my computer wont work

MANIK DEK

alright i havnt been able to start my computer up for like three weeks now. its a hp pavilion... about three weeks ago it froze out of no were and i havent been able to start it up without it freezing when the programs start to load. anybody know a way to start it up manuely or maybe what might be wrong with it? help would be greatly appreciated

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MANIK DEK

i am no longer an anarchist seek....i have grown up and discovered that society and life needs strucuture:idea:

you really have no idea how many terrible haircuts and ugly girlfriends i just saved you from.

sorry, i am of no help on comptuers though.

if you want help at least identify which operating system the computer is running.. theres a number of ways to bypass the startup programs, hold F8 and a boot menu will appear - safe mode should be there - select safe mode, if everything loads fine proceed to remove anything you see inside of the Program FilesStartup folder - run Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, run your NAV software, if that doesnt fix it get Norton Utilities to repair system errors, check your win.ini, check your system.ini, check your autoexec.bat, look for suspicious registry entries - put a magnet on your hard drive for 20-30 minutes

Originally posted by adderall

if you want help at least identify which operating system the computer is running.. theres a number of ways to bypass the startup programs, hold F8 and a boot menu will appear - safe mode should be there - select safe mode, if everything loads fine proceed to remove anything you see inside of the Program FilesStartup folder - run Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, run your NAV software, if that doesnt fix it get Norton Utilities to repair system errors, check your win.ini, check your system.ini, check your autoexec.bat, look for suspicious registry entries - put a magnet on your hard drive for 20-30 minutes

thanks man ima try that out when i get home

Archived