Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

movies this weekend

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dusty Lipschitz, Jan 20, 2004.

1. along came polly
    monster
    21 grams

2. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

3. yoink

yoink Elite Member

anyone see Big fish? was it good?

was 21 grams good? so many questions....

4. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

I liked both of them ^^

5. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

I dug Big Fish pretty good. It was amazing to see something worth paying $9.50 for.

I heard 21 grams is supposed to be good too, might have to check that out.

6. kido

kido Senior Member

I was just reading something about 21 grams in the paper (not the real paper.... the cool one) and it looks pretty damn good...

Along came polly looks good as well.

Have any of you seen Lost in Translation??? This looks really good. Is it out for rent??

7. im not witty

im not witty Guest

missed out on a free screening of along came polly in LA last month.
    21 grams was good, but it was too real. i went for escapism from my fucked up life and all i got was a reminder that life is fucked up.

havent seen monster but ive been in love with charlize since 2 days in the valley. i dont know if i can stand to see her like that. could be cool though

8. SleepAnDream

SleepAnDream Elite Member

i was trying to see along came polly but i heard it wasnt that good i guess. ben stiller is still my hero anyways. ef it. i havent heard about 21 grams, what is this you speak of?

9. To answer some questions:

Big Fish: Dope and pretty. Closest I've been to crying in a movie this year.

21 Grams: Very dope if you haven't seen Amores Perros, normal dope if you have.

Lost in Translation: Dope, but don't watch this when you're tired. Slowest movie ever.

10. along came polly-
    good. i had no interest in seeing it, but actually liked it. i dont know how much was because my expectations were so low, but it made me laugh. i like ben stiller alot, and seeing aniston in some of the outfits didnt hurt either.

monster-
    good fuckin movie. theron should win the oscar. she was so dedicateed to the role and performance. what a character movie. and christina ricci did an amazing job too. possibly a best supporting actress award. it was heavy.

21 grams-
    there were alot of things i really liked about this movie. therer were alot of things i really didnt like about this movie. definately mixed feelings. could have been in my top 10, but wasnt even close. del torro's performance was amazing. i am a huge sean penn fan, but was kinda disappointed by him. the concept was great, but at times it dragged and seemed so unnecessary. the premise was great though, and it wasnt pulled together in a cheesy way.
    but all in all....
    ehhh.

11. it was weird, having this HUGE crush on her, yet she looks so haggard...
    my brain couldnt rectify it, lol.

12. Really? I thought Del Toro was the weakest. Sean Penn was pretty good (but not as good as in Mystic River), and Naomi Watts fucking killed it. She made everyone else look second-rate.

13. ha, thats funny, that was the exact opposite impression i had.
    i thought her performance was the weakest link.

14. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

I SAW HONEY AND I ALMOST KILLED MYSELF..................what made it was the birthday party that was in front of us.

Raper-"hey how old ya turning"
    Slutface-"19"
    Raper-"your shitting my right? this is no way to spend your 19th borthday loser,even tho I don't drink I still hit the bars on my 19th"
    Slutface-"ok"

I then heckled and ruined the movie for every one.I got laid cause of it!