MSK-AWR History....

Young Einstein

I've always had a great appreciation for these crews, but have taken a much larger interest after seeing all the photos collectively in the Bench. The thing is I know very little about the crews other than the writers who are in them..... It sort of sucks that graffiti writers don't have history books that they can go back to and trace how crews were formed and how the different styles emerged.... I thought it was great being able to read how BA came about, on their website.....

I was hoping that the writers on here who have a grasp on the history of these crews could take the time to tell the story......

What's the difference between the two? Who started them, and where? Who runs them, if anyone?........ and so forth.... thanks.... and skip the badgering please.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest lab rat

mass appeal issue 11 has an article all on msk/awr.. even though i think mass appeal is a piece of shit magazine, that should give you all the info you want.

Guest 5starstyle
Originally posted by ASER1NE

I AM OLD EINSTIEN , I CREATED THE THEOORY OF RELATIVITY , I KNOW EVERYTHING ..............BUT I WILL NOT DIVULGE IT TO YOU INFIDELS

...good call

Originally posted by lab rat

AWR is for Angels Will Rise, not Art Work Rebels.. thanks for wasting my time.

You win the dipshit/toy award of the year. Your runner up is Blowhole. You two should get together for an all-star graffiti party. And Slimeball, yes, Grime is the shit.

Originally posted by Secret

Fugazi, not everybody is fortunate enough to be a internet dork and know all the graffiti gossip about who or what is from where... give the kid a break.

Uhhhh I'd say if you learn about graffiti on the internet you're knowledge is going to be 80% shit, while mine is a mere 25% shit. That didn't make sense, but my point is I don't (and didn't) learn about graffiti via the internet. And when people say things like "Thanks for wasting my time" when someone was giving them some real info, they deserve to be torn apart. Especially on 12 oz. :rolleyes:

Well if this kid lives in Wyoming or some shit, I wouldn't expect him to know who these writers are without some kind of outside resource. Sure, some people on this site are complete idiots, but there's more important things to know than where people are from, or what someone else's crew stands for...

Well if this kid lives in Wyoming or some shit, I wouldn't expect him to know who these writers are without some kind of outside resource. Sure, some people on this site are complete idiots, but there's more important things to know than where people are from, or what someone else's crew stands for...

??? so if you're from wyoming, we all have to hold your little hand and walk you through graffiti? what city are YOU from? that's gotta be some midwest type shit, becuase any writer raised ina real city has long since been cured of the disease you are suffering from: the "aww, poor baby" disease. who gives a fuck where he's from? he got cocky and tried to front like awr meant only angels will rize and that the person who CORRECTLY gave him an answer to his question was wrong because it said art work rebels. when your suck at graff, dont know shit, and ask gay ass questions like "whats the history of awr" and THEN have the temerity to get cocky out of your OWN ignorance, you deserved to get mocked mercilessly. if this purely just result really irks you and the otehr 'defenders of wyoming', maybe you should post on a kinder gentler board, like phish.com or something.

Sure, some people on this site are complete idiots....

Nuff said. I still don't think blowhole deserved to get bitched at just for asking a damn question, and yes I do agree that lab rat's comment was retarded. Me? From the midwest? I'm from LA.... it's really the last place anybody will get special treatment. LA writers are breeded rough and tough.

:)

Originally posted by donniefrisco

>>>>>>>LOS ANGELES<<<<<<

++++++213.818.805.310++++++

Thats all you really need to know...

d.frisco, did you remember seeing the 118FWY when MSK first came out. there was a bridge bombed on the outside ledge by GKAE, with the whole rollcall of their new crew. it was the highest bridge along the 118. the rollcall started at the end of the bridge, and went halfway out on the bridge. that shit was nuts!

Originally posted by remote

d.frisco, did you remember seeing the 118FWY when MSK first came out. there was a bridge bombed on the outside ledge by GKAE, with the whole rollcall of their new crew. it was the highest bridge along the 118. the rollcall started at the end of the bridge, and went halfway out on the bridge. that shit was nuts!

yep...118 was crushed for a minute...At one point every ledge was hit...

Also the 101 in the valley...Siva, chunk,fate, gank had that shit locked...Chuck used to does those did Knifes next to his bombs, also he would do that wheelchair character...This was like 93'...Do you remember their other crew TGS (the graveyard shift)...HAWK hitting the back of every billboard of the 101...MAD SOCIETY KINGS billboard...God Dam...MSK crushed the valley...specially after the Northridge Earthquake...Ahhhhh memories....

Oh and gank doing fills on Heavens, like 3 in a row by the 405/101 interchange....

Archived