Movie: The Legend Of Zu

RumPuncher

THE LEGEND OF ZU

(aka Zu Warriors)

Fans of extremely impossible asian cinema,

here's a flick that you need to check out.

http://www.trashcity.org/BLITZ/BLIT0985.JPG'>

http://www.ed-wood.net/top2001-legend-zu8.jpg'>

so I was shopping in chinatown and I came across this video

that blew my mind and left me with a serious case of [el]kaboom pants[/mamerro].

http://www.kungfucinema.com/images/stills/legendofzu01.jpg'>http://www.kungfucinema.com/images/stills/legendofzu02.jpg'>http://www.kungfucinema.com/images/stills/legendofzu03.jpg'>

yes... that's the 'comb girl' from Crouching Tiger in the 3rd pic

• The ambitious and at times confusing story begins as King Sky (Ekin Cheng), the sole survivor of the Kun Lun clan witnesses the death of Dawn (Cecilia Cheung), his mentor by a demon named Insomnia who manifests itself in the form of thousands of flying skulls. Flash forward 200 years and Insomnia has returned to the Zu mountains to lay waste to the Omei clan, led by the powerful and righteous Whitebrows (Sammo Hung Kam-po). Unable to defeat the clan outright, Insomnia tricks the clan members into opening the Blood Cave, a powerful force within the mountains that begins to drain the power from all the remaining clans. Troubles mount as the two guardians of Omei fail to merge the power of their Heaven and Thunder Swords resulting in the death of Thunder Sword wielder. Meanwhile, the clan's eldest brother, Red is possessed by Amnesia, a pixie-like demon that escaped from the Blood Cave. Later, King Sky is roasted while trying to restore the memories of his former mentor to her reincarnated form, now known as Enigma. As the remaining guardian of Omei, Enigma's spirit is stolen by Amnesia and her body is hidden in the Blood Cave. The only hope for the Omei clan and the world is in Ying (Wu Jing), appointed by fate to wield the Thunder Sword despite the fact that his power remains dormant. In the end, King Sky is rejuvenated and must combat his old friend, Red while Ying and Enigma must combine their power to destroy Insomnia once and for all.

++++ Quicktime Trailer ++++

well it looks like Miramax is going to be bringing it to the engrish mark sometime 'soon'.

riiiight... I'm still waiting for Shaolin Soccer to hit the screens

So... anyone seen this flick? Care to comment? You still lurking around Rage? I Know You've seen this film.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I remember seeing the trailer for this movie a while back on some tape I'd rented... might have been the Iron Monkey remake. It looked pretty fucking insane.

Unfortunately, there's a serious dearth of foreign movies (unless they're latin) here in PR, so unless it makes it to the single local art house cinema, it's not very likely I'll be able to catch it... same goes for video stores.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

That would be a solid negative. There's nearly zero asian community here, with the exception of those who run take-out restaurants and a handful of sushi places. It's so stereotypical it's not even funny.

*Edit: Yes!! That's where I saw the trailer too, on Brotherhood of the Wolf. I enjoyed the shit out of that movie cause it was so goddamn over the top... not in the same way this movie is over the top, but because it seemed desperate trying to cram every single cinematic concept ever developed into one movie.

ok... this movie is not for everyone. clearly.

the subtitles were so sparse that it was a little hard to figure out what was happening,

but just like the Matrix series, you can take as much or as little from it as your want.

Either way... this flick is some of the sweetest eye candy I've ever seen,

and you can bet that a bunch of the gfx are going to cross over to our market soon.

I seriously think miramax uses some of these films to test the market with

no real risk. The chinese will eat this shit up and some north americans will get it.

They'd need to work a voice over track into it to make it fly,

but it would leave any theatre covered in poop. (from the mandatory pants explosion)

I agree some of the graphics was pretty cool, it just wasn't for me.

I saw this movie with great hype anticipation from watching the trailer. My homeboy's girl saw the dvd in chinatown (i live in a city with a fucking huge chinatown as well as having more puerto ricans then the actual island) and copped it. i actually watched it in 2 doses because it was so over the top.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by Kilo7-

Either way... this flick is some of the sweetest eye candy I've ever seen,

and you can bet that a bunch of the gfx are going to cross over to our market soon.

Legend of Zu is a dope flick.

Now, imagine if someone had used the same style of FX

to make the Street Fighter and Mortal Combat movies.

With better stories too.

Have you ever seen 'Hero'?

Archived