Moussaoui Pleads Guilty. Declares himself Loyal to Osama/Al Qaeda

Pistol

The piece of shit scumbag plead his allegiance to Osama Bin Laden and called himself an Al Qaeda Warrior, even after the jude told him to shut the fuck up for his own good.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020718/capt.1027016403.moussaoui_indictment_ny115.jpg'>

* FILE * Zacarias Moussaoui, a French-Algerian is shown in this August 2001 photo. Moussaoui the only person charged as a Sept. 11 conspirator, attempted to plead guilty Thursday, July 18, 2002, but the judge insisted that he take a week to think about it. (AP Photo/Sherburne County Sheriff's Office)

Moussaoui Attempts to Plead Guilty

Thu Jul 18, 6:25 PM ET

By LARRY MARGASAK, Associated Press Writer

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) - The sole person charged in the Sept. 11 terror attacks, Zacarias Moussaoui, tried to plead guilty Thursday and declared himself an al-Qaida warrior loyal to Osama bin Laden ( news - web sites). The judge insisted that he take a week to consider the consequences in the death penalty case.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema took the rare step of refusing to accept the plea after Moussaoui stunned the courtroom with his announcement. He kept talking after the judge told him to stop and almost was removed from the courtroom.

Brinkema entered an innocent plea for Moussaoui, but she also set an arraignment for next Thursday, so Moussaoui could respond again to a revised indictment that now includes alleged conduct that could let the government execute him.

"I want to enter a plea, I want to enter a plea of guilty," Moussaoui said, insisting this would allow him to spare his life by explaining what he knows about the Sept. 11 attacks.

Moussaoui, acting as his own attorney, has said in written motions that he was not involved in the attacks, despite an indictment that accuses him of conspiring with the 19 hijackers.

"I know exactly who done it," he said, standing at the lawyers' lectern facing the judge. "I know which group, who participated, when it was decided. I have many information."

He added, "I am member of al-Qaida. I pledge bayat (a loyalty oath) to Osama bin Laden."

In between the latter two sentences, the judge tried to stop Moussaoui from speaking and threatened to have U.S. marshals remove him from the court. They did not have to do so.

At another point, Moussaoui threw up both hands in a movement of self-defense. The judge told him to put his hand down.

Instead, Brinkema advised him of the precarious situation he was creating for himself.

"If a defendant stands up in court and says, 'I'm guilty of the offense,' you may put yourself in a position where you cannot undo those words," she said.

Moussaoui sat alone in the middle of three seats at the defense table except when he stood to address the court. He wore the standard green jumpsuit issued by the Alexandria Detention Center.

While the government previously announced its intention to seek the death penalty, the new indictment — the third in the case — specified the conduct that could trigger use of the law. It said, for instance, that Moussaoui acted with substantial planning and premeditation in conspiring to commit terrorism.

Prosecutors had a grand jury add the language because a Supreme Court ruling last month said juries, not judges, must be the ultimate arbiters of life or death. However, the decision does not appear to apply in cases in which a defendant pleads guilty and waives his right to have a jury hear the case, lawyers said.

Lawyers differed over what would happen if Brinkema accepted the plea and prosecutors went ahead with plans to seek a death sentence.

Washington lawyer Plato Cacheris said he doubts Brinkema would decide on her own whether to impose a death sentence, saying, "There would probably be a jury empaneled for that purpose."

However, George Washington University law professor Stephen Saltzburg said Moussaoui would waive his right to a jury entirely if he pleads guilty.

Guilty pleas are usually negotiated and often work to a defendant's advantage, especially when they result in removing the death penalty as a potential sentence.

Brinkema announced that Moussaoui had dropped demands that had prevented him from testifying before a grand jury, which he has said he wants to do. It was unclear whether that testimony would be scheduled.

On Monday, U.S.-born Taliban soldier John Walker Lindh pleaded guilty to two felonies in the same courthouse. But that was a deal negotiated by his lawyers and the government.

In Moussaoui's two previous arraignments, Brinkema has entered innocent pleas for him. In December, he said he had no plea, and in June, he tried to plead "no contest," the equivalent of a guilty plea.

At Thursday's hearing, Moussaoui initially tried to enter "a pure plea," a term he found in a law dictionary. After Brinkema said no such plea was recognized and he was confused, Moussasoui said, "I'm not confused, thank you."

When Brinkema asked whether he wanted an extension of his Sept. 30 trial date to give him more preparation time, Moussaoui said he wanted to think about it.

Brinkema said Moussaoui's court-appointed lawyers would have raised the issue for him.

"I don't have to consult with people who ... have undermined my defense," he told the judge. "So I like you to stop this, this nonsense game that you are playing here.

"And I don't have to take advice from you concerning the way I defend myself."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hes fucked!! fucked right up his terrorist asshole. serves him right. hes probably even more fucked if he gets a jury ("of his peers" yeah. haha). if the citizens have anything to do with his punishment, i would bet hes dead. and if he knew what he was in for he would probably hope for the death penalty. think of how fucked up and raped hes going to get in prison. hell probably be the bitch of the whole cell block. the guards will probably rape him with their night sticks every morning. god damn. he really should of thought about that shit before he decided to do some stupid shit. no pitty over here.

Guest Catch22

Yeah I would rather him get a life sentence instead of the death penalty. I'm all for the death penalty but I would rather see this piece of shit scumbag get stretched out in prison!

THOSE DUDES ARE FUCKIN SERIOUS I DONT SEE HOW WE CAN TRULEY DEFEND OURSELVES AGAINST PEOPLE WHO ARE SO WILLING TO DIE FOR THEIR CAUSE,THIS GUY IS DOWN FOR WHAT HE BELIVES IN EVEN IF IT IS FUCKED UP...... I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEBODY IN HIS CASE COULD REACT THAT WAY.......

Archived