My friend has been institutionalized

GnomeToys

I've seen this coming for the past couple of weeks, although I didn't imagine how he would have ended up there.

Basically, two or so weeks ago, a neighbor dude I know from the Virgin Islands discovered that his American adopted mother died last July. That's right, nobody bothered to tell him this happened until just now. This didn't sit well with him. His behavior began to increase in weirdness at a steady rate after that. He was currently living with a) A 30 year old drug fiend. b) A small army of 17 year old girls that had dropped out of high school and were fucking person A for drugs. He didn't want them living there, but felt some kind of desire to help their situation, he paid for their rent and everything, he was a good guy. He was working at the dishroom at my work.

I don't know the specifics of his family medical history but his sister was taking haldol for something, and they don't just give that out for any minor mental problem that comes along.

Weekend before last, he came into work and told the boss that he was going to take 7 days off work to lock himself in his room and find himself. Not asking for it off, telling them that he was going to be off. They responded by telling him to take the rest of his life off.

-He began telling me that everything would be explained in 7 days. I was reminded of The Ring.

-No word from him the first two days.

-Comes by on day 3 to try to borrow my roommate's truck. He wants to go buy palm trees and a soccer ball for his room so that everything can be ok. We won't let him have it. Other roommate drives him around instead. I'm beginning to suspect something.

-Day 5: Shows up wearing a feather mask and still talking about how it's only going to be 7 more days and then we'll understand everything.

-Day 6: Comes by talking about how he's finding scraps of paper on the ground with numbers and words on them that he's piecing together, he now knows that he has to help the poor kids of the world by forming youth groups and centers. Every number symbolizes a bad event that has happened to him, and he can recall them all. The numbers are guiding him. Other roommate drives him around on more errands. I believe he's had a break and is developing some serious schizophrenia.

-Day 7: Doesn't come by. I go over to his house. A doorway is boarded off entirely, and random shit is written all over the walls about world peace and various religious symbols. He's got a copy of some black men's magazine and is telling me that it's making everything clear to him, four articles are all talking about his life. Seven days and it will all be ok. We all stop by and talk to him. He is pissing in a bottle in his closet. He is incapable of referecing either himself or the present. Schizophrenic for sure.

-Day 8: He comes over and tells us that the fourth seal has been broken and he is the prince, son of god. He wants to borrow the truck again. He asks three times. "We don't have the authority to loan it to you, it isn't ours." He gives us the authority. It isn't his to give. In four years something will happen but he won't scare us by explaining. He's reading magazines by simply touching the covers now. He's been reading revelations, too. I'm thinking a mental hospital is required but don't know how to get him there. Still in seven days, we will understand more. Burns his closet door and part of bedroom down somehow.

-Day 9: I was at work, but apparently he stopped by briefly in the morning and said he was going out to some car dealership owned by a Bob D. and get a free car. He had the power to get one without money.

-Today: Working again, but apparently last night he called the owner of the above car dealership and left a message something like "Bob D. , Bob Marley, you're the same guy, I know you do coke, I need a car, give me one". Afterwards he was talking about blowing something up and making everyone pay.

From here on out, I'm not clear what happened. The only eyewitness story I have is from some extremely dodgy/shady motherfucker that had been selling drugs to the 17 year old girls in the past weeks, so I don't know for sure, but it sounds reasonable.

As I arrived home from work the neighbors were telling me he had walked away with a bunch of police earlier.

Apparently he had called 911 and asked the cops if they wanted to smoke some dope with him. They came over of course, although whether they wanted to smoke dope is anyone's guess at this point. He was incoherent enough when they arrived that they talked to him and obvserved the writing on his walls for quite some time, and finally taken him to the mental hospital. I guess he went willingly, now his house is vacant and the whereabouts of his dogs is unknown.

I don't know what to think about this really, it's damn sad but at least he's getting some help. RIP O's Sanity.

Anybody else got any stories to share?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, too bad. I'm sure things will work out.

I have a friend who went nuts, too. The things he did are a little similar to what your friend is doing. Before he was locked up and subsequently put in the mental hospital, he had crashed at my place. He was acting so nuts, it was annoying as fuck.

It turns out that he had dumped someone's brand new ps2 (when they had first come out) into a bathtub at a house party. He then crashed there, and left in the morning. He later returned to break in and kill the pets, as well as write biblical passages on the walls with his blood.

Then, he killed a plant and claimed to me days after that because of this, no one will ever be paranoid after smoking weed again.

He said he was going to be the Prime Minister in 16 years because God told him this every night.

He also turned his brother in (a guy who spends most of his time in jail) for something completely bogus.

He got out, eventually, and now fucks mad girls. Hot ones, ugly ones, fat ones, skinny ones.

So yeah, did I miss the part where your boy is all up on the bible? Because crazy people, in my experience, always turn to the bible. And I've known a few people who went nuts.

tease, you're an idiot. i can't wait till you have an actual real life experience outside of your gated community and without the protection of mommy. you're going to shit a brick when you're the only person you can rely on when some real shit goes down in your life.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Feb 16 2005, 12:24 PM

Because crazy people, in my experience, always turn to the bible.

yeah, the bible is like food for delusions

i find shit like this interesting. it sucks that al this happened. something like this happened to one of my neighbors when i was like 10 years old, he was showing signs of schitzophrenia (spelling)? but anyway i didnt know any of this at the time when id accasionally see him when id be outside, until he was later taken off into police custody for sacrificing cats in his basement and writing biblical messages in the cats blood on the walls around his house, this all being told to me a couple years by my neighbor who was a state narc or some shit. but yeah if i can remember before he really went nuts this guy invited me into his house and gave me and my brother walkie talks and he there were about 20 other walkie talkies placed in weird spots at the time , he said they were for god to respond on, (this all before any of the writings of biblical shit were on the walls of his home)my brother got creeped out and left crying, and i just left casually thinking the dude was juts retarded. sorry if this story sounds a little unorganized i cant write very well under the influence. weird shit happens

That's really, really sad. I was reading a little about schizophrenia a couple years back, and it's one of the worst afflictions you can have. Most schizophrenics aren't able to care for themselves and need constant supervision. You can't distinguish between reality and your own imagination. Schizophrenics often forget to eat, drink, sleep and take medication. I couldn't imagine a more terrible card to be dealt. Luckily there's some hope for a normal life through medication and therapy.

Schizophrenia most often starts to manifest itself between the ages of 21 and 25.

Tease, you are the most amazing asshole. Go fuck yourself. I hope you get banned again.

Hopefully he's at a mental hospital. My close friend's brother showed shizophrenic traits, but his family wasn't aware of what was wrong (thought it was cocaine/crack use.) Push comes to shove... my friend walked into her house after class during highschool to find her grandmother stabbed 70 times and her brother hiding in a corner in the basement. That was a day that went down in history.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Feb 16 2005, 01:08 PM

Schizophrenia most often starts to manifest itself between the ages of 21 and 25.

when i was growing up, there was a crew of us that would hang out in the local schoolyard and skate, smoke weed, drink and whatnot every day. a couple guys in the crew were always a little wierd.

sebastian used to get ragged on by alot of the guys cos he was always quiet and timid, but was essentially a good kid. russian used to get ragged on a fair bit as well, but he was always a little....off. he moved to australia from romania and started hanging out with us cos he didn't know anyone else.

we introduced them to drugs and whatnot (more like force-fed) and russian in particular just got progressively stranger as time went on. we were all convinced he would rape and kill one of the girls in the group.

well, as most of you know, at about 22 i left australia to live in europe. i retuned 3 years later to find both of the above mentioned guys were severley ill. sebastian went into care cos he just lost it completely. down the whole bible route mentioned by some of the others, as well as snapping and trying to murder his friends.

russian took to pushing a trolley around and living in a tree in the park. just completely off the wall. he was even in the local paper, known as the tree man.

mental illness is pretty raw, and happens way too often. it was a definate eye opener returning from europe to find out damn near everyone i hung out with before leaving was either dead, strung out on heroin, in jail, or at the funny farm. life kinda sucks sometimes. i'm thankful i'm alive and well, that's for sure.

damn man. thats sad shit.

i have a friend that i talk to everyonce and awhile that has had to ask me if us talking is real or an illusion, a dream. although its tempting to get off on some everythings an illusion type shit when this happens id never dare to.

i have a friend whos brother was a phrenic and suicided after getting heavily, heavily, heavily into the occult and metaphysics. in his note he was talking about how he had finally experienced the oneness of the universe and being one with god, that now that he had experienced it he couldnt live without it. then he hung himself.

phrenia is such a sad disease. i wish nobody had to experience shit like this.

just make sure you can show your phrenic friends support cause that shits important, and if you ever get tempted to laugh at illusions remember that they cant tell that its not real so show some folks some love.

i :heartbeat: schitzophrenics

Certainly this psychotic break was probably set off by the loss of his adopted mom... I wonder about the possibility of a drug overdose that might have worsened his condition.

I'm very sorry to hear this, and I hope he gets better somehow.

Who can gaze into the eyes of the dragon, and not go mad? To look upon the face of the lord would destroy any mortal.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

1. mental illness is a myth. you should be talking about organic mental disorders. its not an "illness". you get the flu, you get a cold, strep. you have a sore throat or a runny nose. thats illness. schizophrenia doesnt cause sore throats or shit like that. its a disorder, disorders deal with confusions of signals in the brain, and im grasping at last quarter straws here, but my bet is it has to do with a breakdown of the thalamus. im sure that old rednecked texan trainhopper can tell you more about this than i can remember. but if you are curious more, look up Thomas Szasz and see what he has to say.

2. Consider this. Way way way back in the day, like, 1250, people that spoke directly to God were considered prophets. If you spoke to God, you were revered and entire societies followed everything you say. Now, if you say that you have talked directly to god, you are a nut. you are crazy. and the words of the prophet were written on the subway walls? yeah, because the prophets, the people that "talked to god", were institutionalized, then during the deinstutionalization period they were put back out on the streets, where they would stop taking their pills and their symptoms would return. and much like your buddies, would write all this biblical shit over all the walls.

3. dont worry your buddy will be back out. theyll put him on whatever the newest variant of chlorpromazine (thorazine) is out there. its a psychotropic drug, itll get rid of the symptoms, but not the illness. delusions and hallucinations (they are different things) will go away only as long as he takes his pulls. if he stops, they come back. just be glad they dont use electroconvulsive shock therapy anymore.

mods yall can delete both of my posts if you want.

im through being childish like gnometoys there, and wont stoop to his level with the piks and stupid comments.

so i apoligize, feel free to remove my comments and this one to after you remove the others, ill just stay out of the thread.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Feb 16 2005, 04:06 AM

mods yall can delete both of my posts if you want.

im through being childish like gnometoys there, and wont stoop to his level with the piks and stupid comments.

so i apoligize, feel free to remove my comments and this one to after you remove the others, ill just stay out of the thread.

wow..so mature...

you fucken sack of nuts....

They do have electro shock therapy still. I know a girl who was getting that treatment..... yeh... she was pretty fuckin unstable.

I always wondered about people who are schizophrenic. If what they hear and see is actually reality, and that we are the ones who are mentally disturbed. Thats some philosophical "is the color red I see the same color red you see" type jawn.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Feb 16 2005, 02:14 PM

I think it's better that your posts remain. In real life you can't take shit back or have a mod delete it for you, and some real life might do you some good, fucker.

which is the exact reason the delete and edit buttons dissapear shortly after you post.

so everyone that hates this new function can blame tease for that.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Feb 16 2005, 04:14 AM

I think it's better that your posts remain. In real life you can't take shit back or have a mod delete it for you, and some real life might do you some good, fucker.

look mother fucker, if you or anyone else really gets that pissy over my posts and wants to let me know about it, come fucking see me.

im about tired of you fucking assholes talking shit to me like yall are so above me.

come woop my ass if your that fucking bent out of shape about the shit im saying.

yall mother fuckers some straight up bitches holding hands and ganging up on me every chance you get, so i could care less now. fuck all of you stupid assholes.

i do hope your friend gets better but dont let these kids tell you that it will happen. as someone said, this is something that happens in your early 20's and in most cases its not something that goes away. many of the drugs used to suppress this illness make people so sick that they opt to not to use them. its a very, very bad card to be delt but it does happen and the only thing you can do is wish for the best.

good luck with the situation.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E+Feb 15 2005, 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (T=E=A=S=E - Feb 15 2005, 11:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Old Growth@Feb 16 2005, 04:14 AM

I think it's better that your posts remain.  In real life you can't take shit back or have a mod delete it for you, and some real life might do you some good, fucker.

all mother fuckers some straight up bitches holding hands and ganging up on me every chance you get, so i could care less now. fuck all of you stupid assholes.

[/b]

oh man...have a cry.. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Feb 16 2005, 02:24 PM

look mother fucker, if you or anyone else really gets that pissy over my posts and wants to let me know about it, come fucking see me.

im about tired of you fucking assholes talking shit to me like yall are so above me.

come woop my ass if your that fucking bent out of shape about the shit im saying.

yall mother fuckers some straight up bitches holding hands and ganging up on me every chance you get, so i could care less now. fuck all of you stupid assholes.

dude, if you didn't act like a cock all the time it wouldn't happen. just chill the fuck out and think before you post. you're an adult now (apparently), how about acting like one every so often?

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Feb 16 2005, 04:33 AM

dude, if you didn't act like a cock all the time it wouldn't happen. just chill the fuck out and think before you post. you're an adult now (apparently), how about acting like one every so often?

come on man be serious, ive tried numerous times to chill out and just blend in, and people constantly after me talking shit and calling me out on every little thing.

so dont act like its all my fault.

i said that shit in the first place to fuck up the thread because gnometoys always fucks up mine with his stupid comments about me and posting my picture in my threads.

to me, thats fair.

im the ONLY person on the site that 35,000 mother fuckers call out one after the other on simple shit that you could let slide, but no, since im "tease the almighty" everyone has to say my name and their two bit comments.

so dont give me that bullshit.