Murderball

I saw this movie on Thursday night with my girl.

It was a documentary on quadraplegics who play wheelchair rugby.

Really interesting and some of the quadraplegics are pretty funny. Pretty emotional at times.

It's worth it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/murderball/

mptv1.gif

murderball_still2.jpg

"It's original, outrageous and murderous fun."

-- Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE

3.5/4 "You're roused from your seats by men who aren't able to get up from theirs. How cool is that?"

-- Gene Seymour, NEWSDAY

A "The filmmaking is as strong as the subject matter, with an elegant structure. And that's something that can't be said of every entry in this nonfiction boom."

-- Lisa Schwarzbaum, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

3/4 "Even though Murderball founders in the sports department, it's a champ as a character-driven piece of entertainment."

-- Lisa Rose, NEWARK STAR-LEDGER

4/4 "Murderball brilliantly captures the intensity of the little-known athletic competition, offering more intimacy and drama than most Hollywood sports movies."

-- Claudia Puig, USA TODAY

3/4 "Murderball's most impressive blow is the one it strikes against feel-good stereotypes."

-- Geoff Pevere, TORONTO STAR

"The personal and athletic dramas surrounding the team are sufficiently absorbing that you relate to Soares, Zupan and the film's other characters principally as charismatic, driven and often pigheaded guys locked in ruthless competition."

-- Andrew O'Hehir, SALON.COM

3.5/4 "When it comes to sports movies, there's nothing like the real thing, and there's never been anything quite as real as the documentary Murderball."

-- Jack Mathews, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

3.5/4 "The fast-moving, psychologically savvy Murderball treats its subjects not only with respect, but with humor."

-- Lou Lumenick, NEW YORK POST

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I saw what I think was either an interview with the main character/star of the USA team or a long preview for the documentary. It seems like it's pretty dope, and I heard its not something that will make you feel sad for the disabled because supposedly the people in this aren't mad that they are stuck doing this game of theirs. I dunno though, I'll have to check it out.