My Mom loves Graffiti

Gunm

Despite there being a number of parents out there that hate graffiti, my mom absolutely loves it. Being a highly successful artist herself, she is open and appreciative of non-conventional artforms especially those perpetuated by young up and comers.

A while back i showed her my extensive photo collection of pieces, throws and tags and she was blown away. She thinks graffiti is the most powerful medium of art she has seen in years.

"I thought it was all about vandalism and gangs but what you have shown me is something that pushes past the boundaries of anything being done by people your age these days honey"

---- Lens' mommy

In any event, my mom now assists me with my photographical endeavors and keeps me updated on new throws, pieces and tags en route to her studio in (blank).

It's hella funny when she comes up to me and says "oooo, that guy you like, Zore, has a new piece on (blank). Go get a photo and give me a copy!"

It's awesome having a parent that likes graffiti so much. She's totally into it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the majority of my art (all above 50) love graffiti. one went as far as viewing style wars in class. the vast majority of "conventional" artist respect graffiti not only for its beauty but for the complications that arise in producing illegal art.

my dad never realy liked graff...he thought of it as ruining peoples property for a immature reason....but as i got older and he respected me as a adult...i brought him to a legal jam.....after a few hours of paintin...and talkin to alot of diff writers and hearing alot of dffrent views on graff...he finally realized that it was more then paint on a wall...and ever since then he always ask when the next legal jam is...

your mom is awesome lens.

my dad always told me that im too talented an artist to go wasting my talent on stupid shit. Fuck that. Obviously being an "artist" hasnt gotten me anywhere in life, or made me any money.

edited-because i cant spell or form sentences late at night

my mum likes graffiti

i only put up around local areas now days anyway

but she gets worried, cause if I get busted, my career plans will be on hold, again.

my mom doesn;t exactly approve, however i have heard her say to:

:there's spomething new from _____, you should come check it out"...

and, the day after my birthday she said to

"you're still getting up, huh"

exact words... kinda made me happy...

:just dont get poppe" ws the next sentence... mae me even happier...

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by vinyl junkie

my mom doesn;t exactly approve, however i have heard her say to:

:there's spomething new from _____, you should come check it out"...

and, the day after my birthday she said to

"you're still getting up, huh"

exact words... kinda made me happy...

:just dont get poppe" ws the next sentence... mae me even happier...

Damn someone is drunk...

so i was on the train to work this morning and this woman gets on the train with her 3 little girls and sits down in front of me. as we pass some walls one of the little girls says something along the lines of "mommy....who drew on the walls?" and her mom went into a little explanation that went like this "very bad men write on the walls. it's ugly isnt it? its ugly because the men that write on those walls are ugly in their hearts. they are very bad men that kill people and have no mommies and daddies...very bad men"

i seriously think that made the 1 1/2 hour commute worth while.

Originally posted by LENS

Despite there being a number of parents out there that hate graffiti, my mom absolutely loves it. Being a highly successful artist herself, she is open and appreciative of non-conventional artforms especially those perpetuated by young up and comers.

A while back i showed her my extensive photo collection of pieces, throws and tags and she was blown away. She thinks graffiti is the most powerful medium of art she has seen in years.

"I thought it was all about vandalism and gangs but what you have shown me is something that pushes past the boundaries of anything being done by people your age these days honey"

---- Lens' mommy

In any event, my mom now assists me with my photographical endeavors and keeps me updated on new throws, pieces and tags en route to her studio in (blank).

It's hella funny when she comes up to me and says "oooo, that guy you like, Zore, has a new piece on (blank). Go get a photo and give me a copy!"

It's awesome having a parent that likes graffiti so much. She's totally into it.

If you only knew..

It gets cool to a point but when it gets "too cool" it gets uncool..

Trust me on this one..

Archived