Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Milton, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Milton

Milton Senior Member

1981 Honda CB900 Custom... Bought it from a German dude who got it from a priest. It's a little old which is good because I'm still new and already almost dropped it. The engine is a fucking beast (inline 4) with 10 gears (5 hi and 5 lo) a shaft drive and a top speed of around 150.

The picture is the only one I have from the add on Craigslist...

Over the Summer it's going to be rebuilt, chopped, repainted and ridden from LA to Seattle and back...

Milton (HardXXXCore Biker Dude Oner!)

Attached Files:

2. Soup

Soup Elite Member

Good to hear it's being repainted. I'm laughing at the thought of a preist cruising the school zones on a purple cruiser.

3. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

tonight was biker night here in louisville.
    shit is ridiculous

4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

4 cylinders on a bike, hmm

is it loud? if so does it sound like a 4 cylinder car without a muffler?

5. rattleytins

rattleytins Member

that looks pretty mean, u shud get hold of a battered leather jacket and grow your hair long and grow a massive mostauche.
    i just think that would look cool ridin around...

6. 1988

1988 Elite Member

7. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

Bitches love pink bikes, you better be ready for the vagina monster...

8. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

AWSOME AWESOME AWESOME

congrats on the purchase.
    I'm going to be buying something this summer,
    My plan is to ride to Halifax and Cape Bretton Island
    (Canadian East Coast). Just got pass this driving test.

9. Fucking excellent. How much is your budget for the repainting/chopping?

Oh, and lose the sissy bar STAT.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

nice...congrats Milty.

hook the ounce up with pics as you go.

11. fuse=--action

fuse=--action Senior Member

This is one more thing I gotta learn how to do.

Is riding difficult?
    -fuse.

12. Milton

Milton Senior Member

Not really, it's a lot like riding a very large, very fast bicycle...

Thanks everyone, I'm excited.

The bike was $900, which I think is decent for the shape it's in and the priest only got it up to 38k which is good...

It sounds very "motorcycley" but in a japanese way, it doesn't rattle as much as a harley, but it's got a nice throaty exhaust note. Picture Nina Simone with a very bad cold.

I'm not exactly sure what the budget for chopping and painting is. If everything goes as planned I'll do it myself at my buddy's body shop. Right now the plan is to do it a black pearl shade and then to either powdercoat or use high-temp flat-black on most of the engine components similar to the Harley Night Train.
    [​IMG]

I'll definitely come back on when I start the process and let you know about the progress. And probably to beg Steve Austin for advice...

On another note my grandfather already made fun of me about the sissy bar. It's only 4 bolts holding it on, it will be on ebay as soon as possible. If I have to hear "sissy bars are for girls" or "it's so cute you can take your girlfriend around with you..." one more time I'm going to develop a complex.

Attached Files:

13. FuzZy

FuzZy Elite Member

damn thats things ugly......glad you only paid 900 for her

Im sure its going to look real nice after you put some work into it...
    I would probably do alittle bit of engine work since it has so many miles
    like adjust the valves
    and do a complete tune-up
    flush out the whole system

good luck with fixing it up.....make sure you post the progress pics

14. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

15. JimmieWalker

JimmieWalker Senior Member

I purchased a sporty a while ago and am thinking about getting one of those chop kits but I havent decided if I want to do that or chop it for real. I just dont know what the cost will be to actually chop up the frame. If I could do it my self I would but I dont have the know how or the tools. I have imaging that will cost you at least 4grand with all the paint and labor in chopping the fram. Do you know what Rake you are going to turn it into?