Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MUSICIANS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by d-town_bomber, Jun 10, 2002.

1. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

i was wondering if any of yall play any instruments and what type of shit do u play.i can get down on the drums piano and guitar

2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

i play guitar and bass.
    i posted my cd here awhile ago.

3. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

4. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i play a mean skin flute.

5. cobra_clutch

cobra_clutch Junior Member

I play piano and the turntables...at the same time.

6. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i can play mad shit

bongo drum
    tambourine
    xylophone
    whistle
    pots and pans
    ukelele that i got for 4 dollars in HA

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm a Kazoo teacher

8. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

would you teach me?

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I can play the spoons like nobody else.......

10. ilikeskulls.

ilikeskulls. Guest

11. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

its HI as in the HI"gh"STATE..808

12. buttercup

buttercup New Jack

I'm a bassist, and I also play some goddawful guitar

13. mmmm..tacos

mmmm..tacos New Jack

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by t-ball coach
    On musicians

Is it me, or are all the people that play in symphonies absolutely hideous? I mean, I would not want to be awakened in the night by one, even if there is a fire. If there is a fire, find someone with a proportionate body to wake me up so I do not open my eyes and think I am in the movie Willow.
    I have noticed a pattern in symphony-folk. Actually, I have noticed a few patterns in symphony-folk. First, there are the little people-the kind of people that probably utilize shoe horns on a daily basis. These are men and women of much smaller proportion (not dwarves or midgits) that are around the 4'6"-4'8" range, also referred to as the "I can do my own laundry, but can't reach the detergent" height. Second, in a non-formal symphony or group performance, I have been able to spot atleast two traditional indian garments among the players. It is at these times when i am forced to ask myself two questions: "Are these the trend setters among symphony-folk?" and "Where does one actually purchase pants with indian designs that have shoes of the same material attached to the cuffs?" It is mostly the women that wear these garments. The men seem to have an idea of how to dress.
    The hairstyles of common symphony-folk differ greatly and I have seen some unique cuts. Women with Kenny G's haircut are prevalent and can be spotted from a mile away. And symphony women will have no part in letting scunci's go out of style. But it is the hairstyle that the men seem to clench on to like a retarded kid, scared of a racoon, gripping tightly to his mother that concerns me-the skull yamaka. This is a bald spot on the back of a man's head that takes the shape of a yamaka and in a dark symphony seems to trick me everytime.
    The most puzzling thing about symphony-folk however, are their body measurents. I have never seen so many ill-proportioned people in the same room. Women with men's size shoes above fifteen are common as well as skinny bodies with a big thigh or a missing shin (also known as a neckle). There are also the pear-shaped folk that slide off their seats so easily and i always notice a disappointed look on their faces when they do so. For chairs were meant for people with flat backs.
    I once even saw a woman with no neck to speak of. She played the flute beautifully.
    If one ever attends a symphony and witnesses these things first hand, dont blert out things like "Look at that tuba player, she's shaped like a ham!" or "Man, the crotch on that lady must be hairy as shit!" Just sit back, laugh to yourself, or maybe tell the person next to you, because it is mean to make fun of symphony-folk.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I have been playing guitar for a while.

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

i do the music thing, but i am keeping it all a mystery.