Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Much to do about SideBusting

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by nocalfr8tr, Mar 7, 2002.

1. nocalfr8tr

nocalfr8tr Member

Okay, okay, so, what is it with this sidebusting dilemma that gets so many of us up in arms. most trains are usually around 45-70 feet long and can fit about 3-4 nice size pieces on them, if you utilize all the space efficiently. knowing how expensive it is to travel and meet other writers, sometimes its nice to have an opportunity to bust with someone besides your krew, a taste of variety. i can understand if someone does an end to end and you bust over some guys piece just to be involved with a good writer on a freight, and end up having quite a few people heated at you. but if some guy does a, say, the left panel of a boxcar, and the right is perfectly clean, then i feel you should have the right to bust on that clean panel. i never see freights as a territorial thing. if i bust a panel, i'd love to see a good piece busted on the other side someday. i usually paint with my entire krew so i rarely have the opportunity to do this, infact, i never have. but if the chance came, knowing skill level is of course up to par, i'd enjoy taking it. so, what are your thoughts, feelings, experiences? Let us all know!!

Asian Girls - Oh Yeah!!

2. amorphic

amorphic Guest

i never go over people, simply because most people are better than me.

3. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

if theres an open panel and there are no other options, its catching it.

bottom line.

4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

mee too , paint wherever the fuck you want , who cares .......

why if every light is dark do i continue dancing

5. Merdle

Merdle Guest

I sidebusted u once chozer, it had to be done...:crazy:

6. BIG T

BIG T Member

no problem here with side busting... ive done my share and find it interesting to see who has done it to me...:cool:

7. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

who the fuck is anyone kidding ? Any fr8head who looks down on sidebusting deserves to be sidebusted. Last time I checked none of us paid for any of the cars we paint, unless someone is renting out panels and i didn't know about it. Bottom line is when i need a spot and its there, i'm taking it. who the fuck is anyone to be insulted that someone else painted next to them...as long as you're respecting what is already up, then taking advantage of a clean panel to do what you need to do is just reality. if it ever gets to the point where we have to fight for space on the rails then we'll re-evaluate the situation then...till then, don't paint over anyone and bust your shit beside whoever the fuck you want...maybe you'll be famous one day.

8. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

the whole thing aobut the trains and open panel is basicly the same as a wall would you not put somthing up on a wall cause there was someone else a few feet down no it wouldent even cross your mind usualy so same thing should apply to trains

9. Agent Uprise

Agent Uprise New Jack

why if every light is dark do i continue dancing

well if it aint finally a question worth answering

10. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

do i know you??

11. another loser

another loser Elite Member

i hit up next to scar a few weeks before i met up and painted with him, he was cool with it, people need to chill the fuck out about that shit. just paint.
    freights before this year, i couldnt tell you who was on the other end of me, some i know there was no one, but some had a few peices.
    i didnt do the car because of who was on it, but because no one was on the end i hit.
    whatever tho.
    im just a toy.

12. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH TRUST EVIL, ON THIS ONE...IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE HITTING THE OTHER PANEL, YOUR'E A STRAIGHT UP'' DEXTER''...

13. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

i don't side bust and expect the same from other people.

14. Merdle

Merdle Guest

..nope..

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

can someone explain to me how anyone could think they 'owned' an empty panel, just because they were on the other one? why is this even discussed?