my new perspective on life...

THANKYOU

so, living on my own (with a roomate i mean) is pretty damn dope. definately feel a lot more confident about myself and it was long overdue. only thing so far that i have a problem with my roomie i think is paying bills on time, he's been waiting til like the last day to get shit in, and says ill learn to be like that to and not to worry so much, but thats not my personality, i like to get that type of serious shit taken care of and off my mind ya know? other than that, no problems so far.

some other aspects in my life though that im not so concerned about but kind of bug me would me work, girls, and getting ahead financially, and getting a new car.

to start off with work, i love the atmosphere i work in, its great, great coworkers etc, but the job is repetitive and pretty damn boring. but really bothers me the most are working tons of overtime, not feeling like im getting compensated enough for my time, the lack of time to think and just do what i want to do, etc, is driving me nuts. that and all these new policies we have that we can get fired from. its getting to be to overwhelming / stressful keeping track of all that shit.

-i seriously feel like id rather work a dead end brain dead job and barely make enough money to buy gas for my car, food for my belly, pay rent, and get drunk on liquor and that would be the life. the corporate world sucks.

and even knowing i said that shit above makes me want to kill myself, because i know its not reality, or not the way i want to live rather. i appreciate making my own money and being my own man, i just want to do it in a job i like going to, or enjoy waking up for, as opposed to wishing id get hit by a bus or the damn place would catch on fire. sigh.

the girl thing, ive actually had some pretty good luck being out on my own now, much easier to get laid, just bring them back to the casa and its a wrap. however, i am talking to a neighbor now, and she's pretty hot, short, cute lil native american girl, real chill and what not, but she's one of a few girls im "dating" or talking to so to speak... not that im complaining about the amount of girls, but i kinda want one chill girl and thats it, but each time i get close to having that, i run away from it, i guess i have commitment issues afterall.

as far as getting ahead financially goes, its a never ending upstream battle from what i can see, unless i plan on just sitting at home all day and just going to work, then repeating, its hard to have fun and get your savings up. im doing great though on bills because im paranoid of fucking up, like im trying to stay about a month ahead on bills so i dont slip and shit. need to find a side gig or hustle or some shit, or maybe invest some money. i dont know...

last thing on my mind right now is a new car. only reason im even considering it is because my lil bro is about to be 16, and since my dads job has been shitty last few years, they're not going to have the money to help my brother out like they did me and my sister when we turned 16, and i feel like thats been the story of my lil bro's entire life, getting the short end of the stick ya know? so i want to help him out by selling my current car to him for a lil downpayment on my new car, and then go for mines.

now, about this new car, i could handle the payments and rise in insurance, but it would leave me pretty strapped cash wise after bills, gas money and food money. however, if you knew me, you know i enjoy working for things when i can see the reward, or if its something i feel is a good idea or whatever.. which to me a new car is like an investment in a way, its a must have (for me anyways) granted i dont need to buy a new one, but its just one of those steps in life i want to take to grow up / mature some more, etc... but then again that to me is like a big ass commitment, which scares me to.

plus, at the end of this lease, i think me and my homie are going to look into getting a house together, living in it for awhile, and hopefully either flipping it for profit, or just riding it out, but atleast giving us some assets for the future.

thanks for listening, just got a lot on my mind, and trying to get some older peoples perspectives or input on some of this shit, because i know some of you have been there and done that.

pps- i feel an urge in me that im fixing to lose my job for some reason, one of those bad vibes ya know? if i did lose it, id bounce back and go to some other jobs, so thats all good even if it did happen, but you know. secondly, the other thing that bugs me about buying a new car is, that would definately make me have to grow up, because im not trying to get it, then have it repo'd, and fuck up my credit. so in a way thats a good hard lesson in life for me, and motivation not to fuck up. anyways, im gonna shut up, and wait for some responses, cya around guys.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dont quit your job until you have another one lined up. You may be surprised at how hard it is to find work.

Help your brother out. Get a cheap ass car that gets good gas milage. Ive had cool cars my whole life. GSR integra, Volkswagen Corrado, 5.0 Mustang and did lots of engine work. If i had to do it over i wouldnt bother. All that shit ever did for me was get me in trouble and tickets. Now i got an old ass accord and im happy. Any bitch that wont give you a chance because you have a economical car isnt worth the effort and is probably high maintanance.

Roomates suck. I would rather have my own small place than roomates. Its a bit more expensive.

Dont spend money on these hoes. I dont. I have an old car a small place and a hot girlfriend. These bitches cant even get a drink out of me.

Tease. Shorten that shit up. That was too much reading

Ah, the return of the tease life advice thread. We missed them.

The most glaring thing I saw was this:

at the end of this lease, i think me and my homie are going to look into getting a house together, living in it for awhile, and hopefully either flipping it for profit,

1) I'm not sure how long you've known your roommate, hold off on buying a house with anybody until you've known them for at least 5-6 years and lived with them on a daily basis, I'm serious. Roomates can start getting on your nerves nice and fucking quickly, and it can happen suddenly. You don't want to be locked into a joint loan with a person if this happens.

2) Buying a house gets way more complicated than it seems, quick, and you can't plan on profiting off of it unless you're able to analyze the trends in property prices in your location.

Also, if you're thinking your job is going to hell, start looking now. If you're currently employed, you can almost always find a similar job with somewhat higher pay somewhere else.

ok seriously

listen to biggus on this

don't buy a house with ANYBODY unless you are bangin her every night and she has a ring on her finger that YOU gave her. As for making a profit, you will have to pay a alot into that house before you see any return on a sale, the first few years of owning a house you are mainly paying interest.

As for the roomie waiting till the last minute, put your foot down and let him know where you are coming from, Because, if the bills are in your name, you will be the one affected if the shit is ever late.

Sounds like everyone gave some good advice.

Make connections at your work, start meeting people etc. It cannot hurt.

Buddy of mine went out with a co-worker and his friend and ended up being offered a job by the friend. He now works on various construction sites, playin poker, dickin around and occasionally doing some site overview and gets paid around 35-40 bucks an hour. The kids got a ged.

Shit like this does happen.

Get a bike, not a car, if you can. Cars lead to mass headaches unless you know what your getting into and can maintain them.

Biggus got the rest..

that's a fucking gnarly looking grass hopper....

and don't buy a new car, that's retarded and over priced, start looking on the interweb.

And don't you live in Austin anyway, they have public transit that can get you anywhere you need to go.

As far as the room mate goes, I'd keep an eye on that shit, you don't want to be making up for his excuses with your cash because of some fuck up at the last second.

edit: other than that, piss off Tease.

Re: the house bit, I agree with Biggus. Buying a house with someone you're only friends with could be a bad, bad idea. If he's already late paying his current bills, what makes you think he's going to get the mortgage payment to you on time? If you're only talking about leasing a house, then you can't make a profit on that, since you don't own the deed to the house - the landlord does. No deed = nothing to transfer to Joe Housebuyer.

And have you looked at the price of Austin real estate lately? It's ridiculously high, man, especially inside the city. If you're contemplating buying one on the outskirts of town, you're not likely to pull much of a profit because new neighborhoods are springing up like weeds, so folks are buying new rather than used.

Plus real estate investment usually requires a decent nest egg to fall back on if the investment falls through. Judging from your post, it doesn't sound like you're sitting on a lot of savings.

I'd scrap the house investment gig.

why hasnt anyone suggested college? go get your learn on, homie.

and about your roomie, if the bills are in your name, make that fool give you the money early. if ive learned one thing in lifes its not to trust people who are your "friend" when they live with you. motherfuckers will fuck you over, then act like you're the bad guy because "its just money". having poor renters history sucks ass, and will cost you a lot of money in the future.

Not only that^^^^but living with "friends" they feel free to just fucking help themselves to all your food and shit in the fridge.

Its not that I have anything against sharing, I love to do so. But, when you come back from a long day of doing whatever, and all day you've been craving a cold green tea and a sandwich and you get back and half your shit is gone, it gets under your skin.

And then all they say is, "dont worry, I'll get you back next time" But that next one never comes.

And it doesn't help to have giant signs saying "do not eat/drink me" over items you would really like to be saved.

Oh, and it sucks to be living from paycheck to paycheck. Dont be satisfied with some monotonous job, this is where the going to school part comes in. Either that or having some nice connections.

I'm going to have to agree with symbols. Buying a new car, or even a pricey used car, before you're financially secure is one of the dumbest things you can do. I'd suggest trying to get your hands on some sort of Japanese car from the mid-late 90's so you won't have to constantly dump money into that shit for repairs.

As far as getting "established" goes it's like this:

Job

Credit

Property

Equity

Those are the only things that are going to make it any easier to 'get ahead'. Marriage and children are in there, too... but that's later down the line.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle+Sep 30 2005, 02:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Dazzle - Sep 30 2005, 02:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dowmagik@Sep 30 2005, 09:31 AM

why hasnt anyone suggested college? go get your learn on, homie.

He already tried that, and failed miserably. This is Tease we're talking about here......

[/b]

haha... buster.

roomie has been my best friend for over 7 years, we're thick like theives me and him. so the rent thing is cool, its just on a smaller bill or two he sorta slackin, it still aint been late yet, but its just close to deadline time... and theyre not in my name either. so its all good for the most part...

Let me give my advice to you. Build your credit sky high as early as you can. Save money, get a credit card, max it out, and pay it off in one big lump sum with the money you saved. This is how you are going to get that new car. As far as the bitches are concerned, dont shit where you eat. Never, and I mean never, start fucking with a broad from work. Dont even fuck with her friends. That shit will make your work life fucking awkward and suck bad if things go sour. You want to bring as few girls home more than once as possible, it makes things less complex. You start bring home mad broads that come over on a regular basis and next thing you know they get jealous and mad and you are assed out. Meet girls from abroad, and have them come take trips from out of town to see you, then you will have very little to no drama. But always keep one or two around the way you can always call to get some pussy whenever.

PUT EVERYTHING IN YO MAMA NAME TEASE. DONT LISTEN TO THESE NIGGAS BEEEEEEEEEE! PERSONALLY, MY MOMS OWNS A HOUSE AND SHE'S ABOUT TO RETIRE AND MOVE BACK TO THE MOTHERLAND...SO IM JUMPIN INTO THE CRIB AS SOON AS HER FIRST BAG IS PACKED. ALSO, GET A USED CAR B, I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANY NIGGAS SAY, I LIVE IN NYC, AND EVEN HERE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IS A BITCH AND A QUARTER, SO GET YOU A WHIP. FUCK AROUND AND GET SOME LITTLE REGULAR SHIT LIKE AN ACCORD OR SOMETHING, THEN THROW YOUR LITTLE RIMS ON IT IF YOU WANNA STUNT...DONT DROP HEAVY BREAD ON A WHIP, CUZ THAT SHIT DONT WORK OUT FOR YOUR BENEFIT IN THE END. IF YOUR TRYIN TO COME OUT AND CRUSH NIGGAS WITH YOUR SHIT JUST THINK ABOUT HOW IN 5 YEARS YOUR WHIP IS GONNA LOOK CORNY AND NIGGAS WILL BE SHITTING ON YOUR C CLASS WITH A SL56, WHILE YOUR STILL MAKING PAYMENTS ON YOUR SHIT...NAHMEAN? LONG STORY SHORT, STACK YOUR MONEY, DONT TRICK ON THESE HOES B!! ITS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU'LL EVER MAKE!! I DONE SEEN THE RICHEST NIGGAS FALL OFF BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING WITH A BITCH THAT WANTS A NEW 400 DOLLAR HANDBAG EVERY 2 WEEKS. I GIVE A BITCH 20 DOLLARS FOR HER NAILS AND A SLAP ON THE ASS. (AND I TELL HER TO BRING ME BACK 10 DOLLARS AND A PACK OF NEWPORTS). I ALSO SUGGEST HITTING ME WITH TEN G'S I GET EM TENNAKEY SO I CAN HIT YOU BACK WITH 20 IN A WEEK. HOLLA AT YOUR BOY.

-DA KID MERO

Dont try and grow up too quick man. The crib is step one. As for your job situation...Welcome to how the majority of people feel.

As for the car. Dont go buyin a new car and makin your money even thinner. If you want to help out your bro, help him out financially. There is no need for you to dig yourself a bigger hole by going new.

As for buying a house. You generally need to have 20% saved up as a down payment to do it. Otherwise you will be paying mortgage insurance, which is just more money out the window. Even if you dont put down the 20% by the time you pay off the 20% of the house the mortgage insurance doesnt go away. Remember there are no land lords to come fix your shit when it fucks up with owning a home. This can get mad expensive. Make sure you get the shit inspected before you even think about buying.

ummm... thats all i can think of right now. Hit me on aim if you have other questions that pop up.