music that you liked when you were little.

wiseguy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

hell yeah..through out the years i have been trying to bring up the old old skool shit and nobody knew who the fuck i was talkin about when i brought up a hippie that goes by the name, "RAFFI"!!!!!

1950's Rock and Roll

My parents were teenagers during WWII, and loved swing music. But in the '50s, it was people like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, Patti Page, the Lennon Sisters. Lawrence Welk. The older kids that I admired all listened to (and danced to) "45s". They took a special record player to play, because they had a real big spindle hole. They were played at 45 rpm. Rock and roll didn't start appearing in "album" format until Elvis Presley. Most of the rock and roll Greats never got shit for all their years of playing. Chuck Berry and all those guys. They got ripped off.

Guest Canadiano

raffi, public enemy, nwa, epmd, "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12!" (sesame street), gnr, michael jackson, madonna, whitney, banarama, bobby brown, and a shit load more, for real.

Guest Canadiano

Re: 1950's Rock and Roll

Originally posted by KaBar

My parents were teenagers during WWII, and loved swing music. But in the '50s, it was people like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, Patti Page, the Lennon Sisters. Lawrence Welk. The older kids that I admired all listened to (and danced to) "45s". They took a special record player to play, because they had a real big spindle hole. They were played at 45 rpm. Rock and roll didn't start appearing in "album" format until Elvis Presley. Most of the rock and roll Greats never got shit for all their years of playing. Chuck Berry and all those guys. They got ripped off.

that sucks.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by I Luv Roo

The Beatles. Mostly The Beatles.

me too, abbey road and sgt. peppers dailyness.

another big record for me when i was a kid

was the breakdance record with herbie hancock,

gmasterflash and kraftwerk..etc...

and michael jackson..

plus lots of cheese shit....i loved men at work..hall and oates..

asia....chaka kahn...billy ocean..heh..........tons of shit..

i was way into michael jackson..i had a beat it jacket and a

sequined glove, and we used to try and breakdance and

we would actually bmx around with this shit on..my best friend

also had the same jacket........

The Kinks,The Rolling Stones,The Yardbirds,and a few late 70's artists' like Rod Stewart,Asia,Toto,Hall and Oates,Kool and The Gang,and the J.Geils Band-also The Romantics-----around '85 is when I started listening to what is now "hip-hop"-Kurtis Blow,Grandmaster Flash,Sugarhill, and Run D.M.C.(when they first dropped).....haha.I remember seeing the premiere of New Editions' "Cool it Now" video an MTV.....that was when Martha Quinn was still the VJ.

Guest willy.wonka

i met 3 people last night that knew who RAFFI

IS..THIS GIRL STARTED SINGING.."i like to ite, ite, ite, ipples and baninis":lol:

Archived