Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Music

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by eessee, Mar 15, 2002.

1. eessee

eessee Guest

what type of music do you listen to while piecing?
    i usually kill batteries listening to marsill some underground stuff..... what about you's people........ excuse my illiterate language hehe

:D

2. dirtysicks

dirtysicks Senior Member

3. dai

dai Senior Member

i'd rather keep my ears open to my surroundings, but if i was hittin a legal or a really chill spot i'd probably nod my head to some underground gangsta rap, hip hop, hard house techno, or maybe some blues. music goes with my mood so it all depends on what im feelin.

4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i keep my ears open , but if its hella chill.............a mix of hippity hop , aesop , del , liks , busdriver

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I keep all my senses in a state of cat-like readiness.......

6. TED NUGENT

TED NUGENT Senior Member

Rufus waneright i think thats spelled right,but anyway he is on point

7. CAPS

CAPS Member

...leagl vs. not

FOR ME

LEGAL: Steve Miller Band, Skynard, Pascal, Prodigy (the old shit, pre-sellout) Mykill Myers, Beastie Boys (some old bullshit or Pauls Btq.)

NOT LEGAL: nothing..... you should be on your toes. Unless it's the sound of your bro in your nokia earbud tellin you shits cool on the block.

My opinion. I could be wrong.

CAPS.. check the steelo.... your a half a quart low.

8. Apelles

Apelles Member

If I'm painting a really agressive piece, with lots of dark colors, sharp letter-forms etc., then it's some kind of hard-core. Poison The Well, Boy Sets Fire, Earth Crisis, Sky Came Falling, Cradle Of Filth(Nothing like it....Venus In Fear!!!), Bane, Evelyn, Fall Silent, From Autumn To Ashes, American Nightmare, Snapcase.....it goes on but it's really long......but if it's a happy, upbeat piece that's all bright and full of curves then.....oh wait, I don't do pieces like that. But if I did I would lsiten to Frank Sinatra. All of the above only applies to legals or super chill spots though.......anf fuck what you heard Frank Sinatra is the fucking king of Rock N' Roll!!!!!!

9. SHELLTOES

SHELLTOES Member

i got this tape of my girl talking dirty to me...... it works well.

10. DavidSilver

DavidSilver Junior Member

Goddamn you listen to some shitty bands.

Frank Sinatra is the only good thing you mentioned.

11. deformatron

deformatron Member

wesley willis. and coincidentally, that is the answer to every question ever.

12. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

every band you jsut listed is the worst band in HC but its what every other kid listens too now so you fit right in keep rockin hard playa

13. eessee

eessee Guest

yeah it really depends on what colors i'm doing when i piece like lights i listen to jazz and darks i listen to something heavy..... it always works it gets me in the "mood"..... it somehoe works but when bombing i usually humm so i'm on a flow mode so it comes out smooth but i try not to so i can be up with my suroundings..:crazy:

14. bastard ideals..........?

bastard ideals..........? New Jack

if its legal or real chill, it's straight coltrane. nothing else.
    if im bombing, usually anything from anticon or some drum n' bass.
    i can't hit trains with music though, those boxcars have a habit of sneaking up on you.

15. eessee

eessee Guest

that was freaking funny.....:D