MOVING OUT<========

T=E=A=S=E

:naughty: :eek:

anyways, one of my buddies at work came up to me today and told me that he's getting a house finally and asked if i wanted to come check it out next week when he moves in, and rent a room in it.

It sounds pretty damn dope, its in a good neighborhood, its off a busy highway area with a ton of shit around it, its kinda like the central spot in my city and its exactly where i wanted to kinda move to if i did get a house/apartment.

he said it's a 4 bedroom spot, probally a 2 car garage, front and back yard ofcourse, living room, kitchen, and so forth. he told me just now the rent is only 800 a month, and i'd pay $300 and split half the eletrical bills with him an shit.

he's a stand up guy to, like, he used to be an alcholic when he was younger, but now he's been sober for the past couple years, he's like 28 or some shit i think, so its cool that he's older than me and little more wiser, he does smoke though, so i'd have to see if he plans on smoking inside, cuz that shit wont fly with me, especially how much he smokes. fuck, i just thought about that. hmmm.

but other than that, he's a pretty cool guy, kinda corny an shit at times, but not as bad as a lot of other people i know. i think the biggest problem i have with him is that he likes to do stupid shit in public, which im cool with if im in the mood to be doing stupid shit, but in front of certain people, or at certain places, or a hot chick id like to bang, i don't like him acting childish as fuck an shit. other than that though, he's cool as shit.

so what do you guys think? anything i should look for as far as things that might not work out?

i was kinda wondering if i'd have to sign a legal obligation or some shit to be there? something he could overcharge me or fuck up my credit by having me in there or something... cuz im not really sure about how all that works when its a house. it is being rented under his name an shit so i assume id be in the clear right?

let me know what ya'll would do or think etc... things i should look out for etc...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

and if it turns out to be a terrible mistake.....

you've learned a lesson and can go right back to where you are.

No question. And dont kill him about the smoking thing.

You'll be having guests who smoke too. It's no biggie.

now having said that.....

if you just pay him cash and dont co-sign any of the bills,

then your credit will be totally safe. He could kick you out

but that's what it's like being a tennant. Just dont give him

a reason to hate you. That's how I do it.

If your name isn't on anything and you don't sign anything promising you're going to pay him, the only thing your risking is a good ass kicking if you skip out on the dude.

I say go for it. $400 is insanely cheap.

And remember - you don't have to be best friends with the guy; you're just roommates. So you can learn to tolerate the things about him that put you off.

this is badass. hell yes. don't worry about cigarette smoke, either. let the man smoke in the house. don't let him smoke in your room. man up. you can take some fucking smoke. if i can first hand, you are rough enough to second hand. my girlfriend doesn't even complain about that shit.

Do it man. Key's right when he says it's a learning experience. If it all fucks up, crawl back home until you can find somewhere else to go, cause you won't want to stay back at home for long periods once you've moved out. If you pass up this opportunity, you'll spend a long time afterwards wondering about what it would be like if you had moved out. Do it. Please.

just to give out personal info I shouldn't be giving out.....

I live in a similar arrangement.

There's this kick ass appartment that 3 friends of mine move into.

2 of the friends eventually move out and I move in. So me and

the roomate decide that it's better to pay a bit more than to have

another body in the house. 2 roomates good, 3 roomates bad.

yeah... the rent and the bills are all in her name.

I just hand her a stack of cash a few days before the end of the month.

If I need a reference for a place in the future, she'll say I was a great tennant.

There's a few squabbles over stupid shit (she's a slob) but friends

know how to cut though the bullshit and just say what bothering them.

you gotta do this tease. really. dont be a little shit. MOVE OUT!

good points yall.

the whole smoking thing could be a deal breaker for me though, if he plans on smoking inside... cuz like i said, he is a chain smoker that smokes more than a fucking chimney stack. that shit gives me head aches, and plus it makes everything in the house smell like shit. and i got bad allergies to.

but he's pretty cool so maybe he wouldn't mind smoking outside on the porch or whatever...

another dilema is my cat. i dont think he has a dog but he might. that wouldnt be good.

other than those two things, it looks like a good thing for me to seriously look into.

im also kinda curious as to if and when we got more roomates, making sure im apart of the decision, or setting some rules down on some shit we agree upon that they can or can't do etc. i guess i could get a lock on my door as well, to protect all my shit. and i could probally stomp ole dude to, he's a little thicker than me, but he smokes, and he's shorter, so i could probally woop his ass if need be. but he's cool so it wouldnt come to that.

cant really think of anymore down falls right now. let me know if yall think of similiar things that you forsee as being a problem, or have experienced.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Jan 8 2005, 12:01 AM

wait. it costs 800 dollars to rent a 4 bedroom house in a good neighborhood in texas? what the FUCK.

i dont know exactly how good the house looks or how the inside looks just yet, but i have heard of the neighborhood its in, and i know its a decent location. so im assuming it cant be that bad.

about the price... he did get hooked up i think through some agent of his, that went and found him a spot, not exactly sure what theyre called at the moment cuz i forget, but the guy gets paid to do that shit.... kinda like a apartment locater but its for houses.

minimum wage is like $5.50 maybe?

but a lot of areas all over have cheap rent for houses and shit like that for around the same price, especially if you put something down on it... ill ask him again how he did it, but ive had other friends who did the same thing, rent a 4-5 bedroom house, and its like $1000-1000+ and they got 3-4 roomies.

for real tease. just do it.

dont worry about the smoking or making rules.

I'm sure the both of you dont want to live in a shit hole,

so you'll both be looking out for the place. Maybe you can

ask the guy to only smoke in the living room and his bedroom.

Keep some windows open and you'll be fine. Hell.... it beats living

with an alcoholic or a hippy pot head.... or a raver!

If it's a full house and you can split it 2 ways, then you'll both

have tons of space. Yu dont want to get more roomates than you need to.

We always tease these friends of mine who live in a house with 6 guys.

We call the place 'boy's town' which is what they call the gaybourhood in my city too.

do it man. Living free from parents rules (and safety nets) is one of the most important learning experiences you will ever have. Ive had a few interesting um 'learning experiences' and they have all taught me alot about how the real world works. I mean so what if you end up eating rice 5 times week and your rely on thievery to pay your rent. I mean..... not that that happened to me or anything. :innocent:

Anyhow has far as you being legally reponsible for anything.....hrm I know quite a bit about tenant law in cananda.... if you sublet, even if the person you are sublestting from makes you sign a lease you can be kicked out without notice and have few lagal responsibilities. but that's cananda and not of much assistance to you.

Anyhow do it!

nice way of saying things:

tease, as other people said, it sounds like you're looking for excuses to not actually go through with this because you're scared, which is understandable because you've been pampered for so long.

harsh, yet true, way of saying things (aka keeping it real):

if the biggest thing is that your potential roomate smokes, has a dog while you have a cat, and spot and mr. cuddles might fight, you're a goddamn pussy.

Moving out is like losing your virginity. Before you do it you have it made out to be this huge thing, then when its all said and done you look back a while later and think, "hmmm, that wasn't that big a deal", and realize that things only get better.

ive lived on my on in another city an hour and a half away, granted i didnt pay all my bills, but i did get up, do my laundry, take care of myself, feed myself and so forth.

and although it was for a year, i still was out and on my own, somewhat. so this really wont be the first time ive moved out.

secondly, yea it sounds like a good deal right now, and as soon as i see the house and see what his plans on for it and other roomates etc, im seriously going to consider it.

and im not scared of the situation, i just want to know what im getting into and if im feeling it. if it doesnt pan out, id rather live in my own place, in my own apartment depending on the situation at the house.

Yeah definitely do this. When you're looking at the house, make sure to check for water damage, function of appliances, etc... If there is anything they say they will fix before you move in, make sure you tell them it needs to be written into the lease, for your protection. This is common and if the landlords aren't shady motherfuckers they will readily agree to it.

all hatred aside.. you better really seriously know that this dude is "livable"..

By that i mean are you guys going to be able to co-exist.. you have to be 100% sure its going to somewhat work or you will be screwed.

Ive seen many situations like this end up very very bad..

oh im not pessimistic..(sp?)

EDIT* Matter of fact.. Im going to copy and save this thread image of my post so that in 6 months, i will have something to toss in your face when you are complaining about dude playing 50 cent till 6 in the morning.