Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Musicians?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bodice_ripper, Dec 3, 2001.

1. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

Any musicains / band members? What do y'all play?

2. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

I play drums....and some other instruments from early childhood i don't care to elaborate on....but drums are my thing
    no band nowadays, no time....
    but been in many a band, probably take some other guys up on their band starting offers soon as I get some time to have fun other than on 12oz....

frink is turning it back around.... what do YOU play?

3. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

i play guitar and bass.
    im in two bands, cats with hands and waiting for sirens.
    we play: indie? whatever.
    and i do a lotta songwriting:
    http://comp.me0w.net/gregacoustic.mp3
    thats a mediocre live recording from a talent show last week.(im sure colder will LOVE this one. ;) )

4. ~i~hear~voices~

~i~hear~voices~ New Jack

drummer here also..im currently trying to play the guitar...but i also sample....:D

5. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Guitar. Been looking for a drummer for 10 years, never found one. I take some solace in my failure to launch a band by making sound collages that most people find painful or horrible.

6. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Vocalist here.

I sound like the singers from Incubus, Hoobastank, Onesidezero..but I can sing a lot of types of music. Hardcore's my favorite.

7. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

i play guitar, violin (since age four, since given it up!), some bass (upright and electric), a little drummage for fun and various electronic stuff...

i had a band in 8th grade, we played one show.

i had a band throughout high school, we played about 3 shows.

i have a band now, were recording kinda...

i also have a 4 track, a drum machine and myself...i lay down drum tracks with it or a drum pad (i know, but i have fun), do a guitar track, and tune my guitar down for the bass...then the vocals...its a great time.

8. usedtolove

usedtolove New Jack

rap..and production sometimes

9. khaotic970

khaotic970 New Jack

i play the turntables man

10. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

Haha, me too....mannn we were pathetic......

Anyways I play bass, electric and acoustic. Thinkin bout starting a band....

11. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

http://www.kolstein.com/instruments/bass/b1472/b1472_3.jpg'>
    not this exact one, but this is what i play....
    this particular one is going for $20,000 on ebay...

12. GorbortOrman

GorbortOrman Guest

I used to play guitar, then I got into drum machines, and now im getting into electric stuff...

13. META

META New Jack

i started drum set in third grade
    around seventh grade i want to start writing songs, so i found a shitty guitar in the attick and taught myself
    i still play drums off and on, but guitars my thing
    i wish i could sing. i write good songs i think, and when i sing i think i sound good, but when i record im way off key and my voice is too low and raspy and nasaly and i kind of have a lisp sometimes
    im a decent lyricist, for any kind of music
    i write good rhymes for hip hop, but my voice isnt good
    im hella good at beatbox, no rahzel though
    i kind of want to learn to dj
    im kind of teaching myself piano because i think its the coolest thing on the planet.
    lately i just write songs for acoustic guitar and pretend that im singing.
    i used to have several bands, but i always left or kicked them out because im really anal about the way people play my songs, it has to be just right. when i can afford it im going to get a studio and be a one man thing like how trent reznor started off. maybe i can score one of those phat ass mics that make anyones voice sound smooth as butta.

14. beardo

beardo Guest

i play the triangle and the george forman grill

15. SATANS IRISH HELPERS

SATANS IRISH HELPERS Junior Member

I WAS IN A HARDCORE BAND CALLED SILENT MAJORITY

but we broke up