moving out

evilistic

its reached the point in time where i cant handle any more arguing with my mum so its time to move out.first thought was move out with my girl but after much thinking and talking to friends that have lived with there gfs/bfs and have broken up over it i scraped that idea.then there was moving out by yourself but i couldnt afford it so im moving out with a female friend of mine.gonna be dope.

any ideas or anything to prepare me for...

words of wisdom...

:smoke:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Living with your girl is not easy at all...however making a decision based on other peoples relationships aint that wise...it could work for you, and if it does its much better than having silly ass roomates.

just my 2c

yep the arguing can suck and i been there and done that! moved out but the thing is after a little while it kinda sucks the first few moths are cool then you miss having that little ammount payed and done for you, little things...

your in aus so i reckon go to centrelink and make an appointment with one of the workers tell them your situation, they put things in perspective and make things a hell of a lot easier! (offering payments etc)

Guest Skull&Bones

You don't move in with your girlfriend so you won't break up.

You move in with some other girl.

You don't think that's going to cause problems 10 times worse? I may be missing something because I don't know you, but that sounds ass backwards to me.

Living with your girl isn't bad at all. If you can't live with her ass you shouldn't be with her in the first place.

edit-->

Another thing. You think mommy is rough? Wait till your tax bracket changes, you have bills, groceries, furniture, gas, car, etc...

Mommy is definately a better idea if you don't have to leave. Milk it for all it's worth and follow her stupid rules.

I guess you can learn the hard way like the rest of us.

My 2 cents anyways.

skull&bones.the girl im moving in with is a good friend thats it.my girl knows this trust me nothing would/will happen.i pay rent,three quaters of the phone bill,electricity,and i buy most of my food when and if im home so theres not alot to milk off her.

fatbastard.yeh centrelink is defintly a good idea.

tesserract.i would love to move in with my girl i just dont think it would be the best idea for first time moving out,and its not as if she wouldnt be over 24/7.

Reality hits you fast when you first move out, sure you will enjoy your freedom, but when you look at all your bills, and realize you have 5 dollars left over at the end of the week to spend that is a bitch. I am not sure, what your situation is, but the best place to find housing is in a college town, search the billboards for people looking for roomates, often there are people searching for more then one person, so you and yourgirlfriend can live there no problem. the best thing about the college towns also, is lots of partying and cheap beer.

advice?

don't put all the bills in your name. make sure your landlord will take checks from u and her separately.

make it clear who cleans what and when and who is going to pay for which household items when.

buy groceries separately.

make sure she is ok with a visitor all the time (your girlfriend)

ummmm.

have fun!

Originally posted by Skull&Bones

You don't move in with your girlfriend so you won't break up.

You move in with some other girl.

You don't think that's going to cause problems 10 times worse? I may be missing something because I don't know you, but that sounds ass backwards to me.

Living with your girl isn't bad at all. If you can't live with her ass you shouldn't be with her in the first place.

The first point is valid, is your girl cool w/ you moving in with another girl, I can seeing that causing issues.

The second point is absurd. The guy is obviously pretty young if he's just moving out. At that age living with a girl is trouble, which will be multiplied by the fact it will be the first (i think) time living on his own. And just b/c your with a girl doesn't mean you need to take that next step.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Actually if you're young, nomadawhat is correct...however i dont buy that "find out if she's cool with you living with another girl"....c'mon, y'all act like you dont know what jealousy is all about:

She'll fuckin have a problem even if you live with a 60 year old lesbian

I gotta agree with skull and bones. living with your parents sucks, it drives you absolutely mad, but it sure beats being broke all the time. I lived with my parents much longer than I ever wanted. I even got in a fight with my dad and nearly moved out the next day. It was really weird for the next three months, but we all managed to cope. In that time I managed to save enough money to move out and live how I wanted to. I was still broke as a mofo, but at least I wasn't living off of Ramen noodles. I've done that before and it sucks.

end thought. milk it and put up with the BS until your ready financially. it would really suck to come crawling back because you can't afford it.

if you do move out....definitely make sure the bills are split between both of you name-wise. pay your rent seperately instead of trading off who writes the check each month. work out food sharing and cleaning rules in advance and stick to it.

living on your own is no party...youw ork alot more, and you have alot less money...you live off ramen noodles and generic fruit punch, your furniture is broken, and you are constantly watching your p's and q's because if you fuck up too much your just shit out of luck...but at the same time its nice to be able to have a girl come over and know you and her will be alone for the night, or to just walk around naked because you didn't feel like getting dressed.

hmmm....

moving out, youll get poor fast. like no cash. itll be a drunken haze. its fun, but lonley. having your own house with none in it is wierd. especially when you know no one is coming over. its cool. you get freedon, but you live on shit all. id love to live with my woman. we did for like a little while, and it was cool. all i can say is good luck. and make sure your landlord is straight up.

Archived