example from my country would you have agreed with me?

Originally posted by crackatinnie

If I came up with an example from my country would you have agreed with me?

It doesn't really matter because the topic of this thread is whether or not races are biologically different and the example you gave was a cultural difference.

Race is not so much as invented, as it is observed. It's obvious that a dalmation and a pit bull are different species because of their major differences in shape, size and build. But imagine that by some genetic mutation a pure breed dalmation is born completely white while a neighboring male and female dalmation have puppies with black-spotted white fur. Now say that the white dalmation breeds later on in its life with another pure dalmation, and it's color coding gene is dominant so its offspring are entirely white. Now even though these dogs do not have the same color as the neighboring dogs, they are in the same species because they both are pure bred, but one pair have undergone a genetic mutation, thus creating a new race.

In short, I believe that "race" is just a word that is used when a species is splitting into multiple species, but has not actually been classified as multiple species.

Guest sneak

Race does not really exist I say. B]

im loving the fact that this came from "KillWhitey"!

im not saying anything towards you man, i like your ideas. i just found it funny.

yes I feel you. are you in the US? was that a public school? did they stop teaching about race in biology for those reasons for real? thats cool

not in the US, in AUS. yeah it was a public school. yes i am for real. and yes i agree it is cool. after learning a lot about it, i for one believe race was invented by philosphers and i disagree with the use of the term. me no rikey.

although there are biological differences among us, i would agree there is no set notion of race.

our biological differences developed as adaptations to our environments. White people have longer noses to warm more of the air around them when they breath in cold air, black people have curly hair to protect their scalp from the harsh rays of the sun, many inuit are short and round to conserve heat.

all environmental adaptations.

These traits are not clear cut, however. Some aborigines in Austrailia have blond hair. Some indian people are darker than africans. Characteristics that people may assume belong to a race smear onto other people. thus race does not really exist.

when people are racist its usually because of the inability to be culturally aware. Their narrow mindedness and ethnocentrism keeps them from seeing the world from different points of view.

Originally posted by azert

Eh and I forget the name of the disease, but last year in biology, I heard that some African people have a gene that makes the person immune to the disease. Sorry I can't think of it.... :o

Umm, Cickle cell(sp?)... I don't think it makes them immune to anything, they die from it... A few of my cousins have it..

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the oldest known body remains black? Meaning everyone decended from Africa, or the region that's now called Africa..

Fuck racism, it starts with you hating yourself.. Honestly, life is too short for me to worry about such infantile ideals..

CinchedWaist is on point

Race does not really exist I say. I think its not really there, that our races arent really black or caucasian. There is no biological differences for real, just appearance, but under the appearance I dont think we are different at all. The problem is that philosophers and anthropologists from centuries and even jsut decades ago kept writing down how the whites are smarter than blacks and blacks are meant to be laborers only(slaves) and how latinos are savages and arabs are exotic and all that type of shit.

feel me?

I blame media and also rich, boursegeouis white political figures for the division of whites=smart, miniorities=low class.

Look:

(pop culture wise) JayZ, Ludacris, Chingy, all those other not so talented "hiphop" "artists"... the way they dress, act, slap chicks.. children grow up watching that shit, thinking they can only be tough if they live/grow up in the ghetto, etc.

Also, Media like the news reflects on miniority biased articles. Look in the newspaper. "Black Male, Hispanic Male, so on" its so hard to find anything about "White Male, etc.."

Hopefully for todays younger generations in urban areas/near urban areas are over the whole racial thing, because it will take a lot to dig everyone out of the hole that political figures/media has dug for us.

This is a public service announcement from the white girl.

Thank you and have a good day.

:lick: :dazed: :D

Originally posted by TPSR?

Umm, Cickle cell(sp?)... I don't think it makes them immune to anything, they die from it... A few of my cousins have it..

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the oldest known body remains black? Meaning everyone decended from Africa, or the region that's now called Africa..

azert is right.

sickle cell developed as an immunity to malaria.

If a person gets all the sickle cell genes, it will eventually kill them.

however, if they get partial sickle cell from their parents, not all of their blood cells will be this way and they can survive. Malaria cannot live in the sickle cells and thus these people have better immunity. Those who have no sickle cell would die soon after contracting malaria. So semi-sickle cell does actually work in favor of people in that area (africa and the middle east).

the oldest human remains have been found in africa.

this doesn't necessarily mean they *looked* black, though.

What do you consider Italians? I've talked to people[Latino in this case] who didn't consider them white, cause their culture was close to those of the Latinos. And I've talked to people who think their as white as any Irishman. What you fink, KillWhitey?

*Arabs are sooo exotic!

nah yall are getting way off track.

Im saying: THERE ARE NO RACES

thats what Im trying to figure out, if its true or not, and why. Like, are races a fucked up illusion? Marx said there are no races, WEB DuBois said races are like a ruler in the water, it appears to be bent but you know its not bent, its just ducked up perception. Immanuel Kant said that if a person is black then he's stupid. get where Im going?

Archived