my attempt on doing something my parents do not like-attempting to be "independent"

swif1

well...i just received my first paycheck from my new job.

and so i decided to cash it in and spend a few bucks (and deposit a $100 in the bank)

i bought the things.

went home.

parents asked where have i been.

i replied saying i cashed my paycheck.

they weren't happy about that.

"why didn't you just ask us for money?"

(of course, im asian so my parents err family are strict..which also means talking back is strictly prohibited)

so i don't have the power to actually talk back to them.

so i fuckin had to agree with what ever the fuck my dad says.

they asked, "why didn't i just deposit the whole check into the bank?"

of course, i can't answer that.

they think i would blow all the money.

of course, i can't answer back with my opinion.

so i sat there and agreed to whatever.

they also said we don't want you to buy things unnecessary for school.

and now, they found out that i didn't have all my money

and they ask, where is the rest?

"i bought some things"

"what did you buy?"

"some things i wanted paint"

"where? Let me see"

i pulled out the bag, they see the following:

chapstick

respirator

two krylons

"why do you need this?"

"because i wanted to spray/draw"

"and where do you plan on doing this?"

"walls"

"how long have you been doing this?"

"never done it..."

and now, my mother wants me to refund them and get the money back.

why cant i do something that i enjoy and not have them approve of every-muthafuckin-thing.

well anyways...

i would like to thank my parents for making me become the hermit that i am and limit me throughout the years causing me to not know what i want to major in. thank you, mom and dad.

oh yeah...i don't like being spoiled.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my parents use to be the typical asian parent. they use to always trip over what i did but now theyre divorced and my weird/psycho mom doesnt really care what i do. she asked if i wanted to get a tattoo over spring break.. weird. but my dads still the same.

oh man that sucks. That is weird, asian parents always seem to be real strict and make their kids do well in school, But asian people are always the smartest and get the best jobs. Anyways good luck, you should just work on hiding more things from your parents. And if your old enough to move out you should.

my mom is chinese.....she was real strict when i was younger...but we get along pretty well now, other than her constant nagging about me painting....evidently she wants me to join the crowd and start routing for the college basketball team and start going to games and start to become social with other people other than writers....i tell her she wouldnt understand...but get this...all of a sudden she wants to use my respirator because she and my dad are refinishing a coffee table and she doesnt want to hurt her brain....wha?? my dad has gotten pretty cool with it, but wants me to explore other hobbies as well....he doesnt really get on my case about painting anymore....they have never asked me to return and paint that i have ever bought though...thats just unreasonable...you gotta talk back man....its the only way to get any ground with strict parents...and you gotta raise your voice, and just tell them shit.....my parents kinda knew when i started to paint, but didnt do much to stop it....just nag the hell outta me.....we get along quite well now....

also, if they stay unreasonable like that, i agree with the moving out comment...just find a couple friends and get an apartment....

my mom used to be like that....she would chase me around the house if i told her to shut up...but around 8th grade or so i just started swearing and all that shit around her...and right now if i was to say shut up to my mom, she wouldnt even notice...shes asian too

i also dont like the way my parents are so against "vandalizing", but then she comes to me asking for me to decoratte a birthday card, or use my silver pilot to decortate some shit, or ask me to use my spraypaint on a mark on the door

my main thing is....you what 17? dont take shit from your parents....i used to be bitched around by them alot...now i always talk back, and give them a peice of my mind and where im coming from. think of them as just two people you live with. if you wanna buy paint, go buy paint, argue with em, tell them that your gonna do what YOU want to do, and that your not their little kid anymore. its time to speak out!:D

Originally posted by dELiSs

my parents use to be the typical asian parent. they use to always trip over what i did but now theyre divorced and my weird/psycho mom doesnt really care what i do. she asked if i wanted to get a tattoo over spring break.. weird. but my dads still the same.

yea i was kinda wondering what life would be like if my parents divorced. they would probably lighten up a bit...instead of facing two parents when im coming home at 3am i only gotta face one, and they cant back each other up either.

Originally posted by REGULATOR

...but then she comes to me asking for me to decoratte a birthday card, or use my silver pilot to decortate some shit, or ask me to use my spraypaint on a mark on the door

that happens to me too...i just turn the favor down. if you don't apreciate my "art" then go ask someone who cares.

my main thing is....you what 17? dont take shit from your parents....i used to be bitched around by them alot...now i always talk back, and give them a peice of my mind and where im coming from. think of them as just two people you live with. if you wanna buy paint, go buy paint, argue with em, tell them that your gonna do what YOU want to do, and that your not their little kid anymore. its time to speak out!:D

im 18...and my parents would still hit me...scary isn't it?

damn 18? i still get in fights with my dad....i mean fist fights and shit. me and him differ so much. hes the most morally correct person i kno, he never does anything bad. and then you have me. mr flunking out of school vandalizing shoplifting cussing swearing menace II society. hes got a black belt so i always loose but it feels good hitting him back....tell him that im not gonna take his shit...ive gotten into so many fuckin arguments with my dad, ive told him that im going to shoot him, that he makes my life suck, everything. hes a whiteboy from the suburbs, so he has NO idea what its like growing up a teenager in the city

Originally posted by REGULATOR

i still get in fights with my dad....i mean fist fights and shit.

i wanna punch my dad so hard, he thinks he's perfect in everyway and try to make me sympathize him and my mom because of how much they get paid and shit.

fuck.

i guess it's because i hardly ever talk to them.

they talk to me.

i only talk when i needed to.

that must be why.

fuck. and they wonder why i don't talk a lot?

is it becasue i don't go out the house a lot?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

All I can tell you is, be patient. Freaking out all of a sudden and going against the norm in the household by rebelling can easily turn into a downward spiral that will fuck up your relationship with your parents to no end. As much as you'll hear people telling you that parents are bullshit and you should do what you want to do, it's so much better to actually cultivate an understanding with them. It all starts with "talking back" at them in a way that doesn't sound threatening or overly defensive. Ask questions, don't pose statements.

I wonder how the fuck parents can be so out of sync with their sons. Man, if my dad had any artistic ability at all, we'd both be going painting at night. Shit, last Christmas he and I would get drunk on Saturdays, and go out at 3 am to steal nativity scenes from neighbors' lawns, which we'd then rearrange on houses four blocks down the street. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Beer,

El Mamerro

thanx to everyone for replying. yeah zack, i try to do that sometimes.

i thought my parents were bad. you have to extra sly, dont show them things like spray paint for starters.

well i couldn't hide it, they asked what i bought and the receipts and stuff

god forbid you'd spend money you made.

http://shop.himeya.com/products/ps2_ou/parappa2/parappa21.jpg'>

LESSON 1

Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind,

If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find,

The things I'll teach ya is sure to beat ya,

Nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher now!

Kick!

Kick!

Punch!

Punch!

Chop!

Chop!

Block!

Block!

Once more now! Kick!

Kick!

Punch!

Punch!

Chop!

Chop!

And Block!

Block!

LESSON 2

Don't get cocky, it's gonna get rocky,

We gonna move down to the next ya jockey now

Duck!

Duck!

Jump!

Jump!

Turn!

Turn!

Pose!

Pose!

Listen carefully! Junp!

Jump!

Pose!

Pose!

Duck!

Duck!

and Turn!

Turn!

LESSON 3

Hmm, yeah, I see you're getting better,

Kick to the limit in order to get her now

Kick, punch!

Kick, punch!

Chop, Block!

Chop, Block!

Chop, Kick!

Chop, Kick!

Punch, Block!

Punch, Block!

It's gonna get harder now! Duck and Jump!

Duck, Jump!

Turn and Pose!

Turn, Pose!

Duck and Turn!

Duck, Turn!

Jump and Pose!

Jump, Pose!

LESSON 4

Come on now, why don't you follow my words,

Because we're almost done I'll make it easy at first

I wanna see if you wanna see what it means

To be the man with the master plan

Are you the man now?

Here we go now! Kick, Punch, Block!

Kick, Punch, Block!

Chop, Kick, Block!

Chop, Kick, Block!

Block Turn and Kick it!

Block, Turn, Kick!

Block, Duck, Punch!

Block, Duck, Punch!

Duck, Duck, Turn!

Duck, Duck, Turn!

Jump, Kick, Chop!

Jump, Kick, Chop!

And punch, punch, punch!

Punch, Punch, Punch!

Very good, PaRappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

Yahoo! All right!

now my mom is all saying that she has to pay all my bills and rent and insurance when i'm in college

what the muthafuckun fuck is that shit

hah i tried talking to her in a calm tone then she retorted saying she will hit me....damn bitch

Guest JoeHatesCops

My mom is crazy, like shes bought me paint, and she notices things like, oh so and so got crossed out,but other times shell be fucking physcho, and just yell at me, and saying she going to call the vandal squad, and that shes going to turn me in. but my mom is in a mental home right now, so its cool.

heres an example about my overly moralistic faggot dad

so im sitting here on the comp, reading about how mamerro and his dad would go mess up peoples nativy scenes, and i started laughing. well he heres this and asks me what im laughing at. i tell him about how some dude and his dad would go mess up peoples nativity scenes. he askes me very seriously

D- Whats so funny about that?

me- it sounds like some fun

D- Theres nothing fun about that

me- its fun for a teenager

D- how can you get any fun out of doing sumthing like that

me- what the fuck dude chill, its something that most teenagers find entertaining

D- come with me into the kitchen, we need to talk, i dont understand this at all

me- i dont wanna talk to you

D- just come (starts walking off to kitchen)

me- if i dont wanna talk to you, im not gonna fuckin talk to you

eventualy im like fuck it and just wanna see whats up

i follow him into the kitchen were my mom and aunt are sitting talking and shit...and my dad starts crybabying to them

D- hey me and ***** need to settle something...he seems to think its good and funny to go get drunk with his dad and go mess with peoples front lawns

(mom and aunt are sitting there like wtf)

me- DID I FUCKIN SAY THAT? I NEVER SAID IT WAS GOOD, I SAID IT WOULD BE FUN (im starting to get pisses, cus im so fuckin sick of his shit)

D- (yeling) THERES NOTHING FUN ABOUT THAT

(my mom starts rolling her eyes at my dad, thiinking the exact same as i am, that he is a fuckin whining bitch)

me- THEN YOU OBVIOUSLY WERE NEVER A FUCKIN TEENAGER, YOU WERE A FUCKIN BOONIE THAT SAT ON THE SIDELINES AND WATCHED AS YOUR BROTHERS DID THAT KINDA STUFF

D- I HAD FUN AS A TEENAGER, BUT NOT DOING THAT KINDA SHIT

Me- IM SO GOD DAMN SICK OF YOUR MORALS AND DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT

D- MAYBE YOU NEED SOME MORALS, LOOK AT YOUR FUCKIN REPORT CARD AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH (arrested for graffiti)

me- I DONT WANNA HAVE FUCKIN MORALS

dad walks out kitchen

mom and auntie are sitting there rolling eyes, like what the fuck

its situations like these that make me respect my mom more. she grew up in the city and she knows what its like for a teenager. she also bitches to me about how dad is sometimes a fuckin control freak and shes fed up with the way hes trying to govern our house like a fuckin tyrant...i seriously hope they get a divorce and i dont need to live with my fuckin dad....i hate the guts out of him....fuckin faggot....

el mamerro i just wanna say that your a lucky ass mother fucker...i wish i had a dad who understood what its like to be a teenager, i envy you with passion

pissedoffandviolentasfuckoner signing out

the nativity scenes are those displays some people put on their front lawns picturing baby jesus and the stables and shit

i called my dad a boonie because hes from the countryside, he never lived in the city untill he was like 24 years old...he hates the city and wants to move me back to the country, which i will shoot myself before i go because i fuckin hate the country

(i wanted to call him something a little more graphic but my mom and aunt were there ya kno)

Archived