Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

My new career choice: RADIOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ethreadzny2, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 Veteran Member

so I finished up college in 6 years, got my Bachelors of Arts, now I want nothing to do withmy degree. Now it is time to get certified to become a Radiological Technician. The career center matched me up perfectly for this career. This means I have to go back to classes to get certified. My main question is, does anybody know anybody in this field? and if so are they happy with the job?

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i mean, if you like standing there doing x-rays all day long, then yeah man, rock that shit. my cousin started out doing it, then moved further on in the field. ive just begun working in the world of medicine and have found it real cool so far. alot more rewarding than most bullshit jobs.
    its not that much schooling correct? id say go for it. there are a million and one ways to move on to related jobs from something like that.

3. Ethreadzny2

yeah it is 18 months for the full certification, but I am thinking they may cut some of the bullshit classes out because of my degree. I heard about the opportunity to move up in that field. As long as I hear that people have advanced from there, gives me motivation enough. Just looking for the reassurance, thanks seeking.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i wouldnt base your life around my attempts to sound knowledgeable, but i think any branch of medicine can lead to other opportunities.
    another thing you might look into, is paramedic. its about 18 months also, and theres alot of bitchin shit you can do from there. you spend the majority of your day getting paid to sit around waiting incase something happens, and then once it does, you get to actually accomplish some good. flight medic and shit is even cooler cause you get to ride in helicopters, and i mean... dude, its a helicopeter, fucking sweet!

5. Ethreadzny2

It's more the reassurance, I am at a rut in my decision, and need some push. Being a paramedic does have its benefits, but I am totally against the possiblity of seeing people I know in their worst states. However I know I want to advance with some sort of trade, and the medical field is most likely the direction I am aiming for. but your right, helicopters rule.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

by 2030, almost 20% of the population will be senior citizens...thats alot of sick motherfuckers that need attention.
    of course by then our government will have completely fucking squandered what little social security we have, and those people will have to fix eachother with duct tape and popsicle sticks, but i mean... well, you see where im going with that.

7. Ethreadzny2

Its pathetic how much health care workers are being paid, as far as social workers and technicians. I mean to cut a large portion of communtiy programs is just sad. I hear you, I now people are living longer, all being accompained by certian ailments. So health care will be a very prosperous field. I am heading over to the local hospital early tommorow morning to talk to personal, I am just hoping they can give me all the info I need.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

just make sure they dont send you away without offering you atleat 6 figures! you gotta be firm with those people. they'll ask alot of questions about 'qualifications' and 'background' and irrelivent shit like that, but just play dumb and stick to your guns. you want the job, you want XXX,XXX amount of money, and if they dont feel they can accomidate you, well then you dont think you can accomidate telling the truck load of crips out in the parking lot not to shoot everyone in the hospital.
    they'll come around.

ps. if you cant find a truck load of crips, dont worry, just got a bunch of card board cut outs of james dean and marilyn monroe from a novelty store, put blue bandanas on them, and put a big dog in the back of the truck with them, so when it runs around it kind of shakes things up, giving the illusion of an angry mob ready to rumble.

9. Ethreadzny2

^ha, quality. nothing but wanna be gangsters around here, so I may get by with a cut out of homer simpson and frasier crane. but thanks for the info.

10. kido

kido Senior Member

'It pays good but its boring as hell' -a friend.

11. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

a girl i knew in high school, who was really smart and beautiful, ended up doing this..i didn't really know her too well, so i don't know what she thingks of it, but just the fact that she chose that career path says a lot to me about oppurtunities and $$$

i know it does pay well

and you'll never be out of work..

i guess it depends on your interests and priorities..

how important is the money vs. stimulus level

know this: not everyone in health care is making bank, plus when you figure in shit like the hours, malpractice insurance, and getting sued, plus dealing with HMO paperwork, it's a tough job man..

i know more than a few nurses, i work in one of the best hospitals in the world..they still make their med school grads work for two years in 24-36 hour shifts for about $10 an hour...it takes a while for doctors to make real money, as in, decades..and even then, it's tough work.

probably health care workers are overpaid..but are they really?
    they are taking risks too...in this day and age, with aids and the like..

the real villains in health care are HMO's and the heads of those corporations..they are overpaid, overinflated, bloated organizations that infringe on the health care of patients to make a buck.

...good luck.

12. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

the medical field is a possibly rewarding choice, but doing it by taking xrays, fuck that. at least get that job where you shoot people's spines full of that goo that makes em show up in a cat scan, then watch it spread throughout their body. that's savage.

13. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i think that my girlfriend is gonna do that, but im not sure

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

you should try asking her.
    girls love when you show interest.

15. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

one of my good friends is pretty early in his career as a doc. he has huge bills to pay back with interest accruing daily. Yes he's making some bank, but his student loan payment is more expensive than his house payment. Last I head his students loans were approaching $300,000 due to the interest. His first job out was really shitty.

edit for spelling