Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MTV

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by deadlydnut, May 30, 2002.

1. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

Almost every other music video now is show some graffiti, mainly on purpose some of it is good some of it is horrible, some are blowing chill spots..This is all music videos, mtv also has these fucked up commercials with these retards blowing chill spots....If I catch them in my yard I'll break their fucking cameras...

2. seno.oner

seno.oner Guest

they dont come around cleveland to much, theres not much of an "MTV atmosphere" here

3. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

what commercials??

4. Esai

Esai Member

I hate when I see stupid Goofball pretty boy rock bands doin videos in grimey spots I love like the LA river.They filmed that JArule/Jlo video in my old neighborhood which tripped me out cuz its all brown around there and any fool who looked like Ja rule would get stomped the fuck down.Pussy ass posers.I heard it was all blocked off and no one was allowed around the shooting of the video.Im no racist,but I hate fucken black rappers and videos that use the brown varrios and lowriders in their videos and show us no love.Theyre all like "Inglewood,Pasadena,Compton,Long Beach,SouthCentral,etc" all day where do you think that gangsta shit started? where do you think blue chucks and Khakis come from? What about Eastlos,Sgv.etc?Its bad enough that the TV/Film industry doesnt recognize us unless were a blond spaniard,but fuck, I'd think the brothas would recognize us,a few do like pac and the Eastsidas.For all you who dont know its the brown brothers who really bust that gangsta shit In LA,dont be fooled

5. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

im sure they play a lot of the same videos on bet? as for blowing up spots...i really dont think Joe Consumer is gonna go paint your spot because he saw it ina video. and i might be wrong, but i dont know if the vandal squad watches bet or mtv. id think theyd be more on some of that CMT typa shit.

6. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

i was flipping channels a while back and caught a pretty slick country video on CMT...this guy was all riding on a freight train that consisted of a boxcar, a flatcar, and a tanker....the whole video he was just on the flat car or in the boxcar singing as the train rolled across some plains...they gotta incorporate some of that shit into these 'hiphop' videos now adays....

7. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

i remember seeing some gay ass fags singing in the LA River the other day.

Esai have you seen that one Dirty Vegas?? video? they filmed it out Cronies Pastrami & Hot Dogs on Whittier BLVD. By nicolas. It has some black dude break dancing. The song sucks so if you watch it mute it.

8. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

The only music video with decent graff I've seen is Alicia Keys "What a woman's worth". Had the "Poison Limbo" mural by Smith and Sane. Very dope... I actually have flicks of it :cool:

9. Esai

Esai Member

No shit, about cronies? I ve gone ther since I was a baby.Fucken stringbean lurch still adds up your total in his head.It seems like hollyweird is on the whole chicano cholo style trend but they still dont give us credit.Aye pistol what do you think of the pocos pero locos shit? It seems to me that these guys need to innovate somewhat how they bust,its too cliched and redundant.

10. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

If I'm not mistaken the band is called "The Calling". When I saw it I almost punched a whole in my wall.......

Doesn't the new Alicia Keys video have a Reas piece in it? I don't kknow I've only seen it once......

11. wutangbanger

wutangbanger Member

yea i know am sick of this fuckin bull shit with graff on all the music videos. i saw a blink 182 song with graff on the walls that shit was horrible ugly and shit shit pisses me off tho..

12. SayOne

SayOne Guest

they do that cuz graffiti justifies there "ghettoness" or to let em know there "DOWN"..dick riding faggots get no love

13. Gyro_One

Gyro_One Guest

MTV is all about dick riding, the only reason that those pussy fags put graff in their videos is cuz its a desperate attempt to be accepted and not get the shit mauled out of them when they step outta there tour busses, fuck em.

14. Esai

Esai Member

Actually I think my homeboy did all the tagging in theBlink 182 video,I think it was some uti stuff.I remember cuz he was laughing at how they paid them lots of cash and specifically wanted tagging.Im not sure though,is it a mansion all mobbed up?

15. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

yeah, some old looking mansion. tags all over the pillars and whatnot