Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

murder? - Terry Schiavo ordeal

Discussion in 'News' started by sleepyceas2-, Mar 18, 2005.

1. sleepyceas2-

sleepyceas2- Junior Member

With a furious legal and political battle raging outside her hospice room, doctors removed Terri Schiavo's feeding tube Friday after a judge rebuffed an unprecedented attempt by Congress to keep the brain-damaged woman alive.

Schiavo, 41, could linger one to two weeks without the tube, provided no one intercedes and gets it reinserted — as happened twice before. Late Friday, the House committee that issued the subpoenas filed an emergency request at the U.S. Supreme Court, asking justices to reinsert Schiavo's feeding tube while the committee files appeals in the lower courts to have its subpoenas recognized.

Republicans on Capitol Hill used their subpoena power to demand that Schiavo be brought before a congressional hearing, saying removing the tube amounted to "barbarism." The attorney for Schiavo's husband shot back at a news conference, calling the subpoenas "nothing short of thuggery."

"It was odious, it was shocking, it was disgusting, and I think all Americans should be very alarmed about that," George Felos said.

The judge presiding over the case ruled in the husband's favor early Friday afternoon and rejected the request from House attorneys to delay the removal, which he had previously ordered to take place at 1 p.m. EST. Felos said Michael Schiavo was at his wife's side shortly after the tube was disconnected

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Moving to Crossfire and changing the thread title a little bit so it's a tad bit descriptive. Hope you don't mind.

3. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

When it's time to check out, it's time to check out. Everyone has the right to check out.

4. adderall

adderall Elite Member

its time for her to die

jesus

ive seen that wacky picture of her enough times on my favorite news sites

some people are just getting too emotional over this!

her husband says she didnt want to continue living if she was a vegetable - lets go ahead and let her pass on instead of just keeping her body alive while her mind is dead

5. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

All i can say is it were me id DEFINATELY want to pass away , Living in that state just isnt worth it .

6. sim-uh-tree

sim-uh-tree Member

i know this is a debate but, who in the world would say to keep her alive. i mean, shes like someone in jail for life, a drain on someone paper. sike, ill be serious, its better off she went, i seen her on tv, and it looked like she was biting her shoulder. theres nothing left in her brain, its a sin to see someone like that. pulling the plug was a great idea

7. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

ex. act. ly.

Why would someone want this woman to live like this for the rest of her life?>

8. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

how many of the people who want her kept alive support the death penalty

9. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

I meant to ask someone about what happened, but never got around to it, could someone fill me in on this story?

10. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

terri schiavo became a vegetable in the early 90's, her husband says she had mentioned to him that she would not want to be kept alive under such circumstances, her parents say she is not in fact brain dead. doctors say she is brain dead. at some point her husband had her life support stopped, court battles ensued, jeb bush the governor signed a law that provided for the re insertion of her feeding tube, i believe the law was overturned by a judge, now congress etc are involving themselves.

11. KiLL Or DiE

KiLL Or DiE Senior Member

Aight I kinda agree she has to go cause, theres no point in livin when you cant do shit (brain dead or whatever)..But then again.Think bout how much shes goin to suffer..Its goin to be a slow painfull death..I dont wanna comment to much on it but i just think its fuked up..

On another note..Last nite my B-I-Law was tellin bout some guy offerin the girls husband, a million dollars for him to change his mind and leave the tube..I dont think homeboy took the offer doe....I just got home a while ago and did the search..Last part of the article its really touching.. :( ..Here you go

*Edit* ARTICLE I FOUND ...
    Attorney: $1 million offer to Terri Schiavo's husband 'offensive'
    Friday 03.11.05 [12:28 pm]

Terri Schiavo's husband is rejecting a one (m) million dollar offer by a San Diego-area businessman who wants to keep the brain-damaged Florida woman alive.

Robert Herring announced yesterday he would pay Michael Schiavo the money if he transfers the legal right to decide his wife's medical treatment to her parents. For nearly seven years, he's been fighting to get permission to stop his wife's artificial feedings so she can die. Her parents oppose removing the feeding tube.

The businessman said yesterday the offer will remain on the table until Monday, but Schiavo's attorney is calling the proposition "offensive."

He says other such offers -- including one for 10 (m) million dollars -- have already been made and rejected by Schiavo, who contends he once promised his wife he would not keep her alive by artificial means before she suffered severe brain damage 15 years ago. (Source: KESQ News)

So now the question must be asked - What is Mr. Schiavo afraid of? Does he fear that therapy may allow Ms Schiavo to tell what really happened to her 15 years ago? Was Terri's condition really caused the way he said it was???

The one thing I cannot understand about this case is why Mr. Schiavo won't let Terri's parents assume guardianship of their daughter. It would be a simple matter to divorce her and let Terri's family take over her care. They don't even want any of the settlement money Mr. Schiavo recieved in his malpractice suit. And after all, Mr. Schiavo has already started another family with his current live-in lover. Why can't he just move on?

The sad truth of this story is that Terri Schiavo is not being kept alive by any heroic means. No machines are involved. She only has a feeding tube attached three times a day - otherwise she is on her own. And a vast majority of doctors believe Terri would be able to eat on her own if she was allowed therapy. By Mr. Schiavo's logic we should kill every man, woman, child, and infant who are not able to feed themselves.

So next Friday, Terri Schiavo not be allowed to eat. She will starve to death. The starvation process will be a slow and painful death. Mr. Schiavo, his rat-faced attorney, and judge Greer should all be forced to sit in Terri's room 24 hours a day from the time the feeding tube is taken away to however long it takes Terri to starve to death. Let them witness the the result of their actions. What would be real justice would be to deprive all three of them food and water while they're on this death watch.

12. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

^^^^If she's a vegetable, she's probably not going to suffer much. I doubt they're going to find the most painful and slow way to cut off her support.

13. sleepyceas2-

sleepyceas2- Junior Member

she doesnt eat the same way an average person would or process it the same either, as in chew. so the took out the tube that is in her throat that pumps all of the vital nutrients and foods into her body.

once they removed it they say it will take at least one week for her to die.

14. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Fucking A, what is with these people? The woman, for all intents and purposes, is dead. She's not going to come back, she's not going to wake up, nothing's going to happen to her. Before she got this way, she told her husband that she didn't want to be kept alive. I think he knows better than anyone what she wanted, so let him decide what happens.

15. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Whoa buddy you need to either read the case history, or not make such ignorant comments.
    Theres no 'Conspiracy' by her husband to cover up anything , it is public and documented case by the courts , she suffered a massive heart attack 15 years ago and has gotten progressively worse since .

The Question people are arguing over is "Did/does she want to live or die , and who is best suited to make that decision' ?
    Her husband is not just going to let her family take over because HE is sure she wants to die......esp after all this time and effort he has put into it over the last 15 years , not to mention she still was his damn wife . And her family wants to keep her alive bc theyre holding on to an unrealistic hope that she's not brain damaged and might recover.

Its not going to happen , she's only going to get worse. The best doctors in the entire USA have been trying and testing her for 15 years to help her get better. She's not , theres too much damage done and theres nothing anyone can do . She is only going to get worse . Period.

Her death will be painless , she's nearly braindead . and as stated before theyre not going to let her just die painfully. Her death will be assisted by medication Obviously .

The Conflict now is that Politicians are getting involved , both state and federal courts as well . Which is going to make it a case about VOTES , and not about the best chioce for Terri Schiavo.