Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Movie Weekend

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Nov 22, 2003.

1. So i watched two movies this weekend

First one was Kill Bill last night, tarnantino destroyed his nostrils over that one. Some cool stuff here and there but the movie SUCKED. i was so disapointed. Thank god for UMA and RIP pulp fiction

Second one was Woody Allen's new flick 'Anything Else' with Christina Ricci and Jason Biggs(dude from american pie). That movie fuckin rocked. Highly recommended.

Thats all

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

bitch.

Where's my postcard?

3. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I liked Kill Bill. But you're still my friend. The package arrive yet?

I went to the local theater and watched Donnie Darko at midnight. I own the DVD and have seen it at least 10 times, but, what the hey, it's a good movie. Plus, this theater serves beer and food while you watch, so I had a couple of pints of Newcastle along with the flick. Holler.

4. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

Anything Else was a good movie. I bought Office Space and also bought Donnie Darko today on DVD...

5. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

You can buy beer at the theater? Thats the only good thing about the States, kids. Alcohol anytime, anywhere.
    When I took a jaunt to LA, I tripped every time I waled into a drug store.
    A whole entire aisle of booze!
    40's for $1.30! 2-6's for $10! A case of Newcastle for $12!

Compared to the prices up here, beer is being given away down in the drunken state.

Oh, to stay on topic, I liked Kill Bill. Action from back to front and back again. Having some inside and 'historical' kung fu movie knowledge made it that much cooler.
    This weekend, I DL'ed Blood In, Blood Out. I'll watch it tomorrow.

6. abortedfetus

abortedfetus Banned

I saw ELF
    I laughed.. I cried.. I fell asleep

7. banjo bob

banjo bob New Jack

no.

8. They dont call you angry allan for nothing huh?:D

Anyway, its not that i didnt like Kill Bill..there where things in there totally amazing...but i wouldnt in any way say it reaches Pulp Fiction or even close to that...i drunk 2 whiskeys at the theater(yes, they serve booze like its a bar at theaters here..)Anyway, 'anything else' PMB, you'll love it, i guarantee you.

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

haven't seen kill bill or the woody thing..
    i don't really have any inkling to see kill bill really.

i did see 'the freshest kids' last night, couple hours of
    bronx bboyonics. good on the history/interview tip, but
    overall my critical ass thought it could have been even
    iller. one of these days i'm gonna order all the graffiti rock
    videos.
    tessroc, i assume you've seen matrix, what did you think?
    i went hyped and came out blah.

tonight i may rent noyaanasquatski or whatever its called.
    i still need to see mystic river too.

10. $360

$360 Elite Member

really?anything else was good?i thought it looked a little sketchy but if you say it rocked i might dish out the 9.50 to go see it.

11. 360, its typical woody at its finest, i mean...people ussually either like the dude or completely hate him. I've always thought "annie hall' was his greatest film, if you digged that...you'll love 'Anything Else'

Brownshizzle,

There are a few things that you would appreciate about kill bill, dude is a visual master and uma is the the master visual..however i went there with high expectations that would reach and even top pulp fiction..it definatelly didnt.

As far as the Matrix goes...i was so hyped when i walken in 'reloaded' and so so ugh when i walked out that i dont even feel like knowing how that story ends..long gone. I'm waiting for a really boring sunday and 7euros advantage about it.

I wanna see Mystic River aswell..waiting it for it to release yet...

12. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

mystic river is not bad at all..... not out yet in griggaland ?

13. Nope, i still havent figured out the film distribution system in europe..some films get played here and reach the rest in a month sometimes the other way round...i dont get it.

14. "The Freshest Kids" is pretty good, butit definitely left something to be desired. I thought it was a kind of self-agrandizing (is that a word?) project to command respect for a few certain people. Crazy Legs was a co-producer, and he's always been on the "respect your elders"-type tip. I thought that a documentary of that size should have focused more on the dance itself, but then again, it's called "The Freshest Kids", not "The Freshest Dance". It's about the people themselves, which I guess is good for a general audience, but I think they left out a lot by not going further into the dance. They dug out Spy from the woodwork though, which was ill cause the guy fucking killed it back in the day... nicely counterbalanced the worthless cameos by Pauly Shore and Rakim.

Koyaanisqatsi is fucking awesome, much better than Baraka I think. I hope you dig it, and can stand the Phillip Glass score.

Matrix was dope, but after Reloaded made my ass violently implode with illness, I was expecting a whole damn lot for the resolution, and came out unsatisfied in terms of how the story ends. The visuals ate my face with unnerving ferocity anyhows. And I don't care what anyone says, Reloaded was fucking stupid sick. As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna watch it for the 700th time right now.

15. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

haha, i agree, those cameos were silly.
    i was hoping for alot more dancing too, like more variation and
    stuff...it seemed to me, and maybe my eye just isn't trained to
    distinguish the subtleties(sp?), that there was a ton of repeat
    moves throughout.....like a head spin is basically a head spin,
    whether your arms are tucked in or not. no?
    and i pick apart stupid shit, like the font they used...i hate that
    font. and there wasn't enough new cutting edge shit, dance wise,
    music wise, and editing/graphics wise. or maybe there was..just
    a general feeling.
    also..i meant noyaanasqatski, the new one(third in the series i thnk)..
    its the technology one.
    i also thought reloaded was wicked..i scoff at professional movie critics.

i ALSO heard kill bill was ultra violent/gory...i've lost my appetite for such
    shit, now that every movie seems to have some violence quota it needs to meet.