MTV BLOWS..

Im sorry but im so sick of the usual bullshit on mtv, there is nothing good on that fuckin channel anymore..all nsync hyped kiddie bands mixed with the same old rap tunes day after day, and fuckin a...the only time music is on the fuckin channel is at 3am in the morning..other than that they have shit like FEAR and road rules and bullshit pussy ass shit like that.

MTV...?

trust me that m does not stand for music..

FUCKEM.:mad:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beardo

i pray to god that this is not true.

> NEW YORK CITY, NY - On Monday, MTV Productions announced that it would

> be filming a documentary this summer that follows the life of four

> college graduates on their way to the "Woodstock of the Jambands" in

> Tennessee.

>

> "We're looking to combine the ideas and success of our "Real World"

> and

> "Road Rules" series into one show that centers around the concert

> experience," said MTV coordinator of new series, Kevin Springs. "After

> all we are MTV and this is music, so this just makes sense on so many

> levels and with the early success of "The Osbournes", its evident our

> audience enjoys seeing documentary-type productions with the focus on

> the music industry. With all the negative attention that centered

> around

> the last Woodstock, we're hoping this will show people that there can

> still be peace, love and music," finished Springs.

>

> The festival will take place just outside Manchester, TN on June 21st,

> 22nd and 23rd, 2002 , the Bonnaroo Music Festival will be a three-day

> camping-and-music extravaganza offering a rich and varied celebration

> of

> the live music experience. The festival grounds are southeast of

> Nashville on a peaceful 500-acre farm. The event will bring together

> some of the biggest acts in the Jamband industry, including Widespread

> Panic, Trey Anastasio, String Cheese Incident, Dave Matthews Band, and

> many others. http://www.bonnaroo.com

>

> MTV will be touring select college campuses this spring in order to

> find

> a group of four college co-eds to shoot, in what should be another hit

> MTV production, the series. The four lucky participants will be

> provided

> with a fully furnished RV as well as money to cover their expenses.

You think you've got it bad? Try living up here.

1. The main music station is MuchMusic. Just like MTV, except they are REQUIRED to play as much Canadian content as they can. And since there are NO good Canadian bands, well, you get the picture....

2. I have digital cable and get MTV. Problem is, it's MTV Canada. Literally all we get are shitty shows like Fanatic and Cribs, and the only videos they play are on Select, which plays the same 10 videos 5 times a day, 7 days a week.

Video killed the radio star......

Shit, good eye beardo...that fuckin blows..

I saw both Trey Anastasio and the String Cheese Incident up in wolftrap, they were both great great great shows...

Imagine all the frat boy meat heads, and dumbasses who will be sporting string cheese shirts and shit after that show comes out...

It will be sad....its not like i dont hear the string cheeese rendition of gin and juice at every fuckin party, and kids goin, ooh dude i love this band theyre so fat...

And uh yeah, what other songs do you know by them?

Yeah thats what i thought...

I hate people.

Ps. Keller williams is my hero.

:D (deliver the kidney.)

Guest beardo

you da man, shameless. hitting any shows this summer?

cool party trick: when they put on gin and juice, inform them that its actually 'the gourds' playing it, and watch the smile fall from their faces, and the SCI shirt fly off their back. no more dumb SCI fans

tah dah!

i really hope this mtv show is a hoax. really really really.

Beardo.

Im still trying to learn everything i can about the music, a friend got me into stuff like bela fleck and shit about a year and a half ago..

You heard the blue grass sessions? good stuff...

ALSO, check out dj Harry "the string cheese incident remix project" i really liked it.

any recomendations?

Oh yeah, and i prolly will try to get to anything in my area...

You remember when string cheese(i believe it was the show, while back, it had alot of people with em) had the guy in the background painting while they played, he had like a huge giant broom like dealie and busted out this big ass portrait of jimmi hendrix? Maybe it was just for the specific show i saw, but it was pretty damn sweet.

Guest beardo

i usually cant stand remix albums, but ive heard nothing but rave reviews about that dj harry disc. i'll have to check it out.

i still need to hear bela fleck, is 'the bluegrass sessions' the name of an album? let me know which one to get, cus i really dont know where to start, i'll walk out the door right now and pick it up. ive heard they have a really good live album out, whats that one called?

i dont really know of any other 'jamband' albums that would be good to pick up, honestly. i pretty much stick to phish and dead if im going to buy something. i have a few SCI, umphreys mcgee, and disco biscuits shows, but no albums from them, other than sci 'carnival 99'.

drop me an email, maybe i could try to hook you up with some live stuff.

i stopped watching mtv 5 years ago. its horrible now, it used to be so tight. im glad im so ignorant to its programming now...its all bullshit. whatever happened to YO!, headbanger's ball, rude awakening, and jams? remember oddities? the head was a dope show. then they had just weird shit like dead at 21, aeon flux, and the maxx, but it was all good cuz it was different. i actually miss the old mtv it was good entertainment that actually showed music videos. now its seems like a hipper WB.

BET is goin the same way. BET sucks ever since MTV bought it out. 106 and park is just horrible and i totally saw i show like that comin since the bought out. i cant believe they dissed tavis smily like that, he was so great to watch. the basement is just wack now, but that probably has to do more with the fact that mainstream hip hop music is really fuckin wack now. there used to be some funny ass shows on BET, especially "sparks." needless to say iv quit with BET all together now too.

Sounds good beardo, ill drop you a line

Bela Fleck, "The Bluegrass Sessions: Tales From The Acoustic Planet Volume 2"

and i believe there is a volume one, this is pretty good bluegrass, if your into it, really no lyrics on the songs, just playing, songs go for 5-8 mins...

I love to listen to it and chill, its good stuff, may not be your preference though, if i can get it off the discs i got ill send em your way.

As for the live album, ihavent heard it yet, but am trying to find it...ill let you know when i do.

disco biscuts...i have some of thier stuff, its pretty damn good..

I got class but ill send ya an email later. peace.

...beardo, we are on that bus!!.....tell you enjoy myself, and any other heads we can scrounge up....

seriously, imagine the absolute chaos that we could create, while completely destroying the production from the inside out...it would be perfect, the complete un-mtv response....

oh man.....i would paint mtv sucks on the side of the bus and punch out the producer....swallowing drugs by the handful, picking up everyone on our way down...a whole 12oz hippie fest....like the merry pranksters, but with rusto....and dont forget about the show, that would be the freshest part....

hijackers of mtv productions....

then after the show, we find carson daily and tar and feather him and hang him in the middle of times sqaure...:D

is anyone old enough to remember when mtv was the shit?

MTV can suck a fart straight outta my ass they always have the same sorry shit on there every fucken day its nsync this backstreet that...they always have someone on cribs like what the fuck is the point of showin us these peoples houses we aint never gonna get to go inside and it just shows us how really poor we are...and real world what kind of cockamamie ish is this number one if its so real why are there no fat people and two they dont have any REAL black peoples on there so i just say fuck the whole experience also they never play any real music everything they play is pretty much crap and when they do play something good its at the ass crack of the morning...arrrgh!! i just cant stand it......

oh and before i go am i alone in saying FUCK CARSON DALY!!!! FUCK HIM RIGHT IN THE EAR!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guest ThePrankster
Originally posted by footsoldier

that sounds like one shitty ass series...the osbornes is great though.

:D hahaha that show is great, they sold there dog cuz he was pissin' and shittin' and fuckin' up everything, if my dog did that i'd beat him! i'm not even kidding

i know a kid that was walkin his dog in ninth grade and this other dog ran up to him. the other dog wouldnt stop so the dude kicked him in the head. the dog just fell over and died. it was pretty funny cuz we drew a comic strip about it in math class.

I watched MTV when it first came out. It was actually ALL MUSIC VIDEOS, 24/7, one after another, with the rare ten-minute news break. It was pretty cool. I remember one hot summer day sitting inside sweltering and watching "No One Like You" by Scorpions plus some Def Leppard and Motley Crue and Billy Idol and U2 and other shit.

Yes I'm very old :(

Archived