Movin on up, movin on out...

Okay, so I moved out when I was 16. I ended up hating my first roomate. Moved in with my alcoholic ass friends for a few months, had to move back home because I couldn't stand drinking everyday and everynight there. Then moved out with my boyfriend for a month, did lots of drizzugs, broke up, moved in with my best friend Soleil for a month then moved back home.

The point of this post is because it's a known fact that sometimes it's just hard to get along with the people you see every single day for so long, but it's even harder living with them. I've ended up disliking one person, losing respect for 2 other people, and breaking up with one person only to never talk to him again. My best friend is moving back home on August the 7th. This girl is THE best girl in the world. We've been best friends since we met, we know eachother better than anyone else. She's just my girl, plain and simple, and I'd do anything for her. We're planning on getting a place earlie September together. It sounds really great, I know we'll have fun together and get along, and I know she's responsible and won't dick me on bills... But I'm still really worried that we might move in together and by some wierd twist of fate get in a fight and hate eachother. I can't even imagine anything bad happening especially on a 6 month lease, but is it really worth the risk? I don't know... I can't decide.

Have any of you had any really bad or good roomate situations? What worked out for you, what didn't? If you had it to do over again would you do anything different? What do you all think about moving out with your best friends?

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest iced out mocha

im moving out of my house and into a house with two friends that both write. its gonna be crazy, but weve got it figured out i think. also, seeing that one of the roomates is gonna be a 22 yearold girl isnt that much of a downside either.

shit man i've been bouncing here and there too!

i lost 2 good friends because they dicked me out then i dicked them over...i was going to move back in my house but...there is just that but and the fact that i have not enough money...

i would like to live with 2 girls like jack did..on threes company...aaaaaah...tow up..where are you from?

well im off to san fran or the bay area...to see devilush and friends...going to move in with a college professor..he's gonna make me go to school for free as long as i pay rent..?kinda confusing...but all for the better...drugs in a home is bad...

buds make you lazy...girlfriends make you spend money...and your room mate suspects you wiping your ass with his toothbrush...so it kinda makes you wonder what he's doing to yours...

internet sex...onward ho!

------------------

its better than jacking off!!!!

im not moving out until i graduate college. its not like im set to any rules so i dont give a kcuf. my parents pay for my cell phone,insurance, half my car, i dont pay rent or utilities. why would i give all that up?

It all depends on how tight the relationship is that you guys share. I moved out of my house back when I was 20. I moved 2 states away. Before I had moved up - I asked my friend to look for an apt. There was no way I could make it up because I was trying to save money. I get into town and the apartment is super dope! With a dope ass view of the city from the roof. So, I found out my room was the size of a fucking cubicle but I took what I could get. (Leaving her with the bigger room.) I was just happy to be on my own.

So - there weren't many times when things would get weird but I would be gone most of the time so there was no room for getting into little arguments. We would buy our own food. (but share) It's all about compromise, being responsible and respect. We split the bills in half and I would rarely lend her money. (When money is exchanged in that way -it can cause a lot of problems) She would be good about paying back and vice versa. But we're both understanding people and I know that a lot of times - I could have opened my mouth and expressed my irritation and frustrations with her - but I would choose not to. I would just make it known in other ways that way it wouldn't cause any discomfort.

The only time there was any sort of tension was when she was going on a date with a married man. This was totally against my morals and values and I felt she was doing wrong. She ended up listening to me and never went out him again. I think that if you guys are as close as you say you are - you will be fine. Just be open about arrangements and what is expected of the other. (Lay the rules down on both sides in the beginning.) Oh yes, it is very important to have your own lives and to go out and do things on your own. (Different groups of friends would be good) Too much time with anyone builds irritation and frustration.

But yeah - good luck.

i moved out when i turned 17 ,it was fresh for like a second,but livin at home with moms duke is the shit,fridge got food ,free cable,ice cold air in the summer I love it.But i am movin out soon,i couldnt afford it before not without havin roomates and im not down with that,roommates suck,they eat your food,try to rock your gear,smoke up your dohzah,try to hit on your girls friends,everytime they come over(although im guilty of that to ,except ill hit on there girls)Im just savin so I can have my own place,it probably wont be all fancy with ikea furniture and all that,but itll be mine.

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

Have any of you had any really bad or good roomate situations? What worked out for you, what didn't? If you had it to do over again would you do anything different? What do you all think about moving out with your best friends?

whew i just typed all this.....hey i moved out of my house and lived 3000miles away from any kindof home...my friend of 11 yrs was my plan as a roomate...lets just say you know someone but havent lived with them.....if you havent you Dont know them...the reason i found was that--you see things in your friend but when you move in you all of a sudden have to know how to deal with those same things....i would just take a long long long hard look at what type of girl she will be to live with,,,u know,,,,i bet she is cool as fuk and very dear to you...so is my friend its just we are tooooooo much alike when it comes to all areas of maintaining a house. Has she changed at all??? how long was she gone.....

Your luky to get such a kool b-day present http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

She was only gone for the summer. If she's changed at all, I can't see how it would be for the worse (she's not that type of person). I guess now we're gonna have two other guy roomates (the way it's lookin), so I'm sure they'll keep us in check if the scenery gets to bitchy. =)

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

about a year ago me and the ole moms were fighting really bad and I shacked up with some friends for a little over a month..there 7 of us living in one house, 3 bands practiced there, and I still to this day have no clue who's name was on t he lease. Living there was hell. I would go and sit in my car just so I could be alone because there were constantly people over there getting drunk, partying, yelling. It was not fun. I am going to try to move out sometime again soon. I might try to just find me a small one bedroom place to live in. I am not good with other people. I'm too antisocial. thats just my 2 cents.

Archived