Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Moving Soon

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 8onus, Apr 7, 2005.

1. 8onus

8onus Banned

so i have definatly decided i am getting the fuck out of here, maybe not forever. but i definatly need to see the world. i have lived in the same city for about 21 years now, its time to go as soon as i get all my credits...the question is WHERE????
    i heard melborne is a dope ass city, and i love montreal & venice beach.
    thought strongly about new york...but that is the most cliche thing a photgraphy major can do.

one of the advantages of this board is that people from all over are on it..so:
    tell me why yo city is soooo fly. serriously. i want to here what the ups and downs of your city are. music scenes, living costs, the weather, the women, everything you think kicks ass about you city..spill it. and then: why does it suck. i logged on to a few city governemt web sites but of course they dont tell the truth and just try to make thier city look like the best one ever.
    help a brother out

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I dont live there, but if I had to relocate I'd go to Montreal so fast.
    The look and feel of the city is amazing, the cost of living is really
    low, the girls are beautiful AND approachable.... the list goes on.

I'm sure it's shit in the winter, but I went there a few times last summer
    and shit was just too good to describe. I'd seriously look into it if I were you.

and no.... you dont have to know french.

3. WRECKONIZE

WRECKONIZE Senior Member

I agree montreal. i was there for one day last summer and got something like 100 flicks just walking around the whole day. dope architecture, hot women, good food, tons of graffiti. i was going to move there this last september but it fell through. my boy lives there and the only thing i ever hear him complaining about is the winter, he said its getting warmer now though

4. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

don't come to chicago

5. 8onus

8onus Banned

fuck chicago

6. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

7. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Yeah, Montreal is a great city.

8. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

San Francisco is an excellent place.

But the city is overrun with art majors, so if you're thinking of a job in that field, maybe you should go somewhere that isn't drowning in artsy scenester dickheads.

9. 8onus

8onus Banned

beutifull city..waaaay to lefty for me. i like a balance.

10. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

montreal doesn't even fit into the left/right spectrum.

11. saraday

saraday Senior Member

if you're into corruption, dirt, grime, alcohol all stuffed into a city with a lot of character, i'd suggest new orleans.

it's not for everone.. i'm not sure what the job market is like.. but i loved it there. i consider it home.

if you're into jazz, it's the place to be. not much of an indie/rock scene but the hip hop scene is getting better. you can buy alchohol 24 hrs a day and most bars don't shut down until about 4am.. some of them don't even close at all. i definetly wouldn't suggest living there if you have an addictive personality, lol.

i'd love to live in philly or dc..

12. villain

villain Veteran Member

Damn yall are making montreal sound so good that if the US government didn't own my sorry ass I would actually move there...

13. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

that's a big reason why I'm moving on June first.
    Now I'm in the thick of the action and I find myself
    out getting drunk way too often, like last night.

Time for a quit area.

14. saraday

saraday Senior Member

i went though "phases" in new orleans where i'd drink every single night for a few months then drink only on the weekends..

balancing act.

15. 8onus

8onus Banned

hmmmmm..i love jazz, food and grime.put em together and it could be right up my ally.

thought about philly as well. i dont know why but every time i leave it keeps a peice of me.

DC is homebase for me...i must ask, why you want to move here?