Music in general

Guest ToYs

So anyone else feel like i do? music has a power that cant truly be understood for some reason, it can drive a man insane or make him passive as hell, it can join millions of people toghether with disregard of race, looks, or personality, it can bring a person off of the edge of a cliff or throw them over. why is this? its just soundwaves right? how can it effect almost EVERY person in the world if its just different sounds in a row. ask anyone what kind of music they like, im sure they prefer some kind of music. how can vibrations entering our ears effect society so much? no one really has an answer. if your like me you listen to music non-stop its gotten to the point that i can associate my memories with my cd collection... if i want to chill with my boy tyler that moved away a few months ago all i got to do is throw in the cd i happen to be listening to alot when i was chillin with him. try that some time: find a cd you havent listened to in a long time that you used to love throw it in and try not to remember what you were doing in your life as you listened to that cd for the first time... memories are only the first noticable thing about music... what about physical aspects? why is it fast and hard music makes you want to jump around and freak out and like reallly chilled music makes you just want to chill? why isnt it the other way around? ever tried to slam dance to bob marley? dosent work! there is so much more shit i can say but im sure half of you stoped reading way up there^ so if any of you have some music shit thats been eating at your brain spill it cause i just did.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man, western music is only the statr of it, look to other cultures that don't use the 12 tone scale for some truly out there sounds... my buddys family adopted up a bunch of indian babies so they had some indian cd, it was SO rad, like 4 chicks wailing and all these gongs and sitars, a beautiful cacophony (not like that Jason Becker band...)

thats what im saying man... notice how alot of cultures have they're "own sound"? how did that happen??? why is african american culture blamed for hip hop, why is ragae instantly associated with jamaca, why cant australia get rid of the digeri doo?*sp*

well, I don't think true music fans 'blame' anyone for starting styles but they are associated with where they come from... also, different cultures evolved with different materials and general ideas of what sounds good... like how Huston hip-hop sounds different than LA hip-hop sounds different than NYC hip-hop sounds different than Miami bass...

I mean, realize, nobody in the western world was ever really 'in tune' until the publication of the Well Tempered Clavier (12th century???) which FINALLY laid down some ground rules about what pitch corresponds to what frequency of vibration... until then you'd just poke some holes in a twig and hope that your 'flute' sounded good with everyone elses...

In India and other cultures, the 12 note division of notes was never even considered, some of their music is based on 1/4 1/8 or 1/32 TONES (not notes, which are essentially western inventions)... they have highly developed schools of music based on crazy divisions of the western scales...

Music is on some level outside of reality its some cool shit... Yo smart try to get the name of that band that does the indian stuff, i would be interested. I listen to way to much music. Its all i do, i cant imagine what life would be withought it. When my dad was a kid they would listen to the radio like once a week, they lived withought music, i dont see how thats possible...

oh man, I could never hook you up with that... it was like 10 years ago and it was some Indian top 40 collection... try Ravi Shankar for some indian sounds but that's pretty traditional, I dunno where you might look for Indian pop music though...

Originally posted by ..oX..

huh? cuz thats where that kind of music started.

yes but why did orignate there? why isnt england famous for ragae or suburban white kids for hip hop?

whenever me and my two hardcore weed smokin friends get together and blaze a blunt we listen to all the bone thugz weed songs..

for some reason i dont like just listenin to the music if im not smokin but when ever i hear a song i remember the exact spot where we smoke and everything comes back to me..

Archived