Movies That Aren't Ever Worth Watching Megathread

26SidedCube

Alright, there's been enough threads about good movies that most people wouldn't know were decent otherwise, this time I want to switch it up:

This is where we can save each other from garbage flicks that might be recommended.

Post up a movie and explain why it's bullshit. Here's my contribution/ reason for starting the thread:

The Dreamers

http://www.la-grange.net/2004/03/07-the-dreamers.jpg'>

What happens when you gloryhole and namedrop as many classic pieces of cinema as possible while at the same time trying to deliver some sort of hard-hitting 'the power of innocence' cliche?

The Dreamers, that's what happens.

This movie follows the perfect artschool hack formula:

-Name drops established film makers of the past.

-The main character is a posh American artschool student studying in Paris.

-Includes something disturbing/hard to watch.

-Re-iterates how these people are the transcendental thinkers of their time...

...without ever transcending anything.

-Some good clean incest... because all the best artists/poets fucked their family.

-Movie built around a war stating that 'war is the dumberest' without ever really including anything about the war.

-Bullshit ending where nothing is resolved.

Paraphrased: this movie is visually synonymous with someone writing a poem about how deep their poetry is.

Go on people.. save me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://media.bestprices.com/content/vhs/80/225480.jpg'>

After meteorites fall to Earth in a medieval land, fire-breathing dragons emerge from the rubble to terrorize the countryside, bringing death and destruction. A team of six fighters will have to band together in order to defeat the flying monsters in order to assure the future of mankind. John Rhys-Davies (THE LORD OF THE RINGS) stars.

to say the least this movie is good for a laugh. don't let john rhys davies give you the wrong impression...this movie is absolute dreck.

then go watch plan 9 from outerspace:king:

Guest KING BLING

^Yeah? I've never seen it but was planning to. Care to elaborate?

Stay away from:

*The Day After Tommorow - Though it is unintentionally funny

*Blue Velvet - I don't care what you say, I don't think its as good as the rest of the world wants it to be

*Punch Drunk Love AND Magnolia - Until they make a movie that shows the way burning hot diarrhea feels, these will have to do

...I havent been to many movies lately and don't want to list a bunch most of us have seen.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

street fighter II: the movie

starring john claude van damage

it stars van damn...wtf.

all the fight scenes sucked.

blanka was a wimp.

that dude from blood in blood out played ken.

it reminded me of a saturday

morning live action tv show-extended.

to top things off, they get all the

cast members of the original

street fighter II game together,

in the final scene, to do some

kind of team-spirit-group-cheer

type bullshit. weak.

watch the animated version instead.

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

to top things off, they get all the

cast members of the original

street fighter II game together,

in the final scene, to do some

kind of team-spirit-group-cheer

type bullshit. weak.

talk about shitting on something good.

...the game that is

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000171RAY.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg'>

And I thought Starship Troopers part one was the shit. So I was shocked when I saw how garbage this one was. Then I read somewhere where they spent like 5% of the budget that they spent on Part One. Then it all became clear. Not sure if that's exactly true, but it's obvious that they did spend a lot less on this movie.

Cabin fever was terrible, but the DVD is worth getting for those stop motion animated shorts, Rotten Fruit. I remember laughing until I was almost dead, that’s how funny they were.

You wanna know what sequels I want to see? Darkman 2 and 3. A local critic says they were great, even though they went straight to video, and they replaced Liam Neeson.

Originally posted by ClueTwo

ANCHORMAN SUCKED ASS.

YES! If it had had a plot, I would summarize how shitty it was. Unfortunately, that will not be possible at this time.

The Deep End

This movie was horrible beyond belief. Here's the basic plot: closeted gay son has sex with 35 year old sleazy club owner. Club owner comes to closeted gay son's house, tries to force himself on closet gay son. Club owner is killed at gay son's waterfront home in tahoe.

Mother finds and hides club owner's body.

Gay mafia mastermind tries to extort mother for $50k with video of club owner and gay son having sex. Mother can't come up with 50K, gay mafia member comes to her aid. Mother and gay mafia member fall in love.

Gay mafia mastermind goes to lakefront home, ends up dead. Gay mafia member offers to transport body, runs car off cliff. Dying words: I think i'm not.....

This movie sucked major balls. The acting was mainly centered around the mother looking worried, and the horrid plot speaks for itself.

Archived