MSN is fucked....

T.T Boy

o.k, this is kind of stupid but yuo know that instant message system from msn, well if any of you have it.. i gotta problem... ive scanned everything for viruses.. and found out nothing... but when im talking to someone... these stupid happyfaces... just like the ones on this board just keep popping up and im not sendin them.. any one got any ideas????

------------------

who let the dogs out?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

step 8>>>> thanks for the reply, hmmm now i have to figure out how to do that, im not that great at computers...any tips? i have a feeling it was sent to me through one of those msn file severyone seems to send oh, just for that im gonna update sell that ass...

------------------

who let the dogs out?

if it did come through a file, it probably was a trojan.. try and get the most up to date virus scanner as possible, or get a scanner called "The Cleaner" its pretty good.. of course if this person was really tricky he modified the trojan so its undetectable, in that case, u may have some trouble... as for looking for the open ports, as soon as u connect to the web, go to a command prompt and type netstat -a ..that will tell u all the ports u have listening, there should be no ports listening, other then like 138, 137, 139..

[This message has been edited by Step8 (edited 06-16-2001).]

Step 8> thanks alot, youve been a great help, now to try out those theories... thanks again, youve been a great help... fuck, this pisses me off, dont people have better shit to do than make viruses???

------------------

who let the dogs out?

you have to remember a trojan isnt a virus, its a backdoor, which allows someone to steal all your passwords, and basically control your computer. Used responsibly they can be useful ( a friend found out his girl was cheating on him) .. but at the same time they can cause some serious damage, as some people are stupid and like to format Hard Drives, and use your computer to attack other networks. If you want i can try to help you remove it... ICQ me: 49580779

[This message has been edited by Step8 (edited 06-16-2001).]

Originally posted by Step8:

you have to remember a trojan isnt a virus, its a backdoor, which allows someone to steal all your passwords, and basically control your computer. Used responsibly they can be useful ( a friend found out his girl was cheating on him) ..

thats kool

Archived