Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MTV BLOWS..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by shameless self promotion, Mar 20, 2002.

1. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Im sorry but im so sick of the usual bullshit on mtv, there is nothing good on that fuckin channel anymore..all nsync hyped kiddie bands mixed with the same old rap tunes day after day, and fuckin a...the only time music is on the fuckin channel is at 3am in the morning..other than that they have shit like FEAR and road rules and bullshit pussy ass shit like that.
    MTV...?
    trust me that m does not stand for music..

FUCKEM.:mad:

2. omone

omone Member

the M is for MONEY

KILL YOUR TV

3. beardo

beardo Guest

i pray to god that this is not true.

> NEW YORK CITY, NY - On Monday, MTV Productions announced that it would
    > be filming a documentary this summer that follows the life of four
    > college graduates on their way to the "Woodstock of the Jambands" in
    > Tennessee.
    >
    > "We're looking to combine the ideas and success of our "Real World"
    > and
    > "Road Rules" series into one show that centers around the concert
    > experience," said MTV coordinator of new series, Kevin Springs. "After
    > all we are MTV and this is music, so this just makes sense on so many
    > levels and with the early success of "The Osbournes", its evident our
    > audience enjoys seeing documentary-type productions with the focus on
    > the music industry. With all the negative attention that centered
    > around
    > the last Woodstock, we're hoping this will show people that there can
    > still be peace, love and music," finished Springs.
    >
    > The festival will take place just outside Manchester, TN on June 21st,
    > 22nd and 23rd, 2002 , the Bonnaroo Music Festival will be a three-day
    > camping-and-music extravaganza offering a rich and varied celebration
    > of
    > the live music experience. The festival grounds are southeast of
    > Nashville on a peaceful 500-acre farm. The event will bring together
    > some of the biggest acts in the Jamband industry, including Widespread
    > Panic, Trey Anastasio, String Cheese Incident, Dave Matthews Band, and
    > many others. http://www.bonnaroo.com
    >
    > MTV will be touring select college campuses this spring in order to
    > find
    > a group of four college co-eds to shoot, in what should be another hit
    > MTV production, the series. The four lucky participants will be
    > provided
    > with a fully furnished RV as well as money to cover their expenses.

4. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

Jamband industry? haha even thats an industry now...

5. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

that sounds like one shitty ass series...the osbornes is great though.

6. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

You think you've got it bad? Try living up here.

1. The main music station is MuchMusic. Just like MTV, except they are REQUIRED to play as much Canadian content as they can. And since there are NO good Canadian bands, well, you get the picture....

2. I have digital cable and get MTV. Problem is, it's MTV Canada. Literally all we get are shitty shows like Fanatic and Cribs, and the only videos they play are on Select, which plays the same 10 videos 5 times a day, 7 days a week.

Video killed the radio star......

7. NATO

NATO Guest

8. shameless self promotion

Shit, good eye beardo...that fuckin blows..

I saw both Trey Anastasio and the String Cheese Incident up in wolftrap, they were both great great great shows...

Imagine all the frat boy meat heads, and dumbasses who will be sporting string cheese shirts and shit after that show comes out...

It will be sad....its not like i dont hear the string cheeese rendition of gin and juice at every fuckin party, and kids goin, ooh dude i love this band theyre so fat...

And uh yeah, what other songs do you know by them?
    Yeah thats what i thought...

I hate people.

Ps. Keller williams is my hero.
    :D (deliver the kidney.)

9. beardo

beardo Guest

you da man, shameless. hitting any shows this summer?

cool party trick: when they put on gin and juice, inform them that its actually 'the gourds' playing it, and watch the smile fall from their faces, and the SCI shirt fly off their back. no more dumb SCI fans

tah dah!

i really hope this mtv show is a hoax. really really really.

10. nipples-galore

nipples-galore Elite Member

kill it now!

11. shameless self promotion

Beardo.

Im still trying to learn everything i can about the music, a friend got me into stuff like bela fleck and shit about a year and a half ago..
    You heard the blue grass sessions? good stuff...

ALSO, check out dj Harry "the string cheese incident remix project" i really liked it.

any recomendations?

Oh yeah, and i prolly will try to get to anything in my area...

You remember when string cheese(i believe it was the show, while back, it had alot of people with em) had the guy in the background painting while they played, he had like a huge giant broom like dealie and busted out this big ass portrait of jimmi hendrix? Maybe it was just for the specific show i saw, but it was pretty damn sweet.

12. aederone

aederone Member

i hate mtv... but the osbournes is good... i'm gonna make a drinking game....every time theres a "bleep" you hafta drink...:dazed:

13. backcountrywriter

backcountrywriter Member

Hate to break it to you friend but MTV has blown for many years

14. beardo

beardo Guest

i usually cant stand remix albums, but ive heard nothing but rave reviews about that dj harry disc. i'll have to check it out.

i still need to hear bela fleck, is 'the bluegrass sessions' the name of an album? let me know which one to get, cus i really dont know where to start, i'll walk out the door right now and pick it up. ive heard they have a really good live album out, whats that one called?

i dont really know of any other 'jamband' albums that would be good to pick up, honestly. i pretty much stick to phish and dead if im going to buy something. i have a few SCI, umphreys mcgee, and disco biscuits shows, but no albums from them, other than sci 'carnival 99'.

drop me an email, maybe i could try to hook you up with some live stuff.

15. ODW

ODW Member

i stopped watching mtv 5 years ago. its horrible now, it used to be so tight. im glad im so ignorant to its programming now...its all bullshit. whatever happened to YO!, headbanger's ball, rude awakening, and jams? remember oddities? the head was a dope show. then they had just weird shit like dead at 21, aeon flux, and the maxx, but it was all good cuz it was different. i actually miss the old mtv it was good entertainment that actually showed music videos. now its seems like a hipper WB.

BET is goin the same way. BET sucks ever since MTV bought it out. 106 and park is just horrible and i totally saw i show like that comin since the bought out. i cant believe they dissed tavis smily like that, he was so great to watch. the basement is just wack now, but that probably has to do more with the fact that mainstream hip hop music is really fuckin wack now. there used to be some funny ass shows on BET, especially "sparks." needless to say iv quit with BET all together now too.