music download lawsuits

isor357

what ever happened with that shit? I havent heard anything lately. When the music industry started filing lawsuits against downloaders i started buying my music. Is this law still being enforced? Is there a good way to download music and not get caught up? Do people still Download music? I used to spend hours a week on Napster, it was fun and i discovered alot of good hip hop. Plus, there are CDs out there that i want but cant get.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fuck them, the best way to protect yourself from any trouble is to make sure your p2p software is kept up to date..... most pieces of software you download have an ip 'blocklist' which is basically a list of servers used by music companys and other ip addresses used by other agencys...... so if you keep this list updated then there is less of a chance of a comeback......

also, dont leave your pc connected to these networks for longer then you have to

how do you find out what is RIAA protected and what isnt. I have no desire to download any Metallica. Mostly Jazz, Rare MF Doom & KMD, maybe Drum and Bass Sets and other underground hip hop. Thats the Idea.....i want to be able to browse and find some new shit that i like. I dont mind paying for my music. I just want to sample a bit before i drop 20 on a compact disc.

Good looks Hopeizm, So basically what your saying is that you want to use the most recent software. Programs are modified and rereleased in order to update their p2p blocklist and protect their users. An outdated program may not be blocking the right shit or enough shit leaving you vulnerable.

Whats a good program then?

Just for clarity... Do you have to manually update the block list or do you just upload the new version when it becomes available that has the list built in already?

Originally posted by isor357@Apr 20 2005, 02:44 PM

Good looks Hopeizm, So basically what your saying is that you want to use the most recent software. Programs are modified and rereleased in order to update their p2p blocklist and protect their users. An outdated program may not be blocking the right shit or enough shit leaving you vulnerable.

Whats a good program then?

Just for clarity... Do you have to manually update the block list or do you just upload the new version when it becomes available that has the list built in already?

Yeah, I mean things like the old kazaa and that I wouldnt go near, but there are a lot of sites out there offering all types of programs to use... Personally I would update the program once a month. Because these programs are generally made by unprofessional developers that usually are not working for big companys so its kinda hard to debate on whats the best ones to use.... I prefer limewire at the moment....

As for blocklists you can usually download a new list file from the site that you downloaded the software it is your using, if you dont want to get too technical you could always just save your downloads/music and all your other goodies into a new folder and just download and reinstall a fresh copy of the software....

Hope this is of some help

Hopeskee.. Vulture From Lapland

Edit: Have a peek at these for more info!

http://www.p2punited.org/

http://www.webhazard.com/html/p2p_file_sharing.html

http://zeropaid.com/ <-----good site

I read an article on the subject and the people that they are really

after are people uploading Music of latest releases and whatnot.

They dont really care about the personal users downloading songs

THey are more interested in the source. Although The personal users

are the source. But what the fuck do i know I just read the dumb shit

that they publish these days. Im still downloading music on the daily like i

got that shit on a leash.