Movie Weekend

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

So i watched two movies this weekend

First one was Kill Bill last night, tarnantino destroyed his nostrils over that one. Some cool stuff here and there but the movie SUCKED. i was so disapointed. Thank god for UMA and RIP pulp fiction

Second one was Woody Allen's new flick 'Anything Else' with Christina Ricci and Jason Biggs(dude from american pie). That movie fuckin rocked. Highly recommended.

Thats all

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I liked Kill Bill. But you're still my friend. The package arrive yet?

I went to the local theater and watched Donnie Darko at midnight. I own the DVD and have seen it at least 10 times, but, what the hey, it's a good movie. Plus, this theater serves beer and food while you watch, so I had a couple of pints of Newcastle along with the flick. Holler.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Plus, this theater serves beer and food while you watch, so I had a couple of pints of Newcastle along with the flick. Holler.

You can buy beer at the theater? Thats the only good thing about the States, kids. Alcohol anytime, anywhere.

When I took a jaunt to LA, I tripped every time I waled into a drug store.

A whole entire aisle of booze!

40's for $1.30! 2-6's for $10! A case of Newcastle for $12!

Compared to the prices up here, beer is being given away down in the drunken state.

Oh, to stay on topic, I liked Kill Bill. Action from back to front and back again. Having some inside and 'historical' kung fu movie knowledge made it that much cooler.

This weekend, I DL'ed Blood In, Blood Out. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by -Rage-

bitch.

Where's my postcard?

They dont call you angry allan for nothing huh?:D

Anyway, its not that i didnt like Kill Bill..there where things in there totally amazing...but i wouldnt in any way say it reaches Pulp Fiction or even close to that...i drunk 2 whiskeys at the theater(yes, they serve booze like its a bar at theaters here..)Anyway, 'anything else' PMB, you'll love it, i guarantee you.

Guest BROWNer

haven't seen kill bill or the woody thing..

i don't really have any inkling to see kill bill really.

i did see 'the freshest kids' last night, couple hours of

bronx bboyonics. good on the history/interview tip, but

overall my critical ass thought it could have been even

iller. one of these days i'm gonna order all the graffiti rock

videos.

tessroc, i assume you've seen matrix, what did you think?

i went hyped and came out blah.

tonight i may rent noyaanasquatski or whatever its called.

i still need to see mystic river too.

Guest imported_Tesseract

360, its typical woody at its finest, i mean...people ussually either like the dude or completely hate him. I've always thought "annie hall' was his greatest film, if you digged that...you'll love 'Anything Else'

Brownshizzle,

There are a few things that you would appreciate about kill bill, dude is a visual master and uma is the the master visual..however i went there with high expectations that would reach and even top pulp fiction..it definatelly didnt.

As far as the Matrix goes...i was so hyped when i walken in 'reloaded' and so so ugh when i walked out that i dont even feel like knowing how that story ends..long gone. I'm waiting for a really boring sunday and 7euros advantage about it.

I wanna see Mystic River aswell..waiting it for it to release yet...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Nope, i still havent figured out the film distribution system in europe..some films get played here and reach the rest in a month sometimes the other way round...i dont get it.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by BROWNer

haven't seen kill bill or the woody thing..

i don't really have any inkling to see kill bill really.

i did see 'the freshest kids' last night, couple hours of

bronx bboyonics. good on the history/interview tip, but

overall my critical ass thought it could have been even

iller. one of these days i'm gonna order all the graffiti rock

videos.

tessroc, i assume you've seen matrix, what did you think?

i went hyped and came out blah.

tonight i may rent noyaanasquatski or whatever its called.

i still need to see mystic river too.

"The Freshest Kids" is pretty good, butit definitely left something to be desired. I thought it was a kind of self-agrandizing (is that a word?) project to command respect for a few certain people. Crazy Legs was a co-producer, and he's always been on the "respect your elders"-type tip. I thought that a documentary of that size should have focused more on the dance itself, but then again, it's called "The Freshest Kids", not "The Freshest Dance". It's about the people themselves, which I guess is good for a general audience, but I think they left out a lot by not going further into the dance. They dug out Spy from the woodwork though, which was ill cause the guy fucking killed it back in the day... nicely counterbalanced the worthless cameos by Pauly Shore and Rakim.

Koyaanisqatsi is fucking awesome, much better than Baraka I think. I hope you dig it, and can stand the Phillip Glass score.

Matrix was dope, but after Reloaded made my ass violently implode with illness, I was expecting a whole damn lot for the resolution, and came out unsatisfied in terms of how the story ends. The visuals ate my face with unnerving ferocity anyhows. And I don't care what anyone says, Reloaded was fucking stupid sick. As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna watch it for the 700th time right now.

Guest BROWNer

haha, i agree, those cameos were silly.

i was hoping for alot more dancing too, like more variation and

stuff...it seemed to me, and maybe my eye just isn't trained to

distinguish the subtleties(sp?), that there was a ton of repeat

moves throughout.....like a head spin is basically a head spin,

whether your arms are tucked in or not. no?

and i pick apart stupid shit, like the font they used...i hate that

font. and there wasn't enough new cutting edge shit, dance wise,

music wise, and editing/graphics wise. or maybe there was..just

a general feeling.

also..i meant noyaanasqatski, the new one(third in the series i thnk)..

its the technology one.

i also thought reloaded was wicked..i scoff at professional movie critics.

i ALSO heard kill bill was ultra violent/gory...i've lost my appetite for such

shit, now that every movie seems to have some violence quota it needs to meet.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Its not violent in a violent way...i mean, when you chop someones head off and the blood pops out like a 9 feet fountain its more easthetical...i guess.

El Mamatrrix,

What destroyed reloaded for me was the 10 minute ad about revolutions in the end...but nothing even came close to the thrill i felt after watching the first (and in my opinion, only) matrix

Haha, exactly, I had a bunch of issues with design details and editing cuts that irked the fuck out of me. And yeah, since the documentary is mostly about the first generation bboys, they left little time to show what's with the current scene... the cutoff point was I think Radiotron, which was 96-97. That leaves you with very basic dancing, in the early 80's there wasn't a very big vocabulary of moves, so you see the same shit over and over again.

I think the past 5 years, left out of the documentary, have involved more creativity and imagination than the past 25, shit is fucking out of control. And you know what? I bet they were left out on purpose... a lot of this surge in creativity has been due to the new kids discarding their preconceptions of the dance and sometimes even completely dismissing the foundation. The old schoolers don't dig this very much.

And ooooh, you're watching Naqoyqatsi... I haven't copped that one yet, but I'm a bit wary of it. It seems to be vastly made up by composited effect shots, which can ruin the vibe easily if not pulled off well. All previews I've seen have some sick shit, but there's definitely nuances of cheese in the composites.

Oh, and I thought those last 10 minutes were ill... I also saw it as a commercial for Revolutions, but it just got me pumped cause the storyline had just become so much more complex...

And then when I watched Revolutions I realized it wasn't a commercial at all, cause a lot of the questions that had come up at the end of Reloaded were barely touched upon, or answered with what seemed like half-ass solutions. I'm honestly wondering if the crowd reaction to Reloaded prompted producers to make last minute editing changes to Revolutions... It seems like they dumbed it down a few notches after so many people got too confused to enjoy Reloaded.

By the way, a couple of days ago I watched the first Matrix, which I hadn't seen in a while, and then went to see Revolutions again, and it was like 3x better. There's a SHITLOAD of nods and references to the first movie that I hadn't caught at first, and it made it soooo much iller.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm more reffering to the originality of the whole thing and the lack of additive essense to the ones that followed.

whatever happened to. Beer,

El Mamerro?

You know, I was wondering that myself the other day. I signed off like that for YEARS online, and then it just kinda stopped. I don't know exactly why, maybe it was a n00bish thing I did for too long, or I felt it detracted from the punchline when I delivered a one-liner, or some gay shit like that. I still love beer as much as I love peace, though, which was the whole point of signing off like that.

And Reloaded, I think that the most essentially original concepts were already used up in the first movie, which left the sequels to be innovative in the areas they still had a chance to, which was mainly visuals. A lot of people don't think the visuals were particularly innovative either, just an extension of Bullet Time, but I think they took it so far they stood on their own with no problem. But once the whole concept of "the world we live in isn't real" was planted, there really wasn't much they could do to match the mindblow factor... and the next step was "not only is the world not real, but the people we know may not be real either", which they did by focusing on other programs standing as humans that inhabit the Matrix. This kinda alienates you a bit because you can't relate as well to that concept as you could to the first movie, and it definitely doesn't carry the same impact, but I still dug it immensely.

Archived