Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

my attempt on doing something my parents do not like-attempting to be "independent"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by swif1, Mar 23, 2002.

1. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

well...i just received my first paycheck from my new job.

and so i decided to cash it in and spend a few bucks (and deposit a $100 in the bank)

i bought the things.

went home.

parents asked where have i been.

i replied saying i cashed my paycheck.

they weren't happy about that.

"why didn't you just ask us for money?"

(of course, im asian so my parents err family are strict..which also means talking back is strictly prohibited)

so i don't have the power to actually talk back to them.

so i fuckin had to agree with what ever the fuck my dad says.

they asked, "why didn't i just deposit the whole check into the bank?"

of course, i can't answer that.

they think i would blow all the money.

of course, i can't answer back with my opinion.

so i sat there and agreed to whatever.

they also said we don't want you to buy things unnecessary for school.

and now, they found out that i didn't have all my money

and they ask, where is the rest?

"i bought some things"

"what did you buy?"

"some things i wanted paint"

"where? Let me see"

i pulled out the bag, they see the following:

chapstick
    respirator
    two krylons

"why do you need this?"

"because i wanted to spray/draw"

"and where do you plan on doing this?"

"walls"

"how long have you been doing this?"

"never done it..."

and now, my mother wants me to refund them and get the money back.

why cant i do something that i enjoy and not have them approve of every-muthafuckin-thing.

well anyways...

i would like to thank my parents for making me become the hermit that i am and limit me throughout the years causing me to not know what i want to major in. thank you, mom and dad.

oh yeah...i don't like being spoiled.

2. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

i hope someone will aim a gun towards my temple and shoot me.

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

tough situation dude, i didnt know asian parents are so strict, i mean none of my asian friends parents are like that. wierd.

4. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

my parents use to be the typical asian parent. they use to always trip over what i did but now theyre divorced and my weird/psycho mom doesnt really care what i do. she asked if i wanted to get a tattoo over spring break.. weird. but my dads still the same.

5. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

oh man that sucks. That is weird, asian parents always seem to be real strict and make their kids do well in school, But asian people are always the smartest and get the best jobs. Anyways good luck, you should just work on hiding more things from your parents. And if your old enough to move out you should.

6. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

and yet i'm getting honor roll and striving for dean's list. i am about to get accepted to a univer-fuckin-sity. and i am stupid because i cashed my paycheck at amscot?

7. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

on a side not...my dad says writing on the walls ("vandalizing") is for street people.

8. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

my mom is chinese.....she was real strict when i was younger...but we get along pretty well now, other than her constant nagging about me painting....evidently she wants me to join the crowd and start routing for the college basketball team and start going to games and start to become social with other people other than writers....i tell her she wouldnt understand...but get this...all of a sudden she wants to use my respirator because she and my dad are refinishing a coffee table and she doesnt want to hurt her brain....wha?? my dad has gotten pretty cool with it, but wants me to explore other hobbies as well....he doesnt really get on my case about painting anymore....they have never asked me to return and paint that i have ever bought though...thats just unreasonable...you gotta talk back man....its the only way to get any ground with strict parents...and you gotta raise your voice, and just tell them shit.....my parents kinda knew when i started to paint, but didnt do much to stop it....just nag the hell outta me.....we get along quite well now....

also, if they stay unreasonable like that, i agree with the moving out comment...just find a couple friends and get an apartment....

9. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

yeah, two of my friends and myself are planning to do so after we all graduate. then we can rack up the electric bill because we will network 3 computers all playing diablo/counterstrike/etc (haha)

10. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

come to think of it...i will need to tread carefully for the next couple of weeks (ahem..if you know what i mean)

11. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

my mom used to be like that....she would chase me around the house if i told her to shut up...but around 8th grade or so i just started swearing and all that shit around her...and right now if i was to say shut up to my mom, she wouldnt even notice...shes asian too

i also dont like the way my parents are so against "vandalizing", but then she comes to me asking for me to decoratte a birthday card, or use my silver pilot to decortate some shit, or ask me to use my spraypaint on a mark on the door

my main thing is....you what 17? dont take shit from your parents....i used to be bitched around by them alot...now i always talk back, and give them a peice of my mind and where im coming from. think of them as just two people you live with. if you wanna buy paint, go buy paint, argue with em, tell them that your gonna do what YOU want to do, and that your not their little kid anymore. its time to speak out!:D

12. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

yea i was kinda wondering what life would be like if my parents divorced. they would probably lighten up a bit...instead of facing two parents when im coming home at 3am i only gotta face one, and they cant back each other up either.

13. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

that happens to me too...i just turn the favor down. if you don't apreciate my "art" then go ask someone who cares.

im 18...and my parents would still hit me...scary isn't it?

14. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

damn 18? i still get in fights with my dad....i mean fist fights and shit. me and him differ so much. hes the most morally correct person i kno, he never does anything bad. and then you have me. mr flunking out of school vandalizing shoplifting cussing swearing menace II society. hes got a black belt so i always loose but it feels good hitting him back....tell him that im not gonna take his shit...ive gotten into so many fuckin arguments with my dad, ive told him that im going to shoot him, that he makes my life suck, everything. hes a whiteboy from the suburbs, so he has NO idea what its like growing up a teenager in the city

15. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

i wanna punch my dad so hard, he thinks he's perfect in everyway and try to make me sympathize him and my mom because of how much they get paid and shit.

fuck.

i guess it's because i hardly ever talk to them.

they talk to me.

i only talk when i needed to.

that must be why.

fuck. and they wonder why i don't talk a lot?

is it becasue i don't go out the house a lot?