Moving Soon

8onus

so i have definatly decided i am getting the fuck out of here, maybe not forever. but i definatly need to see the world. i have lived in the same city for about 21 years now, its time to go as soon as i get all my credits...the question is WHERE????

i heard melborne is a dope ass city, and i love montreal & venice beach.

thought strongly about new york...but that is the most cliche thing a photgraphy major can do.

one of the advantages of this board is that people from all over are on it..so:

tell me why yo city is soooo fly. serriously. i want to here what the ups and downs of your city are. music scenes, living costs, the weather, the women, everything you think kicks ass about you city..spill it. and then: why does it suck. i logged on to a few city governemt web sites but of course they dont tell the truth and just try to make thier city look like the best one ever.

help a brother out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dont live there, but if I had to relocate I'd go to Montreal so fast.

The look and feel of the city is amazing, the cost of living is really

low, the girls are beautiful AND approachable.... the list goes on.

I'm sure it's shit in the winter, but I went there a few times last summer

and shit was just too good to describe. I'd seriously look into it if I were you.

and no.... you dont have to know french.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Apr 7 2005, 09:58 AM

I dont live there, but if I had to relocate I'd go to Montreal so fast.

The look and feel of the city is amazing, the cost of living is really

low, the girls are beautiful AND approachable.... the list goes on.

I'm sure it's shit in the winter, but I went there a few times last summer

and shit was just too good to describe. I'd seriously look into it if I were you.

and no.... you dont have to know french.

I agree montreal. i was there for one day last summer and got something like 100 flicks just walking around the whole day. dope architecture, hot women, good food, tons of graffiti. i was going to move there this last september but it fell through. my boy lives there and the only thing i ever hear him complaining about is the winter, he said its getting warmer now though

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Apr 7 2005, 02:32 PM

San Francisco is an excellent place.

But the city is overrun with art majors, so if you're thinking of a job in that field, maybe you should go somewhere that isn't drowning in artsy scenester dickheads.

beutifull city..waaaay to lefty for me. i like a balance.

if you're into corruption, dirt, grime, alcohol all stuffed into a city with a lot of character, i'd suggest new orleans.

it's not for everone.. i'm not sure what the job market is like.. but i loved it there. i consider it home.

if you're into jazz, it's the place to be. not much of an indie/rock scene but the hip hop scene is getting better. you can buy alchohol 24 hrs a day and most bars don't shut down until about 4am.. some of them don't even close at all. i definetly wouldn't suggest living there if you have an addictive personality, lol.

i'd love to live in philly or dc..

Originally posted by saraday@Apr 7 2005, 03:50 PM

i definetly wouldn't suggest living there if you have an addictive personality, lol.

that's a big reason why I'm moving on June first.

Now I'm in the thick of the action and I find myself

out getting drunk way too often, like last night.

Time for a quit area.

Originally posted by saraday@Apr 7 2005, 02:50 PM

if you're into corruption, dirt, grime, alcohol all stuffed into a city with a lot of character, i'd suggest new orleans.

it's not for everone.. i'm not sure what the job market is like.. but i loved it there. i consider it home.

if you're into jazz, it's the place to be. not much of an indie/rock scene but the hip hop scene is getting better. you can buy alchohol 24 hrs a day and most bars don't shut down until about 4am.. some of them don't even close at all. i definetly wouldn't suggest living there if you have an addictive personality, lol.

hmmmmm..i love jazz, food and grime.put em together and it could be right up my ally.

thought about philly as well. i dont know why but every time i leave it keeps a peice of me.

DC is homebase for me...i must ask, why you want to move here?

Originally posted by 8onus+Apr 7 2005, 03:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (8onus - Apr 7 2005, 03:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-saraday@Apr 7 2005, 02:50 PM

hmmmmm..i love jazz, food and grime.put em together and it could be right up my ally.

thought about philly as well. i dont know why but every time i leave it keeps a peice of me.

[/b]

my grandparents used to live in chevy chase for a while and i loved it. i always had a good time out there. :)

new orleans is great. it's got so much character but there are a LOT of stupid people out that way. i think the biggest downside is the flooding and the humidity.

new orleans is fun...but..it's a city that tends to keep people...it almost had me back in it again..but im thinking about austin...something new for me..and im tired of not having a real home base..just floating around..so be on the look out for ole girth in austin this summer...

other than that..my favorite city is probably pittsburgh..i love it there....go stillers!

Originally posted by saraday+Apr 7 2005, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saraday - Apr 7 2005, 03:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 7 2005, 03:47 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-saraday@Apr 7 2005, 02:50 PM

my grandparents used to live in chevy chase for a while and i loved it. i always had a good time out there. :)

[/b]

word...thats the burbs though...move in here WIT DA GRIME NIGGA.

seriously, this is a great city despite it's many flaws, i just need to get the fuck out of this delapitated ass building and explore what earth has to offer while im still young and sexy.

Originally posted by Hermdog@Apr 7 2005, 03:56 PM

I live just outside Baltimore....since you're in DC than you know enough about us...

I'm happy in MD and I hope to stay here

word, some of my best childhood memories lie in baltimore, but for some strange reason, for the past 4 years, every time i leave bmore the weather sucks and i have had no sleep in 3 days putting me in a semi psychotic mindstate where im like "fuck this place", but much love to harm city