Movie Quotes

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite movie quotes is "COP" starring James Woods.

James Woods' character has finally tracked down the killer and has his shotgun pointed at him, point blank. The bad guy is now unarmed and tells Woods that he has to take him in because that's his job and the reply?:

"Well, I have some good news and some bad news about that. The good news is you're right. I am a cop and it is my job to take you in. The bad news is I just got suspended and I don't give a fuck."

And BOOM, lets one loose from the shottie. Shit was savage.

James_Woods.jpg

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

billy.jpg

46.jpg

Walter Sobchak: I told those fucks down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

Donny: What's Shabbos?

Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit

[shouts]

Walter Sobchak: don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!

Walter Sobchak: I'm saying, I see what you're getting at, Dude, he kept the money. My point is, here we are, it's shabbas, the sabbath, which I'm allowed to break only if it's a matter of life or death...

The Dude: Will you come off it, Walter? You're not even fucking Jewish, man.

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talkin' about?

The Dude: Man, you're fucking Polish Catholic...

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? I converted when I married Cynthia! Come on, Dude!

The Dude: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Walter Sobchak: And you know this!

The Dude: Yeah, and five fucking years ago you were divorced.

Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?

The Dude: It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man. Taking care of her fucking dog. Going to her fucking synagogue. You're living in the fucking past.

Walter Sobchak: Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax...

[shouting]

Walter Sobchak: You're goddamn right I'm living in the fucking past!

carnivalofsouls1.jpg

Carnival of Souls:

Mary Henry: I don't belong in the world.

----

John Linden: [pours whiskey in his morning coffee] What do you think, I'm an alcoholic? I just like to start the day off in a good mood.

Mary Henry: You must be hilarious by noon.

----

John Linden: [when Mary does not drink the glass of beer he ordered for her at a bar] What's the matter? Don't you drink?

Mary Henry: Not really.

John Linden: Well, I do. And not only do I drink really, I really drink.

------------

Minister: You cannot live in isolation from the human race, you know.

carnivalofsouls4.jpg

Assault on Precinct 13 (the original, not the shit remake)

apst10.jpg

Wells: Look at that, two cops wishing me luck. I'm doomed.

-------

Captain Collins: There are no heroes anymore, Bishop. Just men who follow orders.

--------

Napoleon Wilson: In my situation, days are like women - each one's so damn precious, but they all end up leaving you.

---------

Napoleon Wilson: Still have the gun?

Leigh: Two shots. Should I save them for the two of us?

Napoleon Wilson: Save 'em for the first two assholes who come through that vent.

--------

[Offering Bishop coffee]

Leigh: Black?

Bishop: For over thirty years.

-------------

Leigh: I've never had much faith in anyone coming to my rescue.

Wilson: Maybe you've been associating with the wrong kind of people.

Leigh: I've worked with police officers for five years.

---------

Julie: Why would anybody want to shoot at a police station?

apst15.jpg

apst07.jpg

carpenter_aop13.jpg

"God you're so pathetic.......don't you ever....ever compare yourself to me...okay?...you got everything and I got shit...fuckin' repunzel right?...school would probably fuckin' shut down if you didn't show up....Queenie isn't here!!!!......I like those earrings Claire....are those real diamonds Claire?.....I bet they are.....Did you WORK for the money for those earrings?.....or did your Daddy buy those?.....I bet he bought those for you....I bet those were a Christmas gift...right?.....YOU KNOW I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS?..IT WAS A BANNER FUCKIN' YEAR AT OL' BENDER FAMILY..I got a carton of cigarettes....old man grabbed me and said" HERE SMOKE UP JOHNNY!!!"....so home and cry to your Daddy don't cry here okay"

John Bender

The Breakfast Club

This movie is timeless.

Also from baseketball:

Squeak says "Hey Tuttle!" (reading from the note that Remer wrote on his hand) "Your mother's deaf." Tuttle says "My mother's dead, you little twerp!", to which Squeak replies (still reading) "I guess that's why she didn't move around a lot." Dust rises up around him.

Tony Montana: You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

[to Sosa's assassins]

Tony Montana: I'm Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin' with the best!

Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.

Manny: Oh, well what's coming to you?

Tony Montana: The world, Chico, and everything in it.

Tony Montana: This is paradise, I'm tellin' ya. This town like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked.

Tony Montana: I got ears, ya know. I hear things.

Frank Lopez: Yeah? What do you hear about Echevierra and the Diaz brothers? What about them? What about Caspar Gomez? What is he gonna do when you start moving 2000 keys?

Tony Montana: Fuck Caspar Gomez! And fuck the fuckin' Diaz brothers! Fuck 'em all! I bury those cockroaches!

Tony Montana: Here pelican, pelican, pelican..

Tony Montana: You think I kill two kids and a woman? Fuck that! I don't need that shit in my life!

[Tony sees that Alberto is about to detonate the car bomb]

Tony Montana: You die, motherfucker!

[shoots Alberto in the face, killing him]

Tony Montana: What you think I am? What you think, I a fuckin' worm, like you? I told you, man! I told you, don't fuck with me! I told you, no fuckin' kids! No, but you wouldn't listen! Well, you stupid fuck! Look at you now.

Tony Montana: [watching flamingos on TV] Come on, pelicans! Fly, fly away!

Man no shit basically every word that comes out of his mouth is gold.

Various Leslie Neilson containing movies...

Airplane!

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?

Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Steve McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.

Steve McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

Steve McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines

Steve McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Hanging Lady: Nervous?

Ted Striker: Yes.

Hanging Lady: First time?

Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times.

Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?

Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.

Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Quotes from Frank Drebin, Police Squad:

Frank: It's true what they say: Cops and women don't mix. It's like eating a spoonful of Drano, sure it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you hollow inside.

[offering a cigar]

Vincent Ludwig: Cuban?

Frank: No, Dutch-Irish. My father was from Wales.

Frank Drebin: Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.

Frank Drebin: Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.

Lt. Frank Drebin: I love being single. I haven't this much sex since I was a boy scout leader!

Papshmir: My people are very upset.

Muriel Dillon: They're always upset. They're Arab terrorists.

Banquet Doorman: Your coat, sir?

Lt. Frank Drebin: Yes, it is. And I have a receipt to prove it.

Almost famous: My favorite movie of all time.

almost-famous.jpg

"Some people have a hard time explaining rock 'n' roll. I don't think anyone can really explain rock 'n' roll. Except Pete Townshend, but that's okay. Rock 'n' roll is a lifestyle and a way of thinking... and it's not about money and popularity. Although, some money would be nice. But it's a voice that says, "Here I am... and fuck you if you can't understand me." And one of these people is gonna save the world. And that means that rock 'n' roll can save the world... all of us together. And the chicks are great. But what it all comes down to is that thing. The indefinable thing when people catch something in your music. "

HEHEHEE..