Moving

RumPuncher

I think it might be time to move.

Here's some backstory

I'm living in a nice place with a nice girl who's a good friend of mine, but she's a bit messy. The place is great, with a big deck and everything, but it's right on this main street in the trendy area and it's starting to drive me insane. Without any bit of exageration, there's 2000+ people walking right under my bedroom window every nice day durring the summer. There's bars everywhere and with that, there's always something to do, but there's also the temptation to party every night. Recently, that's not a appealing as it used to be.

So the place is nice, but I have the smallest, hottest and loudest bedroom I've ever had. We dont controll the heat, so it's scorcing hot all year round. The neighbours upstaris have been a pain in the yass for as long as I can remember. (yes.. the hippies) So I've been thinking that it's time to move.

I get a call from a good friend last night telling me his old appt is coming up for rent in a few months. This is a really nice one bedroom that's a bit more out of the way. Well.... it's in the rougher section of town, but for those that know my city, know it's also the most interesting part of town. The rent will be a few hundred bucks more a month, but it's still not bad for a one bedroom. AND my buddy and his wife live in the appt upstairs, so I'm already good friends with the future neighbours. Plus it's no further away from where I work. AND there's a yard.

Now here's the hard part: How do I break it to my current roomie that I want to move?

She's been talking about buying a condo, and she knows that I'm not that happy with the where I am now, but I still would feel like I was 'dumping' a friend by moving out and forcing her to either move out too or to find a new roomate. Damn... I should just tell her like it is.

Moving stories - Share them

What is your place like now and would you move?

What do you look for in a new spot?

How can a roomate relationship be ended with tact?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I always wondered when you were going to crack. Having been to your place, I can honestly say that it's quite nice, but there is no doubt that living around that many bars might be detrimental. And all that noise..

Not to mention that even I have smoked spliffs directly behind your house in the alley. I've half expected you to come out wearing a ratty robe, holding a broomstick, telling us to get the hell out of there.

I think I have a clue as to where you're going to move. If it fits the criteria you're looking for, ie good neighbours, the yard, et cetera, then go for it. Are you looking for a quieter pad, too?

I am ready to quit the lifestyle.

People who know me know that I've been trying to give it up for years

but it's so easy to get pulled back in when you live so close to such retardedness.

Plus the will power to resist it is low.

haha...I love living in the 'rougher' parts of this city. cause they are so not rough at all.

Be selfish. You live in a tiny furnace so...tell your friend you gotta go. If she already knows you arent happy then...no use draging it out.

I have the mother of all moving stories. (well maybe not but its still a good story that involves me thretening someones life and some 'dont cross this line cause this is my side of the room' styles) It happened a few years ago..... I think I might just keep that one to myself though. god knows anyone who knows me already know about it...haha in fact you two have probably heard about it already haha :innocent:

really? I havent heard it.

See the thing is I'm good friends with the roomie and I dont want

to leave her stuck moving to some dive or having to get some

new roomate who wont get the dynamic like I do. But yeah....

when you gotta go, you gotta go.

and I'm talking about south 'Prkdl'

haha I know where you were talking bout cause I used to live there. whatever man that area is nice. its not rough at all. sure youll get to know your local hookers but they are pretty chill. haha check your pm in a second ill tell you an abreviated version of the story haha.

haha Im all about shutting up today. thats my mission :X

man, maybe i shouldnt move there. that much moderating power in such close proximity could lead to disaster. it's like crossing streams if you're a ghost buster. when me and KOH lived together, i 'accidentally' condemned the entire continent australia for a brief period!

i moved yesterday to a nicer place, rent free. i felt kinda bad bouncing on my roomate, but dude had plenty warning, i started talking about it months before i was even sure it was a possibility. so he was cool with it, even though hes stuck with an entire mortgage (hasnt found another roomie so far). so casually drop a dime now, it will make the move much easier in the end. besides, you gotta look out for #1.

I hear you breadough... gotta look out for number one.

And If I didnt move at this chance, which isn't for like 4 months,

then I know I'd be moving someplace else before the end of summer.

roe... when you see some of them in the moring, you woulnt even want the occasional bj.

no deto.

dont worry seeks... there will be no 'crossing beams'.

another no deto.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Feb 1 2005, 01:33 PM

Not to mention that even I have smoked spliffs directly behind your house

in the alley. I've half expected you to come out wearing a ratty robe,

holding a broomstick, telling us to get the hell out of there.

Damn kids!!

haha... back in the old days we used to sling shot rocks at the crackheads.

The are is getting way more upscale (read: white and rich) so I think it's

time to move to someplace a little more real. I dont need 15 places to

buy a moccachino within 5 minutes of my house.

i recently made a move to a new pad. it is WAY nicer than my other apt., neighbors are better, yard is better, landlord better, col is better, and the rent is better. i was in a more trendy area, but i am getting to the point where i care less about that. and don't ask me about keeping happy roomates, i haven't had much luck there either.

beardo, rent free? that's unbelievable, i didn't think you were that much of a hippy.

when i moved 3 years ago to this new place, i bounced on a roomate and he got fucked pretty bad looking for affordable housing. he got pissed at me and is still holding a grudge. that punk, i got him pussy, took him on writing missions, and we even went club hopping together, and he repays me by not forgiving me and holding a grudge.

i say do it. moving is always good (except the actual moving part).. even if its close by. and living on your own is definatley worth the little extra money. how long have you been in your place... a while right? just tell your roomie now and give her plenty of time to plan accordingly. maybe that will be a blessing in disguise to herebecause now she has to get out there and find that condo.

plus all the other things sound like they are wearing on you....get out before they become major nuisances.

I used to talk to the crazy cat lady on my block all the time before she passed. She was a cool lady, some times she'd give me 50 dollars for mowing her lawn. Which was insane, not only because 50 is a lot of money for any lawn in that neighborhood, but her lawn was a 10x15 square of grass. She said she got a lot of money from a divorce. :/ She was really cool though.