Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Murderball

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_YEAHMANWORD, Jul 16, 2005.

1. imported_YEAHMANWORD

imported_YEAHMANWORD Member

I saw this movie on Thursday night with my girl.

It was a documentary on quadraplegics who play wheelchair rugby.

Really interesting and some of the quadraplegics are pretty funny. Pretty emotional at times.

It's worth it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/murderball/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"It's original, outrageous and murderous fun."
    -- Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE

3.5/4 "You're roused from your seats by men who aren't able to get up from theirs. How cool is that?"
    -- Gene Seymour, NEWSDAY

A "The filmmaking is as strong as the subject matter, with an elegant structure. And that's something that can't be said of every entry in this nonfiction boom."
    -- Lisa Schwarzbaum, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

3/4 "Even though Murderball founders in the sports department, it's a champ as a character-driven piece of entertainment."
    -- Lisa Rose, NEWARK STAR-LEDGER

4/4 "Murderball brilliantly captures the intensity of the little-known athletic competition, offering more intimacy and drama than most Hollywood sports movies."
    -- Claudia Puig, USA TODAY

3/4 "Murderball's most impressive blow is the one it strikes against feel-good stereotypes."
    -- Geoff Pevere, TORONTO STAR

"The personal and athletic dramas surrounding the team are sufficiently absorbing that you relate to Soares, Zupan and the film's other characters principally as charismatic, driven and often pigheaded guys locked in ruthless competition."
    -- Andrew O'Hehir, SALON.COM

3.5/4 "When it comes to sports movies, there's nothing like the real thing, and there's never been anything quite as real as the documentary Murderball."
    -- Jack Mathews, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

3.5/4 "The fast-moving, psychologically savvy Murderball treats its subjects not only with respect, but with humor."
    -- Lou Lumenick, NEW YORK POST

2. synaps

synaps Senior Member

been reading a couple articles about this recently. haventy seen the movie yet.

i'm a rugby player, so i bumped into it almost by accident

truly inspiring shit, (and fucking hardcore at that)

3. imported_YEAHMANWORD

imported_YEAHMANWORD Member

Yeah it was indeed a great film.

It's something that anyone can enjoy.

4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

5. Bumboclot.

Bumboclot. Member

I saw what I think was either an interview with the main character/star of the USA team or a long preview for the documentary. It seems like it's pretty dope, and I heard its not something that will make you feel sad for the disabled because supposedly the people in this aren't mad that they are stuck doing this game of theirs. I dunno though, I'll have to check it out.