My parents and graffiti...

peace

just wondering if anyone has some advice for my situation........

I'm new to writing but i really love to write, and i'd really like to stick with it... but theres one serious problem...

My parents =/

My parents go mental at the thought of me being a writer, and its really such bullshit, its unbelievable. I started sketching about a month ago, and as soon as my parents caught me with a sketchbook full of graff, ive been grounded.

If anyone has any suggestions to get me the fuck out of this situation without giving up writing, i could use them......................

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

umm f ur parents lol my mom developed pics of mine on a wall and she was like dont u write this on paper and im la na moms

so just tell them u dont do it on walls just on paper bc u enjoy it or something dont hide it bc u might get in more trouble

Unless you really work hard at it trying to hide the fact you have an interest with paint they will always find out. And hiding an aspect like that generally aint easy because it's not something you do spontaneously usually ( you work on it on paper ) and you have to have specific material ( paint which is not invisible). So there's a significant trail.

So either try and be super secretive about it but trust me while living at home that's impossible. You now how moms are they love going through your room to 'clean' up when they're just really searching for anything bad you may be doing. Or be upfront with them about it.

Word of advice:

be honest with them about it. But don't overtalk about it and it's just best to avoid the subject on a day to day basis unless your parents are mega cool.

Tell them you like the letters and that you're interested in art and all that fun stuff but that you would never do anything illegal you consider that to be very very very bad yada yada yadaaa.

You gotta sell them unto it and then make them forget about it!

But hey it's your parents you know them better than us and you now how you usually get stuff out of them when they don't really want to.

Here's where you go....

Coffee Shops

Library

Fuck your education...practice during class

The field behind the auto shop class

The foodcourt at the mall.

As for your supplies....

Keep at your gf/bf house

Dig a hole and bury them in a field. Retrieve as needed

Hide up your ass like the gold watch in Pulp Fiction

I mean, seriously dude, whenever I didn't want my parents finding out about shit like this I wouldn't tell them and i'd practice OUTSIDE the house.

Was a thread really neccessary to ask us how to keep things secret from your parents? Man, half the energy of being a writer is remaining unseen while getting up and if you're having issues with your parents, what makes you think the cops, heros and johnny buisness owner are going to be any different?

My advice....do not start.

dont stress it so much.. i been writing for over a year(paper) and finaly getting up since jan this year... and i've gona painting just about every fri/sat ... i have to hid tons of paint (about 40 cans)... its stressfull... keep your shit out of the house... you'll be good.

im 18 and still kickin it at the homestead.

ive always been an art kid, so when my mom saw me writing letters on paper, it wasnt a big deal or nothin.

my parents think people who write on walls are just gangsters trying to mark up terf or something.

its funny when im in the car with mom or pops and we drive past something painted and im all drooling and rubbernecking.

basically, parents are stupid.

and if you cant outsmart them, like LENS said, i wouldnt start at all. your dirty little habit will only cause trouble down the road.

Hell no dude just tell them straight up this is what you love and you aren't going to quit then just do it and do quality shit and let them know that you can burn other people, I'm always pointing out graff and telling my parents what it says and shit they can read alot of the graff I show them just try and get them to understand what graff is all about its an art form. its kinda funny my mom likes freights she says that it shoud be okay to paint them as long as they aren't doing stuff that offends people........ just don't piss them off if you are old enough for them to kick you out cause that would suck for you

Yeah young brotha you sound really young, theres really no advice we can give you about your parents... Deal with them until your 18, I mean, what can they do besides ground you? You just sneak out when they ground you again and again... Once you turn 18 they cant legally do anythin..

But like my man said up top best advice is not to start... Good luck young sir..