Moving Violations

Hermdog

I just got back from lunch break, and unfortunatly I had an encounter with the law. I was driving through a residential area, and I had a rolling stop at an intersection. A cop witnessed my actions. Long story short, I got a warning...lucky me...."Mr. Hermdog if someone was speeding through this intersection, you would have had a nasty T-bone accident, next time be more careful..."

I'm not angry. I mean the cop was doing his job..and I was dumb enough to do it in a residential area near my home. But I don't need any marks on my record...I just finally got on my own insurance and the whip is in my name. My record is finally clean, and I don't need any insurance increases.

In my 9 years of having a license, I've been pulled over a dozen time and my car's been searched a couple times. Been to 3 different courts in 3 different counties. Points and fines....but I never lost my license. I'm curious about my fellow 12oz'ers experiences with driving and the law..

stop.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i got a speeding ticket on my bday, which was a month ago. i was going 15 over on an express road off the highway. i would say it was a lil unfair bc the speed limit isnt often followed through on highways, but ye im probation for it.

After a 6 pack and watching a boxing fight at my friends house

which was about a mile from my house at the time, i made a left

turn where-get this- no left turns allowed. Sure enough a cop sees

me pulls me over, right then i'm like shit im fucked. Roll down the

window and look at the officer as he walks up and say the usual

"hello officer, whats wrong?" officer tells me what i did, he never asked

for an ID. I guess i caught him off guard by talking to him as he was walking

to the car. I got out of any ticket, and luckily a DWI buy telling him

my friend told me to take the shortcut, since i was not from the area(yeah right).

I was let of with a verbal warning, and directions to a false address. Thanks 5-0

Nothing incredible, just another time slipping past the long arm of the law.

a couple years ago, after this party, my friend was driving four of us back home. me and one of my friends got into a fight about who was sitting shotgun, yelling at each other and waving around these jugs of carlos rossi.

when my friend pulled out of the spot and made a u turn, this cop was immediately on our ass. she had been watching us the whole time, sitting in a parking spot, half a block down.

she waited like 5 minutes after pulling us over before she walked up to the car, but it seemed like FOREVER. she lectured my friend about how bad minors get punished for drunk driving, and then she let us go.

nicest cop ever.

i started driving at 17 without a license..got my first ticket at 19

for driving without a license and 78 in a 70..i did not pay them

so they suspended the license i did not have in the first place

then got pulled over in tempe,az two years later with no license

again and they made me pay off the first two tickets or pay

them 1000.00 so i payed off my tickets got my license on

my 21st. birthday and have had two speeding tickets in the

past 9mon.and since i moved to the west coast in '01

i have been in three accidents none were my fault..

.....driving sucks.....

When I first got my license I was driving one of these:

bcope.jpg

I got pulled over A LOT. I got my first ticket about 3 monthes after I got my license. After that I lived some kind of charmed life. I got pulled over no less than 14 times before I graduated high school. Most of the cops were pretty cool about it and let me off with a warning and a pop of the hood.

In college I got nailed for 95 in a 55. I was doing around 110, but I was losing radio reception while driving up a hill. Highway patrolman barely slowed down as he plowed through the median. I remeber seeing dirt flying in the rear view mirror. Knowing the route I was on and the fact that there was no way to lose him...I resigned myself to one hell of a ticket...so I just pulled over. Funny thing about that is...I pulled over right after the top of a hill. The cop locked up his tires trying to stop and had to put it in reverse to pull behind me. Once again....cop was fairly cool...I escaped with a ticket for 85 in a 55.

I finally got rid of that car and started driving one of these:

mkII.jpg

On a trip back to college, some law-abiding citizen called me in to the cops. I had been driving pretty fast most of the trip. So...cop pulls me over. I've got all my shit together as well as I could for being four sheets to the wind. Right before I got pulled over...I slowed down to within 7 miles of the speed limit...so I was kinda freaking out thinking I had been swerving or something. Cop comes up to the car and asks me to step out of the vehicle. At this point...I'm like...oh shit...I'm going to jail. He tells me to approach the police cruiser and put my palms on the hood of the car and do the whole spread eagle thing. Still thinking...oh shit...going to jail. He tells me he pulled me over because there were reports of a vehicle matching my cars description driving at speeds over 100 mph while firing an automatic weapon out of the vehicle! He then asks me if I have any weapons in the vehicle to which I reply no. This goes on a couple more times with the cop attitude flaming up. Dude asks to search the car...I tell him to knock himself out and go ahead and check it. Long story short...I ended up getting off with an apology and a dig on senior citizens with cell phones. Oh yeah...the gun fire sound...was my muffler...it had almost completely fallen off.

I've got a few more, but I'm gonna cut it short for length. I speed all the time and I budget two lawyers fees and fines for every year. If I don't get busted...I spend it on something cool. This year...it'll be a new radar detector.

maaaaaaaaan i just got a speeding ticket for going 60 in a 45 on the street that my house is on (which is 7 lanes), and then to make matters worse, a couple days later I got a fucking ticket for having my car baaarely sticking over the railroad tracks. Shit cmon now, if i seen a train coming, better believe that my car is a ghost. fuckin cop acting like its a fucking psa, "It dangerous to have your car blahblah trains blahblha accidents balhblha" what a clown, die.

In a two month period I got 3 tickets, 2 for speedin(got one dropped) and 1 for rollin through a stop sign while a cop was sittin in a alley.. Plus one I got when I first started drivin so for total I got 2 convictions on my record and one more when I send them the money.. lol

on two seperate occasions ten years apart, my car was totalled while i drove it by an uninsured driver who ran a red light.

the second time it happened, i broke 8 bones at once, punctured a lung, my kidney and my spleen and have some scars.

i've been in many, many wrecks, only one minor one was my fault.

for example, i was sitting in the backseat of my friend's car in cali while i was on vacation, and we were stopped at a red light, and someone just drove right into the back of us.

my driving record is clean.

i have talked my way out of one speeding ticket

and cried my way out of two

i've gotten two tickets for no seatbelt (over five years ago)

and a raft of parking tickets.

once a cop got a call while giving me a ticket and had to leave

and once, when i was returning from lolllapaloozer in west virginia, about eight years ago, there were four of us pulling tubes in the backseat of my friends saab while he was tooling down the highway. the car was thick with smoke and we were speeding. my friend got pulled over and we thought we were done for. then, the cop got called to an accident (that we drove by a few miles later) and had to roll out.

i've been carless, bicycle only, for about two and a half years now.

Guest sneak

hermdog, why did they stop you?

rolling stop? im confused.

my one story about speeding happened a few weeks back. driving along the motorway we saw a mate of ours having been pulled for doing 98mph (found out later). we passed him and the polic doing 115mph. apparntly when we flew past, the officer remarked to my mate that he "really should be going after that faster car" (us) but "couldnt be bothered as his shift was almost over"...

Rolling stop is when you pull up to an intersection with a stop sign and you don't actually stop, but just slowly roll past the sign.

A couple of years ago when I was working as a car courier, I was driving back to the city on the Mass Pike in the left lane going about 75 miles per hour. I had just gotten a car about 2 months before and hadn't driven for a few years. A state trooper pulls up behind me and starts tailgating me, so for some reason I figured I would just go faster. Actually, I had it in my head that the left lane was the "fast lane", not the "passing lane". So I basically had the car up to about 95 MPH when the cop finally turned on his lights and got on the loudspeaker for me to pull over.

When I got over to the emergency lane and the cop came up to my car, he asked me why the hell I started going faster, and I told him that I thought that since it was the fast lane that he thought I was going too slow and was trying to get me to go faster. He actually started laughing, then called me an idiot and said it was the passing lane, and that cars aren't supposed to drive in the passing lane unless they are just passing other cars. And then he let me off with a warning.

I was pulled over a few months back for no front plate .... I had all my paperwork ready for him ... he asks me about it ... i play it off ... then he asks "when was the last time you got a ticket?" to which i have the pleasure of being able to say NEVER. He takes my paperwork to his car comes back in a few minutes and said i will let you off with a warning this time but get that front plate back on.

With working where i work i have perks. I know so many people who have been let off purely by working here. My boss most recently ... drives a suped up Porsche ... on the way back from lunch he ran a red light on a right turn ... Lit it up and was nearing 70 on a 1/4 mile strech of road with a posted speed of 35 before he noticed the flashing lights ...talks to him for a second goes back to the patrol car hangs for like 5 minutes and comes back to tell my boss he would write him every ticket he had if he found him doing this again.

One other cat got out of a DUI by telling the cop he works here. I heard that from the head of security here not the guy !!!

i'v been stopped by the police for traffic violations numerous

of times, one time being that didn't yeild to a police car with

it's lights on. the situation was fucked up, and the cop

thought i was going to hit him-which i clearly wasn't because

i was more than a lane and a half away from him.

i've been stopped for minor traffic violations here and there,

and the most recent being b/c of my window tint. i have dark

tint all around, and any tint on the driver and passenger side

windows is illegal. i got a warning for that one.

i've encountered cops many times before for non traffic related

issues, but overall, my i've gotten 2 tickets and all of them i

have cleared by going to traffic school.

i've been stopped many times just because i was under

suscpicion of some crime. they thought i was involved in a

robbery and what not.. but overall, the cops in my area are

racist. and unless if you aren't a middle aged white woman

driving an escalade, your going to be racially profiled. fuck

the police in my city, i know each one of them.

i try to drive cautiously, not for the fact of the fear of getting

a ticket itself, but some dumbfucks out there will main my car

if i don't watch the road. i drive too often already, and i don't

want to increase my chances of getting royall fucked.

I've been pulled over and hassled a grip of times

but the first time...December 26th, 1999, I'm going to work at 7am.

I take this one twisty ass street that has just been built to start devloping the area.

Since I'm rolling a Modified VR6 with suspension I get a buldging hard on and down shift into the turns pushing my car as hard as I can without losing control *wonksaggin

after the twists there's about a half mile of straight away. My car is being peppy as fuck in the cold wheather. I hit 125 (45mph zone)when I see flashing lights in my rear view. yikes.

I Pull Over, officer starts screaming at me to turn off my engine and toss my keys out of the window...I apologize for my wrecklessness and Since it's the day after xmas and the officer can "understand how i'd want to get loose on this particular street" he gives me a 55 in a 45 and I have to attend driving saftey class.

After work I research radar detectors.

^haha... that reminds of a time when someone flashed their lights at me to signal a cop ahead. I kept driving and no cop, so I got pissed thinking it was some regular joe trying to get me to slow down. I decide that since there really isn't a cop...I should downshift and lay into it...so I do. I end up a bit sideways...looking right at the cop they warned me about.

Got off on a warning because it was spring and I told the cop the car had been in the body shop for the last 6 monthes.