Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Moving

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by <KEY3>, Feb 1, 2005.

1. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I think it might be time to move.

Here's some backstory

I'm living in a nice place with a nice girl who's a good friend of mine, but she's a bit messy. The place is great, with a big deck and everything, but it's right on this main street in the trendy area and it's starting to drive me insane. Without any bit of exageration, there's 2000+ people walking right under my bedroom window every nice day durring the summer. There's bars everywhere and with that, there's always something to do, but there's also the temptation to party every night. Recently, that's not a appealing as it used to be.

So the place is nice, but I have the smallest, hottest and loudest bedroom I've ever had. We dont controll the heat, so it's scorcing hot all year round. The neighbours upstaris have been a pain in the yass for as long as I can remember. (yes.. the hippies) So I've been thinking that it's time to move.

I get a call from a good friend last night telling me his old appt is coming up for rent in a few months. This is a really nice one bedroom that's a bit more out of the way. Well.... it's in the rougher section of town, but for those that know my city, know it's also the most interesting part of town. The rent will be a few hundred bucks more a month, but it's still not bad for a one bedroom. AND my buddy and his wife live in the appt upstairs, so I'm already good friends with the future neighbours. Plus it's no further away from where I work. AND there's a yard.

Now here's the hard part: How do I break it to my current roomie that I want to move?
    She's been talking about buying a condo, and she knows that I'm not that happy with the where I am now, but I still would feel like I was 'dumping' a friend by moving out and forcing her to either move out too or to find a new roomate. Damn... I should just tell her like it is.

Moving stories - Share them

What is your place like now and would you move?

What do you look for in a new spot?

How can a roomate relationship be ended with tact?

2. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Seriously, I always wondered when you were going to crack. Having been to your place, I can honestly say that it's quite nice, but there is no doubt that living around that many bars might be detrimental. And all that noise..

Not to mention that even I have smoked spliffs directly behind your house in the alley. I've half expected you to come out wearing a ratty robe, holding a broomstick, telling us to get the hell out of there.

I think I have a clue as to where you're going to move. If it fits the criteria you're looking for, ie good neighbours, the yard, et cetera, then go for it. Are you looking for a quieter pad, too?

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

And are you really sure you're down for giving up the Kilo lifestyle?

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I am ready to quit the lifestyle.
    People who know me know that I've been trying to give it up for years
    but it's so easy to get pulled back in when you live so close to such retardedness.
    Plus the will power to resist it is low.

5. MESTHREE

MESTHREE Dirty Dozen Crew

haha...I love living in the 'rougher' parts of this city. cause they are so not rough at all.

Be selfish. You live in a tiny furnace so...tell your friend you gotta go. If she already knows you arent happy then...no use draging it out.

I have the mother of all moving stories. (well maybe not but its still a good story that involves me thretening someones life and some 'dont cross this line cause this is my side of the room' styles) It happened a few years ago..... I think I might just keep that one to myself though. god knows anyone who knows me already know about it...haha in fact you two have probably heard about it already haha :innocent:

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

really? I havent heard it.

See the thing is I'm good friends with the roomie and I dont want
    to leave her stuck moving to some dive or having to get some
    new roomate who wont get the dynamic like I do. But yeah....

when you gotta go, you gotta go.

and I'm talking about south 'Prkdl'

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ha. if you can get me a job, i'll take over your place.
    your room mate will love me, promise.
    i'm delightful!

seeks/shut up mes, this has nothing to do with you

8. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

haha seeking.... I had no idea you wanted to be me.

9. MESTHREE

MESTHREE Dirty Dozen Crew

haha I know where you were talking bout cause I used to live there. whatever man that area is nice. its not rough at all. sure youll get to know your local hookers but they are pretty chill. haha check your pm in a second ill tell you an abreviated version of the story haha.

haha Im all about shutting up today. thats my mission :X

10. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

I had a roomate up and move one day without telling me shit. it sucked real bad, all the sudden my rent was doubled

11. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

moving is the worst.

but necessary sometimes.
    i love living alone.

do it kilo..change is good.

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

change is good.

and like the wise old steveaustin said some time ago.....

the bes way to live is by yourself with friends close by.

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ha, i dont want to be you, i just to be closer to my friends ian and jon. it has nothing to do with you and it sure as shit has nothing to do with mes

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

At first, I thought this thread was about moving out of canada. I was going to ask why on earth would anyone want to do that....

15. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

haha... I'm talking about moving 5 minutes away from where I live now.

5 minutes by bike, maybe 25 minutes by foot.