Music and Modern Media - cbc radio 3

Ski Mask

with all those projects the CBC funds, I knew they'd get it right sooner or later. Go check out the webmag they have going at http://www.cbcradio3.ca its fucking awesome. ass kicking photography, and lots of content. I poked through about a dozen issues and they have articles/interviews with: Beck, Buck65, DOA, Sonic Youth, The Herbalizer, Hot Hot Heat, Division Of Laura Lee, Manitoba, and the White Stripes. Most of them have about 4 or 5 live tracks from a recent performance.

Well designed. good content. dont sleep.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

i'm not so into most of those bands,

but good score nonetheless.

cbc is some good shit overall.

ese..if you haven't heard it yet,

check cbc radio for brave new

waves..usually on at midnight..top

drawer shat.

can't front on the cbc. they just usually don't manage to hit the mark when it comes to "new media" or youth oriented stuff. but they do hit it from time to time, and its usually really good. like Street Cents for example, or this. thats all. I only just found out about this the other day, cause one of my classmates had her photos from lebanon put together into a feature in one of the recent issues.

Flashback: In 1998 I was the subject of a one hour talkback on Radio 1. Good shit. Still have the tape somewhere. CBC radio overnight was also a favorite. loved hearing news programs from public radio in france or the netherlands.

Originally posted by BROWNer

about what?

can't forget the politico steez.

if ya don't know, ya better listen..

it was about the "politico steez" actually. An incident involving me and 7 other folks kind of hijacking one of mr. chretiens well crafted PR events. it was my 15 minutes so to speak. we embarassed the hell out of his security detail. I could have fully stabbed him in the neck before they were anywhere even close to getting to us. I think a few people got demoted over that one. The fallout a week after was even more bizzare. The provincial education minister was quoted in the paper as saying it reminded her of the RFK assasination as she watched it.

CAPiTA: CBC is many things. its basically like the BBC. They have a TV sation, 2 radio stations, and fund lots of arts initiatives for both . Radio3 is the on-line presence thats supposed to be an extension of the radio side of CBC.

Originally posted by ese

CAPiTA: CBC is many things. its basically like the BBC. They have a TV sation, 2 radio stations, and fund lots of arts initiatives for both . Radio3 is the on-line presence thats supposed to be an extension of the radio side of CBC.

Thanks ese. I hung out at that site for so long. Very, very cool.

• 2 months later...

Archived